Friend doing Advance Course at Landmark
Posted by: tunno ()
Date: March 21, 2004 10:18PM

A very good friend of mine at work is in the middle of doing the LEC Advance course this weekend.

He has so far called me twice to tell me how great it is and how he is looking forward to sharing what he has learned with me.

Some background info. A few weeks ago he invited me to attend the Forum introductory night. I went along, with an open mind, but with some reservations. I had never heard of Landmark before. The three hour intro was quite soemthing very powerful and I almost signed up that night. I only didn't because I did not have the money. My firend offered to pay for me. I declined. I did tell him however that I would do the forum when I got the moeny together.

Subsequently my sceptical miond kicked in a few days later and I realised that niothing can be that good. So I researched the internet and found this site and many others. So I ahve come to a decision NOT to do the Forum under any circumstances.

So my question is this. How do I tell my friend that I am not interested in LEC and that I am not doing the Forum, without losing him as a friend? Is this possible?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 22, 2004 10:11AM

gc4062

Thanks for the reply. Good advice. I was thinking of using this tactic. I just hope he is prepared to respect my wishes!

Thanks again.

Posted by: Guy ()
Date: April 04, 2004 12:12AM

Tunno,

you could tell him that "it's what he doesn't know he doesn't know about Landmark, that will cause him mental harm".

Personally, I'd risk losing him as a friend to tell him the truth about Landmark and the processes used by them to generate recruits.

Guy

Posted by: liz ()
Date: April 05, 2004 10:18AM

in my case it was useless
my husbands daughter wasso pushy (33 emails in one month)
and when I continued to say NO NO NO she ended up
not speaking to me
She was able to use her vomit enducing jargon to recruit and enroll her father(my husband) He quit after 2 months
when he became tired of working as a commission free
salesmen putting big bucks in someone elses pocket
And because he left she doesnt speak to him
If you dont enroll in their group they find you bad
If this is the path your friend wants to take ( someone here
put it so well- a cold hollow trap designed to take
money from the weak minded ) Id wish him well.
and be greatful that he is your friend friend and not your spouse.

Remeber these groups are dangerous
Hopefully your friend will come back to real life the way my husband did
liz

Date: April 22, 2004 12:47AM

Back with an update what transpired since my friend returned from the Advanced Course.

That Monday morning when he returned to work there was a very strange vibe about him. The most he would say was that what he had experienced was extremely powerful.

For the first few days I noticed that his concentration was a lot less than before the course. He seemed to be away, deep in thought. His comprehension skills seemed to be way down, so for work related tasks and questions I would have to repeat what I asked or said, or rephrase what I said so that he could understand.

His attitude towards his work also changed. He has become more frustrated with communicating with immediate boss. One instance was where he was trying to get his point across to his boss and his boss would not listen to what he was saying. He felt that he "was being authentic" in what he wanted to achieve. When he explained this to me, I picked up a lot of landmark influence in what he said. I told him that maybe it is him that should change how he communicates and not for his boss to change his way. He was somewhat receptive to this.

So I have noticed the use of some Landmarkian jargon in day to day use.

As the weeks have gone he appears to be getting back to his old self although this will take time.

I am very relieved that he has not asked me again about doing the forum, and I have not brought up the subject. I am surprised he hasn't.

I will keep you posted on any further developments.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 22, 2004 02:50AM

Tunno, while you monitor how your friend is doing, reading this material may help you identify what he’s going through.

1) ‘Post Landmark Concentration Syndrome’

[forum.culteducation.com]

2)

If you go to page 5 of this thread, look for posts by ‘nycupperes’.

[forum.culteducation.com]

'nycupperes' did a content analysis of personals ads from Landmark graduates and non-Landmarkians. 'nycupperes' reported some very intriguing stuff.

Posted by: Alexis ()
Date: June 02, 2004 05:12AM

Having attended the advanced course and their leadership program, I would like to add what their understanding of "No" is. If you say anything other than "No" to them, they think it really means "Yes". :shock: I kid you not. Reminds you of a rapist? Maybe, just Maybe. "No, thanks" is not wise to say either. The "thanks" implies to them that you appreciate them asking. Whatthef***? is what I think to that!! :x Always respond with "No." A plain, non-emotional "No." If they ask why, then say, "Because I said 'No'." The higher ups in the organization have been trained to understand this as a 'genuine' and 'authentic' "No." (Genuine and authentic --- yah, right ... like they know what they hell that really is .... arrogant bas**** ... oh wait, I was answering to your post :wink: )

Another point to remember ... I mean burn this in your mind .... they have been trained to think that just because you say "No" now, doesn't mean that you will say "No" in the future. That is why they constantly ask. Just keep repeating "No" or "Because I said 'No'." They are trained to get you to talk about why you don't want to go. Once they "dissolve" all your reasons for why, then to them there is only "yes" left. That is why it is sooooooooooo important to only say "No".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.