Current Page: 2 of 3
"Career Opportunities" at Landmark Education
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 14, 2007 08:17PM

The Shadow
quote] Filling my assisting teams were a hard part of the role, it was really about manipulating people to give up their time to help me in my job simply because the role was too big for one person to do alone.

Landmark makes money because they keep the number of paid staff to a minimum. If they were to pay people to do the work assistants they would probably close down simply because of the losses they would make.

yep, sonnie_dee, that says it all, eh? "[b:7da3fd339d]manipulating people [/b:7da3fd339d]to GIVE UP THEIR TIME! - nice...If they paid people they would be like every other company that has to conduct business in an ethical manner. They would not be paying Werner Erhard 50% of the profits (before tax) every quarter!...So he sits on the beach in the Cayman Islands, living the life of O'Riley, while his little slaves work away for no pay....very good scam!

Pity you can't find better use of your time and talents.

'shad'[/quote]

Luke, Luke...I am your father.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 15, 2007 01:24AM

sonnie-dee,
Shareholder, eh? well that explains why you are defending them!!!

An investigative reporter provided the information about the 50%, and given the fact that even to this day the "leaders" lie about the EST connection, it is not surprising that you would not have known about it. It is also not the first time that a Board of Directors have not disclosed all pertinent information to shareholders. The fact that the shareholders don't know about the Werner Erchard assocation speaks volumns about the lack of integrity about the entire Landmark/EST organization.

Enuf said!

Date: September 15, 2007 01:26AM

sonnie_dee,

"sonnie_dee"

Just to clarify I am no longer involved with landmark at all and I have a lot of better things to use my time and talents on...

ah huh, so why are you wasting your time here defending Landmark?

'shad'

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 15, 2007 01:57AM

ah huh, so why are you wasting your time here defending Landmark?

'shad'

shadow,
if you read ALL of sonnie_dee's posts carefully, you will find that sonnie_dee does NOT defend landmark at all, in fact sonnie_dee contributes alot of great information and advice to anyone directly or indirectly affected by landmark.
Perhaps you interpret sonnie's posts as defending landmark because sonnie clarifies misconceptions or misinformation about it, this clarification is not to be misunderstood as defending landmark.

Date: September 15, 2007 04:10AM

Hi ON2 LF;
Right...thanks for the clarification.. i am not sure where I got the idea she was pro-Landmark, maybe I was just tired and confused what she was saying with "quotes"...anyway, I have just spent some time reading some of her numerous back-comments...

so my apologies to sonnie_dee, now that I think about it, I think I might have been confusing her with someone on a different thread who has a similar 'name'...

I guess I have a problem with people when they say that Landmark taught them something, feeling that they would have learned it anyway, without participating in Landmark/EST, and without having to "hit rock bottom" or spend to much money...ususally, when people are working on themselves they come to their own truth, without someone having to do it for them.

'shad'

Date: September 15, 2007 08:09AM

I guess I have a problem with people when they say that Landmark taught them something, feeling that they would have learned it anyway, without participating in Landmark/EST, and without having to "hit rock bottom" or spend to much money...ususally, when people are working on themselves they come to their own truth, without someone having to do it for them.

everyone learns in a different way from whatever source. Some people learn that drugs are dangerous by overdosing and surviving. They walk away feeling like they learned something good from the experience. Maybe the people who learn from landmark learned in a similar way. I learned something good from landmark too, NEVER EVER let your guard down in the presence of a conniving snakeoil salesman/woman and never ever think that certain people from certain walks of life and professions are immune to the deception that characterizes all that landmark is about.

Date: September 15, 2007 09:06AM

Hi ON2 LF,

pretty darn expensive lesson, eh?

regards,
'shad'

Date: September 15, 2007 09:28AM

The Shadow
Hi ON2 LF,

pretty darn expensive lesson, eh?

regards,
'shad'

Expensive in alot of ways. There is so much more to be lost in landmarkia than money, however. If one were to measure out all the ways that one can lose through involvement with landmark, then landmark owes restitution it would never repay anyway. I can't imagine the losses to be absorbed by those who have lost family or their own lives due to involvement with landmark.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: September 15, 2007 04:27PM

Hi shadow,

I have constantly said that I was anti landmark. I feel the way they manipulate people is completely unethical, I feel that they way they run their business is very wrong and they way they treat their staff who are not forum leaders is disgraceful.

I am an ex staff member and therefore after working for more than a year and achieving relatively good results (according to landmark stats) was eligable to receive shares in the company. This also means that I received the finanical statements and end of year reports etc to read.

I trust in the future you will perhaps read things fully before jumping to conclusions that I was defending landmark. I have never done that however if someone says something that I don't believe to be accurate I will challenge it.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: September 15, 2007 04:39PM

sonnie_dee
Hi shadow,

I have constantly said that I was anti landmark. I feel the way they manipulate people is completely unethical, I feel that they way they run their business is very wrong and they way they treat their staff who are not forum leaders is disgraceful.

Hi sonnie_dee,

actually, I was thinking while reading your replies that I appreciate your style very much. If something is said that is wrong you clarify it. I sometimes exaggerate things if I am annoyed about something. But it is great to stick to the facts. Not just complaining about Landmark, but tell the truth.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.