LEC --> L.E.T. Life Empowerment Training?
Posted by: Buzz ()
Date: March 26, 2004 08:49AM

A relative of mine in the Monterey Bay Area (California) recently attended something called L.E.T or Life Empowerment Training. Has anyone heard of this?

I was in town while she attended it over the weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sun)and the structure and some of the jargon she used to talk about it sound remarkably similar to Landmark. Is this a new guise that the Forum is taking, or some spinoff?

I have not been able to find any information on the web about L.E.T., which kind of gives me the creeps. Any leads would be appreciated.

Buzz

Options: ReplyQuote
LEC --> L.E.T. Life Empowerment Training?
Posted by: Buzz ()
Date: March 27, 2004 05:36AM

I emailed my relative some info about LGATs and the Forum, and she said that she was aware that the training she had attended was somehow related to est and the Forum but that the guy who ran this program "had put his own twist on it." (Like it's not twisted enough already?) She thanked me for my concern and said she would get out if she felt uncomfortable, but she didn't think it was like a cult.

I'm not sure what approach to take here. I'm afraid if I try to convince her that LGATs can be harmful, it will galvanize her convictions more. On the other hand, she has joined and then dropped a lot of things in the past (including NSA and Amway) and they have run their course fairly quickly.

I'd still be interested to know if anyone has heard of L.E.T. or knows who is behind it.

Thanks,
Buzz

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.