Current Page: 4 of 5
Landmark 2020
Posted by: karenb ()
Date: September 27, 2007 05:50AM

I would assume they would like to get into the public schools, into court-mandated drug and alcohol programs, and into the prisons, here and outside the US.

The problems with this plan:

1. Scientology, cultish forms of AA, and everyone else wants to do the same thing
2. The less control they have over the exercise of the technology, the less effective it will be. There is no way to keep it from being diluted, especially since expansion will require expansion into non-English speaking populations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark 2020
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: September 27, 2007 06:05AM

Karenb,

According to one of my Landmark instructors they are already doing Landmark training in atleast one prison here in the US.

They also claim to have trained the Police force in Mexico City and they do offer courses in Latin America.

Recently the Chinese government allowed Landmark to begin operating in China. You should see the Lekkie leaders light up when they talk about taking the "technology" to China.

They also really want someone to start leading it in the Muslim population in the Middle East.

I'm not sure how diluted it will become in non english speaking countries. People who are fluent in a language can easily transmit concepts and ideas to a foreign language. Some of the mind control techniques that they use were probably developed in non English speaking countries so it should be easy for them to translate it into what ever language they need.

Landmark 2020
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: September 27, 2007 06:19AM

The Shadow
ON2 LF
I wonder if there's a landmarkian term for 'bigamy' or 'child abandonment', or 'child abuse'?

Hi 'ON2 LF - YEP, I think there is: I think it is called "transforming your life".... :lol:

regards,
'shad'

Good one, 'shad'! Very good!

Landmark 2020
Date: September 27, 2007 07:58AM

It's just not the dilution in translation, it's the dilution of the whole thing. For the brainwashing to work, you have to have total control of the space, and there's no way to control spaces you don't control. How are you going to line up all the chairs and remove all visual stimulus in a public school classroom? How are you going to have plants in a prison? And even more importantly, it's not going to work on a non-self-selected group. It won't work for really basic reasons - like how are you going to keep people from getting up and going to the bathroom? It's only nutbar brainwashed lekkies who would even think this would be possible.

Landmark 2020
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 27, 2007 08:00AM

The Shadow
ON2 LF
I wonder if there's a landmarkian term for 'bigamy' or 'child abandonment', or 'child abuse'?

Hi 'ON2 LF - YEP, I think there is: I think it is called "transforming your life".... :lol:

regards,
'shad'

yeh, how to go from 0 to sociopath in three days.

Landmark 2020
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: September 27, 2007 09:59AM

karenb
It's just not the dilution in translation, it's the dilution of the whole thing. For the brainwashing to work, you have to have total control of the space, and there's no way to control spaces you don't control. How are you going to line up all the chairs and remove all visual stimulus in a public school classroom? How are you going to have plants in a prison? And even more importantly, it's not going to work on a non-self-selected group. It won't work for really basic reasons - like how are you going to keep people from getting up and going to the bathroom? It's only nutbar brainwashed lekkies who would even think this would be possible.

Any people on here have any experience in Landmark outside of the "English" speaking world?

What I saw from the France 3 video it looked the same as the "English" version of the Landmark Forum right down to how the room was set up. Same reactions in the people as well.

Landmark 2020
Date: September 28, 2007 04:24AM

Sure, but that's an Indo-European language, a Western culture, and most importantly, the group was self-selected.

Landmark 2020
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 28, 2007 07:11AM

karenb
I would assume they would like to get into the public schools, into court-mandated drug and alcohol programs, and into the prisons, here and outside the US.

The problems with this plan:

1. Scientology, cultish forms of AA, and everyone else wants to do the same thing
2. The less control they have over the exercise of the technology, the less effective it will be. There is no way to keep it from being diluted, especially since expansion will require expansion into non-English speaking populations.

You remember the LIFELINE exercise in Donnie Darko? That's about how it plays out...and they did that shit in public schools regularly in the 70s and 80s.

Landmark 2020
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 28, 2007 07:15AM

The Shadow
I just heard on the radio that a man from another country (not Canada or the US) is a University Trained chemical scientist (from an acredited university) yet he cannot get any other job here other than taxi driver, security guard, janitor, etc. ISN'T IT AMAZING -- an ex-used car salesman, a hairdress, a clerk, can walk accross the border and do psychotherapy on people, all WITHOUT PROPER TRAINING OR ANY KIND OF LICENCE! -
'shad'

Shad, all this stuff comes and goes in cycles. Humans are stupid and often forget the past. There's an upsurge in mental health services and the need for qualified professionals.

We've been around since the 1800s, in a professional body.

We always come out on top.

Fuck the wannabes, really. It all plays out like it's supposed to.

Landmark 2020
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 28, 2007 07:03PM

I hope the American Psychiatric Association wakes up to the damage the wanna bees are causing and puts an abrupt stop to every unethical, illegal, and incompetent practice of psychotherapy or counselling, whatever its disguise, and lobbys for legislation that will keep it stopped.

Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.