Current Page: 5 of 7
letting go of a lekkie: abandonment or necessity?
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: September 17, 2007 07:10AM

ON2 LF
This thought gives me much encouragement and I hope that there will be more people like you reporting their freedom here soon, zorro.

I would like to see other ex-Lekkies on here telling it like it is. I cetainly don't mind telling my side of what I saw. I will not be silenced! Anytime I hear someone talking about Landmark or joining Landmark I'll be in the middle of it.

If a Lekkie wants to have a go at me in a conversation I'm ready.

Hopefully I can convince people not to join Landmark. Saving them from the crap I went through.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 17, 2007 08:27AM

"Zorro
The second and equally Big Flag was that the woman I am dating told me that I wasn't the same man that she had met and that I wasn't thinking for myself. I was like what the hell are you talking about? I didn't like what she was saying at all. This caused me to start thinking about what could have happened. Eventually I tracked it back to when I took the Advanced Course.[/quote

hi Zorro,
I would like to know a little more about this. Specifically when you tracked back to the Advanced Course. I told my friend the same thing, and I think it would be helpful to her if I could talk to her about it. She is starting to see that she has been bamboozled by Landmark/EST, but she is still very much ashamed, conflicted and confused, and is still in denial about been "brainwashed". I am hopeful that she will come 'round soon, but it is still very raw for her, as well as for me as someone who cares very much about her.

Congrats on getting out and "seeing the light"...and in recognizing your own True Light within. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing here. It is tremendously helpful.

regards,
'shad'

Date: September 17, 2007 08:36AM

Vic Luc wrote:
"Vic-Luc "...she shared on many occasions that she'd told a crowd of 50 people intimate details about _my_ life. I never signed a release granting permission.".[/quote

yep, Vic-Luc,
this is interesting. I remember about a month ago I said point blank to my friend: "I do not want you sharing personal information about me with people at Landmark, or at your seminars!"...she went very quiet, and gave me a funny look, and I knew in that instant that she has already disclosed information about me at the Forum, and Advanced Course. She did not say anything for a good long while, and we just sat there, then our conversation continued but nothing more was said about Landmark. I do think however, that me saying it out loud like that gave her something to think about.

'shad'

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 17, 2007 08:39AM

Hopefully I can convince people not to join Landmark. Saving them from the crap I went through.

Prevention is probably the best option when when it comes to keeping people from being deceived into landmark. I was unsuccessful at getting my friend to stop her involvement with landmark, but I know for a fact that I have prevented hundreds of other people from being blindsided by the lekkie salespitches.
No one I know at the moment is unaware of what landmark is or how they suck people into joining the cult. I have lost count of the times I've shown people this site or have given a clear description of what to expect to hear from a lekkie looking for recruits, and how to deflect their advances. My last warning is usually pretty simple; if you want to be grossly violated, manipulated, conned, used, abused, destroyed, and turned into a puppet, go ahead and check out an introduction to the landmark forum.

Date: September 17, 2007 08:58AM

Hi Zorro,
another question: finally I noticed a pattern with my friend in reference to Landmark and the internet. We where just sitting chatting, after she had told me that she had broken up with her boyfriend (he dumped her because he was fed up with the way she had become and he knew it was because of Landmark/EST) ....she was in tears saying: "I feel so stupid, how come you were able to resisit joining and [b/f] was able to resist, but I wasn't? I'm stupid. I was just trying to improve myself, and now look what's happened! - I'm broke, my b/f has broken up with me, and I am no further ahead. I'm stupid"...so I tried to reassure her, telling her that if it had been a different time or place, I too might have fallen for their slick tricks. She was listening to me, then I mentioned something I had read on the internet about Landmark, and !!KERPLUNK!! - it was like a steel door slamming shut...she was gone...back in her little lekkie bubble! so obviously she had been programmed somehow, and now I know that I cannot mention "Landmark/internet/information" all in the same sentence or I lose contact with her...very scary hey?

But anyway, can you shed some light on this?

thanks,
'shad'

Date: September 17, 2007 09:07AM

"ON2 LF
Prevention is probably the best option when when it comes to keeping people from being deceived into landmark. [quote

hi ON2 LF,
YEP, i agree! I too am "spreading the word", telling anyone and everyone I come in contact with about the Landmark/EST nightmare that I have been living for the past three months.

I have a friend whose son just completed his residency and is setting up office as a psychiatrist. I am going to compile a package of information about Landmark/EST to send him and warn him about possible clients who may come in with signs of depression, that in fact they may be LGAT victims and what they are manefesting is PTSD, not simply depression, and to be sure to treat them accordingly.

