Posted by: crback22 ()
Date: April 01, 2017 11:27AM

That would be awesome!! Keep us posted!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: human awareness institute
Posted by: kdag ()
Date: April 01, 2017 02:25PM

Hurting Angel,

I wish we could up-vote comments. Good for you, if you did.

I don't feel comfortable giving out my location. One thing that I HAVE done is to contact a cross-section of people in different fields. I ask them to keep certain information. Then, if anything happens to me, I will have at least left a trail of bread crumbs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2017 02:44PM by kdag.

Posted by: HurtingAngel ()
Date: April 10, 2017 07:51AM

I: m not sure. why but my last 2 posts did not go through. I was reading through the entire forum and saw the letter from Janet Dale in which she signs herself 'Pure Love.'. Once I called the California office crying, experiencing flashbacks and begging for someone to talk to me. Pure Love hung up the phone on me.

Date: April 10, 2017 12:15PM

HurtingAngel,

"Pure Love," sounds as if she can't handle any "negative" emotions or feedback. From what I saw in my own LGAT experience, I would suppose that this is pretty typical. They seem to just want to sweep everything under the rug and keep it there. Just remember that this is a reflection on them, not on you. They talk plenty about "honest" discussions, but it seems to be the last thing they actually want.

Date: April 10, 2017 09:07PM

Thank you, Kdag, that is the hardest thing for me to remember, especially when they were all ganging up on me and stroking each other. Thank you to everyone who has made supportive comments. They talk love, love, love but they become very scary when you cross them.

Date: April 12, 2017 10:19AM

A few things people can do to help working towards a solution for LGATs. File a complaint with your Stae Attorney General. File a complaint with the FTC through www.consumeraction.gov. Many of these have numbers you can call if your identity is a concern. The more complaints- the closer to action.

Date: April 26, 2017 12:52AM

I am feeling pretty low today. It seems that Jason Weston thinks that I should be over being sexually assaulted by now or, in his words, "resolved it.". Let's all keep in mind that Jason has a bachelor's degree in philosophy and no credentials that would make him a mental health professional. The professionals I have seen have agreed that HAI's reaction hurt me worse than the actual assault. Jason initially kicked me out of the community and left the perpetrator in explaining that he didn't want me to be " triggered. ". He decided to revisit the situation 19 months later upon prompting by an east coast producer. This required me being retraumatized by having to repeat a story I had already told him repeatedly over a year ago. Jason communicated with me via a mediator who is a member of HAI. After the assault Ohio organizers Paul Black and Eve Baird used anything I had ever communicated to the group to discredit me. Confidentiality falls by the wayside if HAI leadership feels threatened. Michigan producer Mo Fritz was particularly vicious in blaming and personally attacking me. After this had festered for two years Jason decided to put Paul, Mo, and Eve through some training to deal with people in trauma. Whatever. I would appreciate some supportive feedback.

Date: April 26, 2017 12:53PM

Are you doing all of this with an attorney present?

Date: April 26, 2017 09:14PM

Its over now, supposedly not allowed to have attornies present during mediation. There were times that the mediator got on Jason's case e.g., for kicking me out and allowing the perpetrator to stay in. However, I question her being a member of HAI. At one point the mediator seemed to be making the point that me being suicidal was less significant because I was suicidal 25 years before. As I said before I want to make a website and tell my story.

Date: April 27, 2017 05:24PM

As you've already pointed out, Jason is not qualified to decide how long it should have taken you to have "resolved it," especially when you consider the fact that his actions in the aftermath aggravated the whole thing. Recovery would take longer for anyone, with that sort of response.

It would benefit HAI to have you forego an attorney. To tell you that you may not have representation, while having their own mediator handle it, sounds more like damage control than an honest attempt to resolve anything.

Did you sign anything saying that you were going to drop it? I think I would consult an attorney, anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2017 05:33PM by kdag.

Current Page: 35 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.