Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is Landmark Forum now in Cuba?!
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 31, 2004 11:27PM

This just in on Craiglist.org

[www.craigslist.org]

My fiance made a commitment to holding the Landmark Forum in Cuba. If you know somebody who is in a position to make this happen, or know somebody who may know somebody in a position to make this happen, please send me a message with your name and what you are willing to do to facilitate a meeting or a phone call. I will respond to all messages.

If you believe that you do not have the contacts, then please send a message of support and what it would mean to you to have the Landmark Forum in Cuba.

Please feel free to pass this message to anybody who you think can make a difference.

Thanks, (unquote)

Americans cannot travel directly from the US to Cuba.

If someone gets sick or has a psychological problem, they'll have great difficulty getting treatment,and emergency extradition to the US will be horrendously complicated.

Plus, if you're doing an LGAT in Cuba, you cant easily leave if you decide it isnt for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RavenTree ()
Date: April 01, 2004 04:50AM

The trainer for one of my sessions in a new Lifespring/Landmarkian mind-fu*k called "What's Next?" was from Puerto Rico. He talked about "the trainings" having been in Puerto Rico for more than a decade. He also talked of traveling all over the world to do the trainings, particularly in Latin American countries. So, maybe it's not necessarily coming directly out of the U.S. but another Latin American country that these scumbags have colonized.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 01, 2004 09:26PM

Who, exactly, do they hope to recruit? There are the Cubans who can't afford it, and the tourists who come via Canada and Mexico and other parts, who can. Why would they go to Cuba to take LE courses?

And what is this person's intent? To save Cubans living under Castro. To empower them? To change their story about what their being?

The motive for carrying out such a complex (and weird) project seems very narcissistic.

Posted by: kittypaw ()
Date: April 02, 2004 12:03AM

I wonder how much $ that person would have to raise.
-to rent space
-to pay the Leader

Maybe assistants would fly over to help. It seems a bit weird to be soliciting help through a U.S. Craig's list, unless it is to find bilingual helpers/raise $.

There was a song I learned in Sunday school which always freaked me out because of its militaristic overtones -"Onward Christian Soldiers." Onward Landmark imperialist soldiers?

OK- maybe I am just a bitter cynic now.

-Val

Date: April 02, 2004 04:25AM

Yep. Let's see how selfless Landmark is about spreading their philosophy. (I'm sure the answer is: not at all.)

My friend mentioned signing up for the Advanced Course and I asked how much it was. Quite a bit more than the Intro even though it was a day longer. When I drew a sharp breah -since she had barely enough $ to do the first course, much less one even more expensive- she got defensive.

She: "It costs a little more than the 1st course but it's also longer. Why is it that people expect spirituality to be free? They're willing to pay for other things that are important to them."

Me: "It's a business."

She:"You're saying that like it's a bad thing!"

Me:"No, I just said it costs money to run a business."

Jeez!

-Val

Date: April 02, 2004 04:47AM

gc4062
Val,

Sounds like your friend is caught up in the typical delusional state after the forum. The advanced course is TWICE the price of the forum... depending on the area where you live, it is up to or exceeding

[i:13e44e1ce9]Originally posted by gc4062 [/i:13e44e1ce9]
[b:13e44e1ce9]Val,

Sounds like your friend is caught up in the typical delusional state after the forum. The advanced course is TWICE the price of the forum... depending on the area where you live, it is up to or exceeding $1,000.00. The knock off half the price of the deposit if they register before the Friday following the Tuesday night of their forum.

The advanced course is the cash cow for the company... it's one day longer than the forum, they have to pay royalties for the movie clips and songs used -- I think you get the idea that the profit margin is larger than the forum.

Expect the defensive posturing any time you question the logic behind spending this much cash.

If you found the jargon annoying after the forum, wait until she starts prancing around breathlessly pronouncing her "possibility" to all and sundry. As mentioned before, then she'll be leaned on to complete the curriculum and sign up for SELP. Every course has a sales pitch for "what's next".

Invest in earplugs, you'll be needing them :) [/b:13e44e1ce9]
,000.00. The knock off half the price of the deposit if they register before the Friday following the Tuesday night of their forum.

The advanced course is the cash cow for the company... it's one day longer than the forum, they have to pay royalties for the movie clips and songs used -- I think you get the idea that the profit margin is larger than the forum.

Expect the defensive posturing any time you question the logic behind spending this much cash.

If you found the jargon annoying after the forum, wait until she starts prancing around breathlessly pronouncing her "possibility" to all and sundry. As mentioned before, then she'll be leaned on to complete the curriculum and sign up for SELP. Every course has a sales pitch for "what's next".

Invest in earplugs, you'll be needing them :)

OK- this is only tangentially related to the Forum in Cuba, but...
What movies and songs are used in the Advanced Course?

I suppose if the Advanced Course is given in Latin America, there are translated versions of the movies/songs too.

Is it a sing-a-long? (Suddenly my vision of the Advanced Course is even scarier than I thought.)

-Val

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 02, 2004 08:01AM

Why is it that people expect spirituality to be free?

Get out!! She asked that? She thinks it's about spirituality????
ROFLMFAO!

Posted by: LoriS ()
Date: April 02, 2004 09:32AM

And how DARE they quote Monty Python??

I picked up on the Sprituality part too. That is really sad.

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: April 02, 2004 09:41AM

My understanding of the prevailing US law as an Australian is as follows:
1.No US company can trade with Cuba or set up an office in Cuba.

2. If a country trades with Cuba and also the US, The US companies are obliged to cease operations with that country.

IE: If an Australian corporation trades with Cuba or sets up an office, it is illegal for a US company to trade with an Australian company.

Two points:
1. No doubt Castro would be interested in the "possibility" of his people being transformed "al la" LE style and away from his control. Who's going to tell him?

2. If LE goes ahead and establishes a base in Cuba, it may cause the collapse of the organisation via the US Act of Parliament.

Thoughts on this?
Oz

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: April 02, 2004 12:49PM

There is no chance LE will ever be launched in Cuba under the current administration.
Oz

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.