I am also going to try to affect legislation, to make these groups accountable for what they are doing.

I have one contact with someone who is involved with the Liberal Party here in BC and I am going to make sure she has information about Landmark/EST.

we have to be vocal, and even if I save one person from these Emotional VAMPIRES I will have succeeded in doing some good!

'shad'

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 17, 2007 10:07AM

"The Shadow"
"ON2 LF
Prevention is probably the best option when when it comes to keeping people from being deceived into landmark. [quote

hi ON2 LF,
YEP, i agree! I too am "spreading the word", telling anyone and everyone I come in contact with about the Landmark/EST nightmare that I have been living for the past three months.

I have a friend whose son just completed his residency and is setting up office as a psychiatrist. I am going to compile a package of information about Landmark/EST to send him and warn him about possible clients who may come in with signs of depression, that in fact they may be LGAT victims and what they are manefesting is PTSD, not simply depression, and to be sure to treat them accordingly.

I am also going to try to affect legislation, to make these groups accountable for what they are doing.

I have one contact with someone who is involved with the Liberal Party here in BC and I am going to make sure she has information about Landmark/EST.

we have to be vocal, and even if I save one person from these Emotional VAMPIRES I will have succeeded in doing some good!

'shad'

I would guess that the psychiatrist friend already knows and understands much of what there is to be understood about cults and people who join them. I have attempted to discuss landmark and cults in general to certain psychologists as well, and interestingly, the responses I've received were anything but what I expected. I realized that cults are still deemed a free choice by the more scientific psychological world and the topic does not seem to merit a place of scientific concern. The literature available on cults and the techniques they use to capture people's minds is also largely non-peer-reviewed literature. At least not recognized by the larger psychological community as [i:5f179e4700]peer-reviewed[/i:5f179e4700]. In fact I wrote a paper on cults once, and used resources like Margaret Singer and other articles by experts well known in the cult circles, and I was docked marks for not using peer-reviewed journals etc...although, I was already convinced that my instructor was influenced by some type of LGAT even before I wrote and submitted the paper. The approaches to teaching, mannerisms, and cliches were rather revealing.
Anyway, as far as your contact in the liberal party goes, I hope you get a better response than one where the pros and cons are weighed before taking any action, and if the cons outweigh the pros, then nothing will be done. I don't have much faith in any political party when it comes to something like landmark. Recall that landmark has operated under so many different governments in over thirty five years. If any gov't were to take a good look at what landmark really is and what the implications are to the public whose interests they are to be working for, it would have brought landmark to account by now.
I have found out the hard way that prevention will continue to be the greatest deterrent for the cult. Law makers and politicians don't seem too interested in destructive groups like landmark, which is disappointing.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 17, 2007 10:43AM

A great way to assist people to make informed choices about what kinds of
projects to get involved with--and stay well away from--is to get the public to understand that quality sleep is as important as good nutrition and exercise, and that sleep deprivation can do everything from compromise health to triggering manic episodes in persons who have inherited a genetic vulnerability to bipolar affective disorder.

First, sleep deprivation affects persons with no mental illness the way alcohol does. Now, imagine making important decisions about your core belief system and the rest of your life and relationships when drunk.

Bad idea, right? Now imagine what happens in many LGATs where things are kept so hectic that you cant get your usual hours of sleep and put in all sorts of confusing, confrontational situations.

[austindwi.com]

Now, lets look at bipolar affective disorder. A person may have inherited some genetic loading for the condition and not know it.

A coworker's bipolar husband went manic when he got his first internet connection and stayed up all night.

A person on Craigslist told us that he got his first bipolar manic episode by flying from the US to Australia. The time zone changes zapped his circadian rhythm.

[sleepdoctor.blogspot.com]

Recent research has found that disrupted sleep and sleep complaints are common in patients with affective disorder even between mood episodes. Treatment of disrupted sleep and the maintenance of a regular sleep/wake cycle are important components of the prophylaxis of mood episodes in bipolar disorder.

[serendip.brynmawr.edu]

This person says a thing or two about stress and sleep disturbance in triggering bipolar. Hm....

There are many influences that can affect the disease. Most importantly stress, which can cause an episode, or help the disease progress (7). The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis is the area of the brain that deals with stress. When the body is exposed to certain stresses the HPA releases corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), which causes the secretion of the hormones adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), which causes the release of cotisol (10). Cortisol can increase muscle activity, while CRF decreases appetite, sex, and heightens alertness. The continuous activation of this chain of changes can be a cause of depression, and perhaps also mania due to the chemical changes it causes in the brain.

