Odd observances...Correlation?
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 18, 2007 01:49AM

The CoS is out actively recruiting in subways and on streets in NYC and some of the other major areas.

People have noticed this as being very out-of-the ordinary.

I can only offer conjecture and maybe someone else has some things they've seen.

The surge in LE recruitment has reached peak levels. Given that LE appropriated a lot of the CoS's technology without permission, and the fact LE is attempting a reconciliation with Erhard, I get the sense that CoS may be arming themselves for a showdown with LE.

People that are practicing Scientologists, including the ones I've spoke to, I personally do not have a problem with. The back off if you're uninterested and have normal conversations, normal social interaction. They accept CoS as a church and a religious belief system and seem to have the understanding that pushing a viewpoint is counterproductive given there are so many religions out there, all equally strange and unique to those not part of said religions. Save for Cruise, mum's been the word, largely. The medical treatment part I would say aligns with Christian Scientists: if they feel medical treatment is not necessary, they avoid it.

LE, on the other hand, is having the problems CoS USED to have. I'd venture that Scientologists that are not zealots have a fairly firm grip of the place religion has. Take it for what it is. I've told Scientologists I'm not interested and they've told me thanks for my time and left it at that.

LE is not a church. Recruitment and censorship of critics is their racket, in their terminology. They've got multiple problems on multiple fronts.

And although they've reconciled Erhard, they haven't reconciled their origins, and the origins of what they've "stolen."

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next year or two as LE is reaching critical mass with the misinformation, revisionist history, lawsuits, zealous recruitment, et al. This is something they're going to ignore as long as the CoS did or longer if they can.

Sit back and watch the fireworks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Odd observances...Correlation?
Date: October 31, 2007 10:23AM

Vic-Luc
yutolia
ON2 LF
maybe there's an LGAT war going on that we haven't heard about

I have been wondering this very thing lately.

I did mention this earlier on this site as the CoS has been actively been trying to recruit people on the streets and subways of NY, based on information provided to me from a NY resident...this seems to coincide with Landmark's goal of "global transformation" by the year 2020.

I may have been prescient in that observation.

From this thread about this board being in favor of LGATS

Interesting. And there's new news: Bogus Scientology pamphlets irk Dallas mayor - Booklets with Scientology writings have false endorsement

This follows my initial observations and predictions. I study meta-trends.

Please discuss!

Posted by: yutolia ()
Date: November 01, 2007 03:30AM

Oh yeah! I have one of those stupid pamphlets! I found it in a box of some of my grandmother's old junk after she moved into my parents' house. I read it, at first not knowing that it was CoS garbage. Almost all of the stuff in it was very, very obvious - it said stuff like: "It's a bad idea to kill family members. This won't lead you to happiness." Oh, wow! You don't say!

As stupid as it was, though, it was definitely an "entertaining" read.

~Y

Date: November 01, 2007 08:27AM

Then I ran across this sometine this evening : Some Christian pastors embrace Scientology... and hey! (Rick's in there, btw)

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: November 01, 2007 05:25PM

all very interesting, I saw yesterday a documentation about the early history on Christianity. SInce I was raised as European/Catholic Christian, it was very interesting for me to see that there were several religious movements and that the particular movement (Christian faith) survived and became so successful. But it fighted against the other wide-spread religions and incorporated some components (believe in the Grand Mother/Isis cult from Egypt, and virgin birth).
Obviously, man needs something, and very interesting to see in the context of the "new movements" (LGATs), where people are falling for.
I would be interested to know what you think and what you believe in.
Currently, I only believe in science and sound critical thinking, and love and good personal relationships, of course.

Date: November 01, 2007 07:22PM

MartinH:

I believe in science, which requires critical thinking.

Date: November 02, 2007 06:57AM

And Martin, besides a higher power I will never understand, nor will I use as a rationale for my behavior...that's it.

Science runs the show, though.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: November 02, 2007 11:11PM

Since my Landmark experience I avoid organized religious activity. Didn't have much use for it before, now I sure as heck don't. Not that Landmark was religious, I just don't like being in a group of people with a charismatic leader. For now I choose to practice my religious beliefs by myself. I believe that good and evil exists. I also believe in a higher power.

Other than that I operate on logic, science, gut instinct, and a now functioning BS detector. I have also seen and experienced things I can't explain logically or with science, but I don't dwell on them.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: November 03, 2007 05:05PM

noteworthy, isn't it? I too don't trust any "happy" organization, even if I think that this is at least a good outcome from my Landmark experience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.