Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Landmark Forum public domain docs on SCRIBD
Posted by: hampton ()
Date: August 29, 2007 12:13AM

I bet if the unpaid laborers / volunteers in the "assissting program" were actually paid employees, they would refuse to be treated as poorly as they are when they are unpaid laborers ...

I know this is off the original topic, but I have to respond. Based on my former heavy involvement with Landmark, I learned that the paid employees are treated just as poorly as the "assistants," although they have to work 10-12 hours a day with no overtime pay. The one exception, of course, are the Forum leaders who are treated like gods. I know that there are former Landmark employees on this forum, perhaps they could respond.

In terms of the assisting program, I noticed that whenever the volunteers would disagree about something, Landmark would turn the tables on them and use their jargon and "technology" to control them into performing the desired action. For example, if a volunteer had to vacuum the floor (although Landmark can easily pay for a professional cleaning crew), and the volunteer complained about it, Landmark would ask, "Who are you being while you are vacuuming the floor? Are you being upset, bitter, and angry, or are you being your possibility? Who are you?" And then the volunteer would have to respond, "Who I am is the possibility of being….." And then the person from Landmark would tell them how they can be their possibility and achieve transformation through vacuuming. Very sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: August 29, 2007 01:01AM

hampton

I bet if the unpaid laborers / volunteers in the "assissting program" were actually paid employees, they would refuse to be treated as poorly as they are when they are unpaid laborers ...

I know this is off the original topic, but I have to respond. Based on my former heavy involvement with Landmark, I learned that the paid employees are treated just as poorly as the "assistants," although they have to work 10-12 hours a day with no overtime pay. The one exception, of course, are the Forum leaders who are treated like gods. I know that there are former Landmark employees on this forum, perhaps they could respond.

In terms of the assisting program, I noticed that whenever the volunteers would disagree about something, Landmark would turn the tables on them and use their jargon and "technology" to control them into performing the desired action. For example, if a volunteer had to vacuum the floor (although Landmark can easily pay for a professional cleaning crew), and the volunteer complained about it, Landmark would ask, "Who are you being while you are vacuuming the floor? Are you being upset, bitter, and angry, or are you being your possibility? Who are you?" And then the volunteer would have to respond, "Who I am is the possibility of being….." And then the person from Landmark would tell them how they can be their possibility and achieve transformation through vacuuming. Very sad.

[www.culteducation.com]
Landmark Education Labor Violations in California
Landmark pays $187,000.00 in back wages to employees

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: August 29, 2007 01:22AM

ajinajan
hampton

[www.culteducation.com]
Landmark Education Labor Violations in California
Landmark pays $187,000.00 in back wages to employees

Hampton, if you saw anything like what you described above going on, including unpaid volunteer laborers, or unpaid overtime hours, etc., you can report it to the United States Federal Department of Labor. This complaint will trigger an investigation by the Federal government, again...

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: September 01, 2007 12:19PM

hampton

this is a very annoying topic, how Landmark exploits and treats volunteers ... I had well-paid position in a highly recognized organization. I came to Landmark office and some idiot told me that I should put posters on the wall for an introduction (I took the ILP for leadership training). While I was doing that, I was told to change it several times, because it should be lower or higher, more left or more right ... I was thinking "fuck you, this is the last time", and never came again

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: September 01, 2007 12:23PM

ajinajan
Hampton, if you saw anything like what you described above going on, including unpaid volunteer laborers, or unpaid overtime hours, etc., you can report it to the United States Federal Department of Labor. This complaint will trigger an investigation by the Federal government, again...

Yes, we should report that something will be done about it ... not just complain, especially the former staff members. It might be difficult to prove that they have "worked" for Landmark for volunteers on assisting programs, but they have ... driving the Forum Leader in their own cars whereever he wants and bring him the food he wants ( a favourit job !)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.