Sleep and the internal clock also affects bipolar disorder. The body's internal rhythm, the circadian clock, is located in the hypothalamus in the suprachaismatic nucleus (SCN), which in addition to other things regulates melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that is involved in the sleep cycle. Those with bipolar disorders have more difficulty regulating their circadian rhythms, which usually sets itself due to internal and as external conditions (2). The drastic change of rhythms between mania and depression accompanies cycles suggesting a strong link between the two (4). The question is does the abnormality of the circadian rhythm cause the bipolar episode, or does the episode cause the change in rhythm. The former seems to be the more likely because the sensitivity of sleep in patients with bipolar disorder. A change in sleeping habits, such as the loss of sleep or change in sleep schedule can cause a manic episode (7).

One woman mentioned that sleep deficit greatly aggravated her young son's Attention Deficit Disorder

[borntoexplore.org][/quote]

Date: September 17, 2007 10:51AM

The Shadow
Hi Zorro,
another question: finally I noticed a pattern with my friend in reference to Landmark and the internet. We where just sitting chatting, after she had told me that she had broken up with her boyfriend (he dumped her because he was fed up with the way she had become and he knew it was because of Landmark/EST) ....she was in tears saying: "I feel so stupid, how come you were able to resisit joining and [b/f] was able to resist, but I wasn't? I'm stupid. I was just trying to improve myself, and now look what's happened! - I'm broke, my b/f has broken up with me, and I am no further ahead. I'm stupid"...so I tried to reassure her, telling her that if it had been a different time or place, I too might have fallen for their slick tricks. She was listening to me, then I mentioned something I had read on the internet about Landmark, and !!KERPLUNK!! - it was like a steel door slamming shut...she was gone...back in her little lekkie bubble! so obviously she had been programmed somehow, and now I know that I cannot mention "Landmark/internet/information" all in the same sentence or I lose contact with her...very scary hey?

But anyway, can you shed some light on this?

thanks,
'shad'

Shad,

Wow a little deja vu here for me. Your friend got involved the same way I did, I was trying to improve myself as well.....anyway back to your friend.

Your friend is seeing the light. Sounds like she has realized that she has been had by Landmark. She is also probably ashamed about what has happened and wants to deny that she has been taken. I had a similar reaction.

When she started talking with Landmark jargon did she say she was going back to Landmark? Hopefully not. One thing to take into account at this point is that for her speaking in Landmark jargon is natural at this point. That is how she relates. Just be patient with her. I spoke with Landmark jargon myself. But I realized it and made a concious effort to not talk in that way. I've found myself wanting to use Landmark jargon here, but realize not everyone will understand it.

Use your gut feelings when talking with your friend. Go with the flow. Let her talk the way she wants to. Atleast it sounds like she may have left Landmark. Does she have any non Landmark friend? If so she needs to communicate with them ASAP. She is going to need a support system. She is going through a lot: She's broke, she's lost her boyfriend, and she has been hoodwinked.

Date: September 17, 2007 10:55AM

ajinajan

Zorro,
Thank you so much for posting this. We all really appreciate your information and your candor.
Here is the specific investigation out of the Texas Federal Department of Labor Office:
[www.culteducation.com]
And here is the specific contact information for the Texas branches of the United States Federal Department of Labor :
[www.dol.gov]

Texas

Dallas District Office
US Dept. of Labor
ESA Wage & Hour Division
The Offices @ Brookhollow
1701 E. Lamar Blvd., Suite 270, Box 22
Arlington, TX 76006-7303
Phone:
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)
Curtis L. Poer
District Director

Houston District Office
US Dept. of Labor
ESA Wage & Hour Division
8701 S.Gessner Drive, Suite 1164
Houston, TX 77074-2944
Phone:
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)
Martin Barrow
District Director

San Antonio District Office
US Dept. of Labor
ESA Wage & Hour Division
Northchase 1 Office Building
10127 Morocco, Suite 140
San Antonio, TX 78216
Phone:
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)
Nicasio Flores
District Director
To reiterate, if you decide to lodge a complaint, you can contact them by phone or by mail, and they will keep your identity confidential during the process. You may be entitled to backwages for any time you spent volunteering arranging chairs and making nametags and pens straight on the table. You may also be entitled to reimbursement for any and all attorney's costs during that time.
If you decide to get in touch with the Texas branch of the United States Federal Department of Labor, please do keep us posted.
Yours,
ajinajan

Thanks for the info Ajinajan, very helpful.

Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.