Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Large Group Awareness Training in popular culture
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 13, 2007 06:03AM

FYI:

[lgattruth.blogspot.com]

What is your favorite instance/parody of Large Group Awareness Training in fiction or popular culture and why ?

Can you think of other funny examples that are not on this list ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: September 13, 2007 06:27AM

The sad truth is that it may have gotten embedded deep in some elements of Washington and Neo-Conservative culture... many have noted strage and telling simiarities between Donald Rumsfeld's utterifications and Wernerspeak... a downrtight scary parallel... especially with his grossly unrealistic conviction that we would "transform" the Middle East.... oh but how, Mr. Secretary of War ? Well, maggot, by "declaring transformation!"...... even the First Poobah Himself had a weirdly obdurate concept that he must always show "perfect conviction" in the rightness of his actions and thoughts, as if any self doubt or mental complexity would bring the whole thing to a grinding halt... I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if GWB has a heavy dose of LGAT "miracle think" working on his personality....

Date: September 13, 2007 06:31AM

ajinajan
FYI:

[lgattruth.blogspot.com]

What is your favorite instance/parody of Large Group Awareness Training in fiction or popular culture and why ?

Yes, but the difference is, in Donald Rumsfeld speak, it is weird to think it has gotten up that far. In all other examples where LGAT has pervaded fiction and popular culture, it is virtually always from a mocking, parody, poking fun standpoint. Or worse yet, in fiction, comparing LGATs to brutal destructive cults.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 13, 2007 07:27AM

ajinajan
ajinajan
FYI:

[lgattruth.blogspot.com]

Yes, but the difference is, in Donald Rumsfeld speak, it is weird to think it has gotten up that far. In all other examples where LGAT has pervaded fiction and popular culture, it is virtually always from a mocking, parody, poking fun standpoint. Or worse yet, in fiction, comparing LGATs to brutal destructive cults.

I have an issue of Howard the Duck that skewers Werner among others. I will post it when I can.

Posted by: MarkusWelch ()
Date: September 15, 2007 01:53PM

nutrino
The sad truth is that it may have gotten embedded deep in some elements of Washington and Neo-Conservative culture... many have noted strage and telling simiarities between Donald Rumsfeld's utterifications and Wernerspeak... a downrtight scary parallel... especially with his grossly unrealistic conviction that we would "transform" the Middle East.... oh but how, Mr. Secretary of War ? Well, maggot, by "declaring transformation!"...... even the First Poobah Himself had a weirdly obdurate concept that he must always show "perfect conviction" in the rightness of his actions and thoughts, as if any self doubt or mental complexity would bring the whole thing to a grinding halt... I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if GWB has a heavy dose of LGAT "miracle think" working on his personality....

I will not ask you to keep your political views separate from your other views.

I am guilty of viewing leftists, perhaps that share your political views or views very similar to yours, as the having the largest representation in the cults, rather than recognized religions. CoS is considered a religion as well but we all know that many liberal folks are involved, and it is not exactly a religion in the same way Christianity is.

We've sparred before over the BS you sometimes post Nutrino. Not all anti-cult members share your political views.

Date: September 15, 2007 05:23PM

MarkusWelch
nutrino

I am guilty of viewing leftists, perhaps that share your political views or views very similar to yours, as the having the largest representation in the cults, rather than recognized religions. CoS is considered a religion as well but we all know that many liberal folks are involved, and it is not exactly a religion in the same way Christianity is.

We've sparred before over the BS you sometimes post Nutrino. Not all anti-cult members share your political views.

What I get from nutrino is a sense that, much like Werner, Rumsfeld and Bush take ZERO responsibility and often use manipulate language to create their own reality which they try to pass of as fact.

I'd go so far as to say revisionist history, like LE/EST/Erhard on the part of our administration.

Werner, Bush, Rumsfeld do what my clients often do:

If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance...
...baffle them with your bullshit.

Posted by: MarkusWelch ()
Date: September 16, 2007 01:47AM

Vic-Luc
MarkusWelch
nutrino

What I get from nutrino is a sense that, much like Werner, Rumsfeld and Bush take ZERO responsibility and often use manipulate language to create their own reality which they try to pass of as fact.

I'd go so far as to say revisionist history, like LE/EST/Erhard on the part of our administration.

Werner is obviously a scam artist.

What responsibility do you want from Bush and Rumsfeld? About WHAT revision are you talking? (This is where you reveal your agenda)

Are you just like Nutrino have difficulty separating your political views from the study of cults?

Maybe it would be wise to consider the hunger project (Erhard's) and all the celebrity morons involved --who just happen to be...what political persuasion do you think?

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: September 16, 2007 04:15AM

Wankus Mulch [/color:98fa554320]![/size:98fa554320] Our house Libertarian and Genius who defends the cause !
Wankus, Wankus, Wankus... what will we do with you ? Too much California fringe politiks does something to the mind.... something disturbing...

Lookie here oh mighty sword of righteousness that thou art.... :arrow: regardless of your Politiks, :arrow: your unresolved issues with authority figures... :arrow: or whatever it might be that makes you the shining example of non-entityness out there in Palo Alto... :arrow: too much staying up late at nite drinking double lattes and debugging code when you should be out chasing girls probably...

Here's the deal.... we ARE in up to our hair follicles in the greatest military
disaster in living memory, and following on this a good chance the greatest political disaster, the greatest economic disaster, I mean, we are EASILY looking at the REALITY of a ONE TRILLION dollar war.... for basically what ? Turning loose a bunch of tribal hatreds in a great wasteland ?

