Current Page: 2 of 5
Sometimes Landmark grads are funny
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: September 07, 2007 02:06AM

ezdoesit
The best advertisements against Landmark are Landmarkers themselves.

EZ

LOL, I think the same thing every time I drive by a billboard put up by Impact in Salt Lake City. You see a psycho smiling face with the slogan, "What if [i:757283025b]EVERYTHING[/i:757283025b] were possible?" Or a bunch of cartoon characters holding hands in a circle with the caption, "[i:757283025b]Remember[/i:757283025b]?"

GOD AWFUL. I honestly feel if you are dumb or crazy enough to look at one of those billboards and use that as your sole motivation for doing the trainings, you deserve everything you get. :roll:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elena ()
Date: September 07, 2007 02:30AM

exImpact

GOD AWFUL. I honestly feel if you are dumb or crazy enough to look at one of those billboards and use that as your sole motivation for doing the trainings, you deserve everything you get. :roll:

Are they running that "Truth Restored" campaign in Utah? We get commercials where I live with a lot of confused, wistful people pondering "eternal marriage" (Yikes!), life after death, and the meaning of it all.

Ellen

Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: September 07, 2007 03:03AM

Okay, leaving aside the crazy I AM business of Inquest, there is the dyad process on quest, which is based on Berne's Transactional Analysis intimacy experiment and works precisely like this:

[b:33d7702a7f]The Intimacy Experiment. [/b:33d7702a7f]

In the early 1960s Eric Berne conducted a social experiment with members of his Tuesday evening seminar. This so-called Intimacy Experiment was designed to find out what would happen between two people when all other modes of social interaction (games, pastimes, rituals) were forbidden. This is how he describes the experiment in an article written for his Transactional Analysis Bulletin.

The two subjects sit facing one another with their faces less than twenty inches apart, taking twenty inches as the near point for visual acuity, and stare into one another's eyes for up to twenty minutes. After about fifteen minutes if the experiment is properly performed some of the subjects would begin to experience phenomena similar to those induced in susceptible people by prolonged sensory isolation or by LSD 25 or similar drugs. He was convinced that these effects were the production of archaic phenomena. He concluded that the conditions of the experiment tended to diminish Parent influence and Adult data processing thus partly exposing the unadapted expressive Child buried since nursing days. The purpose of sitting within the near point of vision is that this is the way an infant sees his mother. Hence people find them selves in a situation such as they have not experienced since early infancy.
In a lecture at San Jose State 1965 Berne warned against using the experiment indiscriminately since the long term effects were not known; the experiment should be restricted to married couples only!

Only difference on quest is it doesn't last 15 minutes, it lasts from 1 minute to two hours, depending on how long it takes to get the right answer to a set of questions that are asked and answered at the same time.

[www.skepticreport.com]

Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: September 07, 2007 03:06AM

:oops:

Posted this on wrong thread, sorry....

Posted by: Somnambulance ()
Date: September 07, 2007 11:34AM

[www.thisisswindon.co.uk]

Well this landmark grad certainly has a sense of humour.

(Or a complete failure to grasp reality)

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: September 07, 2007 04:25PM

Grabbed copies (just in case) of the two real estate guy vids. Let me know if they 'disappear'.

Anyone got the "negativity" videos?

John

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 07, 2007 07:02PM

John Fox
Grabbed copies (just in case) of the two real estate guy vids. Let me know if they 'disappear'.

Anyone got the "negativity" videos?

John

Yes.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: September 07, 2007 10:33PM

Good stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if the Landmark-bots get an ear-bashing from 'high command' when they do something goofy like this ... and the video then disappears.

The least we can do is to make the video available again elsewhere. :twisted:

John

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: September 09, 2007 09:14AM

Graham Smedley seems to be yet another casualty of fantastic thinking courtesy of Landmark. The link [www.all-we-are-saying.co.uk] is a good example of someone devoid of substance and reason. Yeah, nothing wrong with 'giving peace a chance' but it has that icky evangelical tone with statements like, "Will this bring about world peace? We don't know, all we are saying is give peace a chance."

Give me a break! World peace? I'm all for it, but not by waving my hands and chanting pop songs. Why is it that Lekkies seem to be so focused on this issue of world peace when, in reality, all they cause is grief, seperation and madness?

Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: September 09, 2007 09:28AM

Jack Oskar Larm

Give me a break! World peace? I'm all for it, but not by waving my hands and chanting pop songs. Why is it that Lekkies seem to be so focused on this issue of world peace when, in reality, all they cause is grief, seperation and madness?

Because if they put "grief, separation and madness," on the banner, no one would sign up.

They just roll up these make-nice-sounding campaigns to cover the real agendae. Also, they look good for the proselytizers out in the field. Who wouldn't be interested in ending ~World Hunger?~

I think most religions do this sort of thing, whether their hearts are in the right place or they're just doing it for PR purposes. The first con artist to hide behind the legitimate must have followed Adam and Eve out of the garden.

EZ

Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.