Current Page: 5 of 10
A dictionary of LEC jargon and thought-stopping cliches?
Posted by: warytraveller2 ()
Date: May 20, 2004 01:56PM

I don't know. Is this a rhetorical question?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 20, 2004 02:22PM

I have a question for the group. After lurking anonymously for a couple of weeks I've decided to join the fray.

I've noticed a lot of dire warnings about everything from Scientology, TM, Landmark, etc.....

I've also seen posts where someone has agreed with some of the warnings but also mentioned they got value from the "cult" of their choice.

They are then branded cult apologist or called other names.

Who in this forum has done something or belonged to something that has been of benefit to them?

i.e Church, volunteer org., 12 step program etc.

A lists of good organizations that are "clean"?

Just curious.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 20, 2004 07:29PM

<<Who in this forum has done something or belonged to something that has been of benefit to them?

i.e Church, volunteer org., 12 step program etc.

A lists of good organizations that are "clean"?

Just curious.>>>>

Oh please,

Go back to lurking.

No, go back to the beginning and educate yourself before you try this kind of ploy. If you are sincere, you are woefully uninformed and just regurgitating the defensive argument fed to you by the corporation or minions of the group. If you are disingenuous, this is too lame for us.

Lots of organisations are "clean," but you need some critical judgment to sort them out, which is the very faculty Landmark and groups like Landmark seek to and are dismayingly successful in disabling. You used the phrase "Got value" which is an indication that they have already made inroads.

Ellen

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: May 20, 2004 11:33PM

warytraveller2
I don't know. Is this a rhetorical question?

No. I thought I might learn something.

Date: May 20, 2004 11:56PM

Thanks for the reply, Elena. I'll take that as a no to my question.

As for the phrase "got value" that you said was some kind of a catch phrase.... Well I do a lot of stock trading, so I think in those terms.

If you want to see the phrase used in context about money click here:

[www.smartmoney.com]

I appreciate your response.

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: May 21, 2004 01:18AM

-The Cub Scouts
-my Union Association
(well, actually, they're not clean...and they do force me to give them money in many different ways, and they do control my life and are authoritarian...wait a minute...)

Seriously, there are TONS of decent, harmless, helpful orgs out there, but no one talks about them, as no one is having their lives ruined by them. Also, look at the name of this forum.

Coz

Posted by: kittypaw ()
Date: May 21, 2004 03:11AM

Acid Reindeer
A reference in the other thread piqued my interest.

Who could list the "four distinctions" LEC makes and the "three hooks" that people have?

Don't keep me in suspense! I don't want to have to enroll in the Intro Forum to find out!

--valerie

Posted by: kittypaw ()
Date: May 21, 2004 03:23AM

gc4062
Valerie,

There is no substance in that discussion. It is all jargonistic nonsense used to break down mental barriers that opens you up to programming.

To quote another author, there is no cheese at the end of that tunnel.

Darn! (But thanks for telling me.) --Valerie

Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 21, 2004 03:54AM

>>Thanks for the reply, Elena. I'll take that as a no to my question.>>>

There's no "No" in my response.

>>As for the phrase "got value" that you said was some kind of a catch phrase.... Well I do a lot of stock trading, so I think in those terms.>>>

So does Landmark. And a lot of other "terms." Special meaning-laden*
terms that crop up consistently and ad nauseum from newly minted Landmark "grads" and long-term Landmark acolytes. They serve to dumb-down thinking, to handicap followers and serve Landmark. In the fields of mind control or thought reform they are referred to as "thought-stopping cliches."

>>If you want to see the phrase used in context about money click here:

[www.smartmoney.com]

I appreciate your response.>>>

Thanks for the helpful hints. I've done a little bond-trading myself. It wasn't only your use of this phrase. It was the Landmarky logic leap you presented.

Now really........did you come here to talk about the Boy Scouts, 12 Step, or "church" volunteer groups?

Ellen

**Though only in a Landmark "context." Outside Landmark they have little meaning or value. Actually, the meaning is contrived and distorted to fit the Landmark agenda and not society, culture, or people in general.

Date: May 22, 2004 01:58PM

Cosmophilosopher's reply to my question:

"-The Cub Scouts
-my Union Association
(well, actually, they're not clean...and they do force me to give them money in many different ways, and they do control my life and are authoritarian...wait a minute...)"

Thanks for having a sense of humor! And unions have done great things for the workers of america . But there have been problems.

To read more about last year’s teachers union scandal click here:

[www.cnsnews.com]

Hey, I was in the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts ages ago. Great experience. Hanging around a bunch of guys in the woods, in a circle around a campfire, chanting oaths about honor and duty. Hey, come to think of it it sounds a lot like that Sterling cult. And it is very militaristic. Uniforms, badges, cute little kerchiefs…..

And of course there have been issues about their policy on having gay and atheist members. To learn more click here:

[www.s-t.com]

[deadlysins.com]

And for a rousing defense of their policies on athiests and gays, click here:

[www.frontpagemag.com]

Of course I’m just having a little fun here. I will answer my own question on my experience with the world’s biggest cult, the Catholic Church, in my next post.
Over 1 billion strong and growing.

To answer Ellen, I’ve never done nor have I been associated with Landmark. All Landmarkian sounding utterances are purely accidental or coincidental.

Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.