LEC grads: taboo to mention the Forum?
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: March 19, 2004 11:56PM

I had an e-mail exchange with another one of my relatives who said that he had participated in est from 1975 to '95 and in the last couple of years has gotten involved with LEC.

trying to impress him or something I mentioned that est had changed its name to the Forum. he knows me well enough to know that I would not have an open attitude to the Forum or to LEC.

he said (trying to get his exact words), "you may think that, but it isn't true."

why would he deny it?

according to [i:0d757f96f1]Outrageous Betrayal[/i:0d757f96f1] the Forum began in 1985 .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: March 20, 2004 02:31AM

My Landmark leader answered a participant's question about est's relation to the forum by not answering the question at all - lots of smoke and mirrors. What I have noticed with former est grads is an arrogance about them, that they went through est, which they feel is so much better because it's more in-your-face. Some have said the Forum is for pussies. There was so much scandal with Werner that for marketing purposes, LEC needed to put some distance between est and the Forum. However, you know and I know that it's the same crap, different day.

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: March 20, 2004 07:06AM

that word "wienies" that, you used my relative also has used a lot.

as to whether or not he believed it, he couldn't have, he would have seen and maybe taken part in the changeover himself. not a dumb man, either, he must have known and I think he does know.

intellectually I know groups ask you to lie and I know that members often do and yet still have trouble accepting that he lied to me.

such a minor point. such a major act, changing the around. maybe not so much. I know that he has withdrawn information from me before in ways unrelated to the Forum. feels good to know that he lied in a way. less confusing to me.

Posted by: Marcos ()
Date: March 26, 2004 06:32AM

There is a full notebook of canned responses given to Harmony/Impact graduates upon their third class. All of them artfully written to avoid any direct confrontations with the truth, and to be as persuasive as possible.

I don't have the notebook, but it's possible I could get it. Would make an interesting read on here I bet.

Posted by: kittypaw ()
Date: March 26, 2004 12:04PM

Hm...maybe someone has it on Ebay?
A disgruntled former Harmoniac?

-val

Marcos
There is a full notebook of canned responses given to Harmony/Impact graduates upon their third class. All of them artfully written to avoid any direct confrontations with the truth, and to be as persuasive as possible.

I don't have the notebook, but it's possible I could get it. Would make an interesting read on here I bet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.