Current Page: 2 of 3
OK How long does this Landmark stuff go on for??
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 07, 2007 01:46AM

In France...it ended with discovery and press and awareness. The press was "bad" for LE so they hauled ass.

Generally, when the press, people, etc. begin to report things in increasingly negative numbers and enrollment drops or flattens...there will be a gestation peroid followed by a name change and a "transformation," in that the origins now mean nothing, and the technology is "different."
This will probably not be the case in the information age we have now, but don't hold your breath.

OR...when a member runs out of money. But this has not been a deterrent as you can "assist" and eventually "earn a scholarship" for more courses.

But in your original question...No, there is no end, per se. Look at how many offshoots of Mind Dynamics exist or have existed, all coming from the "real" source, Scientology.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 07, 2007 02:47AM

Vic-Luc
In France...it ended with discovery and press and awareness. The press was "bad" for LE so they hauled ass.

Generally, when the press, people, etc. begin to report things in increasingly negative numbers and enrollment drops or flattens...there will be a gestation peroid followed by a name change and a "transformation," in that the origins now mean nothing, and the technology is "different."
This will probably not be the case in the information age we have now, but don't hold your breath.

OR...when a member runs out of money. But this has not been a deterrent as you can "assist" and eventually "earn a scholarship" for more courses.

But in your original question...No, there is no end, per se. Look at how many offshoots of Mind Dynamics exist or have existed, all coming from the "real" source, Scientology.

Sorry, but that is not the reason Landmark Education pulled out of France.

The French Federal Department of Labor said they could keep operating in the country - they just had to start paying their volunteers, and treating them like employees.

They pulled out of the entire country within weeks.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 07, 2007 04:30AM

The French Federal Department of Labor said they could keep operating in the country - they just had to start paying their volunteers, and treating them like employees.

Just goes to prove how unable landmark is to survive or function in reality with real guidelines. When its reality, landmark can't play.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 07, 2007 05:28AM

ON2 LF

Just goes to prove how unable landmark is to survive or function in reality with real guidelines. When its reality, landmark can't play.

Unless that "reality" includes utilizing unpaid volunteer laborers in an "assisting program", and violating Federal Labor Laws...

Date: September 07, 2007 12:12PM

Unless that "reality" includes utilizing unpaid volunteer laborers in an "assisting program", and violating Federal Labor Laws

that 'reality' is like a fantasy they've been playing out for decades, for real. Hopefully the fantasy will come to an abrupt end when one of their victims chooses to create the possibility of law school and proceeds to become a stand for justice and [i:ff6f1a87dd]gets[/i:ff6f1a87dd] that they need to make landmark wrong and causes landmarkia to become a little more authentic via the legal system.....

now I'm dreaming :shock:

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: September 07, 2007 01:01PM

ON2 LF

Unless that "reality" includes utilizing unpaid volunteer laborers in an "assisting program", and violating Federal Labor Laws

that 'reality' is like a fantasy they've been playing out for decades, for real. Hopefully the fantasy will come to an abrupt end when one of their victims chooses to create the possibility of law school and proceeds to become a stand for justice and [i:76baee9d86]gets[/i:76baee9d86] that they need to make landmark wrong and causes landmarkia to become a little more authentic via the legal system.....

now I'm dreaming :shock:

I like your dream, ON2 :!:

Date: September 07, 2007 01:08PM

I think I like this dream too much...it keeps recurring and recurring, I just keep seeing a dead landmark everywhere, all the time :wink:

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 07, 2007 02:56PM

i agreed to go to my friend's "graduation" from the Advanced Course, still hoping that I could stop her from going to any more, - at that time she was told about this fabulous speaker who was coming to town the following week...dead tired, but still determined to keep her out of the clutches of Landmark/EST (landmark will revert back to werner Echard in 2009) - and because i was feeling really sorry for her (none of her other friends would go)...he was the least offensive of either of the other two Leaders I had seen, but my friend was not at all impressed with him (I guess the build up had just been too much) - but what really frightened me was that he said he was starting on a course that is going to be introduced into THE SCHOOLS!!!! - WOW, a truly CAPTIVE audience!!!!

teachers/parents BEWARE!

'shad'

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 08, 2007 01:21AM

The Shadow
i agreed to go to my friend's "graduation" from the Advanced Course, still hoping that I could stop her from going to any more, - at that time she was told about this fabulous speaker who was coming to town the following week...dead tired, but still determined to keep her out of the clutches of Landmark/EST (landmark will revert back to werner Echard in 2009) - and because i was feeling really sorry for her (none of her other friends would go)...he was the least offensive of either of the other two Leaders I had seen, but my friend was not at all impressed with him (I guess the build up had just been too much) - but what really frightened me was that he said he was starting on a course that is going to be introduced into THE SCHOOLS!!!! - WOW, a truly CAPTIVE audience!!!!

teachers/parents BEWARE!

'shad'

Can you say your friend is done with LE then, or is this just the dormancy stage I have witnessed in people?

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 08, 2007 03:07AM

Hi Vic-Luc

I don't think she is done with it yet...I still believe she could easily slip back...it is early days yet...she still has a last "free" seminar to attend on the 10th of this month, but I am going to do everything in my power to keep her away...I have not yet been able to establish if she has an CDs from them...if she has I want to try and get rid of them.

the update is that she told me last night that her boyfriend wants to end the "on a break" period, shorten it from one month to two weeks, and he thinks they can work things out.

She was in good spirts when I saw her on Wednesday, we talked about everything except Landmark, except for the brief reference to the seminar (I did not tell her that "free" it IS NOT!, HAH !), and she sounded strong and confident on the phone last night....

I was supposed to meet her this morning, but she is not answering her phone ... so who knows what is going on...I just have to wait and see...

but I did find a really good site when I was doing some googling, and it has some helpful tips on how to deal with keeping the lines of communication open.

You may already have access to the site;
[www.csj.org]

regards,
'shad'

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.