Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OK How long does this Landmark stuff go on for??
Posted by: Somnambulance ()
Date: August 31, 2007 02:18PM

Hello, my family member went on their first landmark seminar nearly THREE years ago. Despite thinking this was a phase and would all blow over after one maybe two years, this person was telling me the other day how they are now doing a course which is all about relating to teenagers using the Landmark method...
How much longer is this going to go on for?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: August 31, 2007 07:22PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is no end! landmark keep creating new programmes as well as encouraing people to do long term assisting or leading or reviewing programmes every two years!

The only bit of hope I can give you is that if he/she is into the leadership side of things eventually the way the staff/senior leaders treat people will make her/him realise that its all a crock of sh*t

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: September 01, 2007 12:00PM

as sonnie_dee said, the list of courses he or she can do is quite long:
forum, advanced course and SELP (self expression leadership) ~ 1 year, then he or she might do the ILP 1/2 a year ... one can do plenty of graduate seminars each for about 3 month, then be "coach" herself in the in the SELP and ILP for another 1/2 a year, some people are coaches several times ...
If in the wisdom course (~ 1 year), it might be the end!

if introduction leader, she is trained to recruit others for another 3 years or so or longer... obviously, she is not in the leadership program (ILP), so there might soon be an end ...

I have a friend who is finally fed up with Landmark after 9 years, being introduction leader, but most people participate only one year or so ...

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: September 02, 2007 02:11PM

Landmark has lots of programs that are NOT in their literature or on the website.

There is a wellness division that offers advanced courses costing $5,000.00 or more.

Team management and leadership

The Wisdom course.

and on and on. . . .

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 05, 2007 03:33PM

There is a wellness division that offers advanced courses costing $5,000.00 or more.

Team management and leadership

The Wisdom course.

and on and on. . . .

I'm very curious about how landmark fabricates wisdom?? How do those frauds define [i:5e46232ed3]wisdom[/i:5e46232ed3]? It seems absolutely absurd to even think of landmark and [i:5e46232ed3]wisdom[/i:5e46232ed3] in one sentence.

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: September 05, 2007 08:48PM

For the answer to that, you need to examine one of the core beliefs[/size:8919c31454], said core belief being that words create being which creates reality... so based on this theory, if one "declares" wisdom... I suppose by repeatedly saying "wisdom.....wisdom....wisdom".. then, somehow, as if by magick, "wisdom" will be manifested... that's why they think-believe-intuit-get-flash on-just deep down know-got it straight from Weener himself... that if they keep bugging you... well, you see, YOUR asessment is that they are bugging you, but YOU are an asshole, and being an asshole, you don''t get it... because IF you had gotten it, which you obviously haven't, because your life doesn't work, because you are playing at rackets instead of being authentic and fully realized, you would clearly realize that they weren't bugging you, they were creating possibility... that's a distinction, you see, fucking with your mind/creating possibility.... the proble, you see, is YOU, you refuse to hear that they are creating possibility, you can only hear that they are being annoying idiots... and we feel sorry for you, it's your loss, it is, really... we sincerely mean that... asshole.

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: September 06, 2007 03:07AM

They call it a Wisdom course. I've never done it.

After Wisdom comes the wellness division trainings.

Bottom line: There is no end. The course fees go up and up.

$5,000 to $10,000 is aparently not uncommon.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 06, 2007 09:51AM

nutrino
For the answer to that, you need to examine one of the core beliefs[/size:c59e772f16], said core belief being that words create being which creates reality... so based on this theory, if one "declares" wisdom... I suppose by repeatedly saying "wisdom.....wisdom....wisdom".. then, somehow, as if by magick, "wisdom" will be manifested... that's why they think-believe-intuit-get-flash on-just deep down know-got it straight from Weener himself... that if they keep bugging you... well, you see, YOUR asessment is that they are bugging you, but YOU are an asshole, and being an asshole, you don''t get it... because IF you had gotten it, which you obviously haven't, because your life doesn't work, because you are playing at rackets instead of being authentic and fully realized, you would clearly realize that they weren't bugging you, they were creating possibility... that's a distinction, you see, fucking with your mind/creating possibility.... the proble, you see, is YOU, you refuse to hear that they are creating possibility, you can only hear that they are being annoying idiots... and we feel sorry for you, it's your loss, it is, really... we sincerely mean that... asshole.

oh my! :lol: LOL nutrino! Thanks for the clarification :)

If repetition of words were as fruitful as the lekkies believe, my repetitious declarations of exposure and legal convictions in the upper echelons of landmarkia would have all been manifested by now...in fact landmark would be old news today. The term 'asshole' would once again be freely and commonly understood as referring to individuals like weener and company, and 'getting it' would be an event occurring after having insulted or swindled someone for no good reason. Most of all, 'core beliefs' would be those inner mechanisms/moral templates we're all born with that develop and define clear distinctions between [i:c59e772f16]good[/i:c59e772f16], [i:c59e772f16]bad[/i:c59e772f16], [i:c59e772f16]right[/i:c59e772f16], and [i:c59e772f16]wrong[/i:c59e772f16].
The concept of [i:c59e772f16]conscience[/i:c59e772f16] would be what fuels the places in hearts and minds where core beliefs are made.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: September 06, 2007 12:53PM

ON2 LF
If repetition of words were as fruitful as the lekkies believe, my repetitious declarations of exposure and legal convictions in the upper echelons of landmarkia would have all been manifested by now...

Hey, don't underestimate repetition. The basis for positive (and negative) action/results is through perseverance. I mean, look at what is being achieved right here on this forum. If we didn't stick at it this board wouldn't be as popular. And the results of everyone's efforts is as plain as text. Shame about the spammers, though!

So, keep up the 'wisdom' and don't let the bastards go!!! :lol:

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: September 06, 2007 12:58PM

But to answer Somnambulance's query...well, how long is a piece of string. Landmark is a cult and cults survive on holding onto their flock. Well, it ends when the unsuspecting person walks away or runs out of money.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.