Now the Great Thinker... yes... Wankus Mulch... has been adamant, oh, hasn't he.... that this war would be all cool, wrtapped up and done, if it weren't for the naysayers, and hey, we clammed up for a while.... and Wankus was wrong....the Neo-Cons were wrong... they lied... they flat out lied... they didn't have their facts straight... and getting their story stringt is like nailing jello to a wall...

Sooo... Great Wanko... you see... well, probably you DON'T see, one CANNOT seperate the Politiks of the Neo-Cons from the METHODS of the neo-cons... and if the METHODS of the neo-cons derive directly or indirectly or both directly and indirectly from the METHODS of the LGATS[/color:98fa554320][/size:98fa554320], then one leads unto the other, and the errors of the Neo-Cons, which are now beyond question (unless you are a complete idiot or totally insane) among the most egregious, grossest malfunctions of government and policy we could imagine, we have an [b:98fa554320]OBLIGATION as CONSCIOUS CITIZENS to discern exactly what this relationship is, to disentagle it, to make a congitive map of HOW LGAT thinking corrupted and polluted the medi, government, and really, the hopes for the future of the next generation of American citizens[/color:98fa554320]...[/b:98fa554320]
And when you think about it (and I do mean THINK, instead of reflexively neurotically react like some cranked up brat stuck in a laughable, pathetic, or reality denying time warp...) TRUE CONSERVATIVES will want,more than want, demand and follow through on those demands... that we FULLY understand HOW LGATs impacted political culture, how they insinuated themselves into our belief processes, how they so profoundly disorded our collective logic that we could be, as one article recently put it, hurtling off the edge of a cliff ?

Because, oh Wankus, Wankus, Wankus.... what is the ultimate cost of all this error ? How much damage, how much economic ruin, how many soldiers cut to pieces, how many civilians ground into the dirt, how much violence, terrorism, and chaos unleasehd on the earth because Donald Rumsfeld got it into his head that we could magically "transform" the Middle East.... that we'd be out of there in a year, that the war would be self financing from oil revenues....

And yes.... Donald Rumsfeld spoke and comported himself in glowing LGAT leader fashion.... Charisma Uber Alles[/color:98fa554320][/size:98fa554320]... no "negativity' allowed.... which meant no realism allowed, no feedback allowed, no true assessment allowed, only Yes Persons[/color:98fa554320][/size:98fa554320].... Bush's public appearnces so carefully scripted, (just like the well filtered fandom of the LGAT), no hecklers... no tee shirts with "treasonous" thoughts... nothing that might open a seam in the Great Illusion....

So here we are, at long last, This Is The End, My Beautiful Friend[/color:98fa554320][/size:98fa554320].... and we all know it, we sense it, we feel it.... Petraeus is just buying time, the surge cannot go on... and eventually the Shia and the Sunni and the Turkmen and the Alawites and Al Quaeda and the Wahabis and the children of Saud and the Ayotallahs from Qom and Fatah and everyone esle will be at each other's throats and they will be armed to the the teeth and it will be absolute chaos, or warlordism.... :shock: :shock: :?: :!:

At which point will we be asking ourselves WHY ? and HOW ? and WTF were we thinking [/color:98fa554320][/size:98fa554320]? And will we have the curiosity and imagination and determination to cut through the crap and trace these things back to the source and see what the real causitive impact of Werner Erhard, his philosophies, his attitudes, his worldviews, his operating methods, his obduracies, his megalomaniae, has in SHAPING a generation of persons with decision making authority at the highest levels of government... and then, and only then, we can start to make clear eyed distinctions between true conservatism, by which I mean a conservatism closely tied to the great western intellectual tradition, the great chain of being, close reasoning, a basis in logic and hunger for truth, and Crap Conservatism, which is the cheapo, corner cutting, sound bitey, smash face conservatism of the perpetual adolescent in search of The Absolute, in other words one is based on a vacuous insistence that faith and slogans will do the work of experience, research, and intellectual honesty[/color:98fa554320][/size:98fa554320], and as we are painfully learning, and as True Conservatives have long warned, as they were pushed aside by the impatient Cult Conseravtives, wishful thinking is no substitute for REALISM and INTELLECTUAL MATURITY....

Date: September 16, 2007 04:20AM

MarkusWelch
Vic-Luc
MarkusWelch
nutrino

Werner is obviously a scam artist.

What responsibility do you want from Bush and Rumsfeld? About WHAT revision are you talking? (This is where you reveal your agenda)

Are you just like Nutrino have difficulty separating your political views from the study of cults?

Maybe it would be wise to consider the hunger project (Erhard's) and all the celebrity morons involved --who just happen to be...what political persuasion do you think?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Seriously.
I'd like for Bush and Rumsfeld to take responsibility for throwing our military into a quagmire for an invasion they were planning before Sept 11.

The revision? The whole "we had proof of WMDs," thing they kept claiming...and somehow linking Iraq to Al Quida. There's no connection between the two.

The last part, about the hunger project? I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. You know, you've been here longer...what's the hunger project?

Are you trying to baffle me with [i:4e220d0353]your[/i:4e220d0353] bullshit or something? If you have a point, I haven't the sligtest of what point you're trying to make? Where did celebrities come into this?

Date: September 16, 2007 04:28AM

Okay, okay guys, cool down, let's all get back on topic here.

This is not a message board on politics, but on Large Group Awareness Training and "Human Potential" Seminars ...

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.