Current Page: 34 of 37
Re: human awareness institute
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 15, 2017 10:27PM

HurtingAngel:

I am very sorry to learn of your situation.

See [cultsinsideout.com]

This book explains the dynamics of destructive cults and controversial LGATs (large group awareness training). You may find it useful in unwinding and sorting through your experience.

Stepping back and giving yourself space may be the best thing now.

See [culteducation.com]

This section within the Cult Education Institute is about recovery and may also be helpful.

See [culteducation.com]

This section within the database has information about coercive persuasion and influence techniques used to manipulate people.

Education is the best way to unwind undue influence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: HurtingAngel ()
Date: March 10, 2017 09:40AM

Everybody please listen. I was sexually assaulted at a HAI event. HAI has responded with cover ups, manipulation, and blaming and devaluing me. I am planning my suicide. Please stay away from HAI, especially women. I don't wish this on anyone.

Posted by: kdag ()
Date: March 10, 2017 04:18PM

HurtingAngel,

Please call a suicide hotline, and follow up with a mental health professional. I agree that LGATS are wretched organizations, and understand how you would feel that way under the circumstances. These people are not worth that. Consider that, if you harm yourself, they will have won. The further you walk away from the situation, and put distance between yourself and them, in both time and space, the less power they will have over you.

Please reconsider, even if you only decide to delay it for one day, then for another day...

Date: March 11, 2017 05:58AM

They treated me as if I were an object of no worth. I was kicked out of the group while the offender was allowed to stay in. They said that was because they didn't want me being triggered by him. Their only concern was for protecting HAI. These same people post on the internet about how loving they are and what a safe space they create. They are hypocrites.

Date: March 11, 2017 08:44AM

HurtingAngel ~

yes, they are hypocrites, and, as you pointed out, it sounds as if they were only interested in covering their own butts.

I have had similar experiences, where the liar, backstabber, or attacker was accepted and I was ostracized. It really does hurt, but there is often nothing to do but to get away from them. They produce an emotionally toxic environment, anyway.

Did you try reporting the assault to the police? I understand, if you did not. Oftentimes, the victim is too distraught to think of that, or is afraid of not being believed, Still, if you stick around, you might be able to provide supporting testimony if someone else comes forward at a later date. Groups like these need to be shut down, IMHO, and it can only happen with witnesses. I am still frustrated over what happened to me, but I think I would get some satisfaction out of seeing those people put away.

Write everything down, as you remember it. Try to include dates, location, who else was there, etc. Then you will have the information at your fingertips, if the opportunity arises.

In the meantime, try to spend your time around people you trust, and DO get help with a therapist who deals with trauma victims. There are a lot of them out there who have helped sexual assault victims make it through the darkest part of their recovery, and I know you can do it.

Peace,
kdag

Posted by: crback22 ()
Date: March 31, 2017 01:47AM

I am currently watching loved ones get sucked into the PSI Seminars through their thought reform programs. Not only are they broke and ok with it, they are completely cutting off ties with old relationships and true reality. I've attended a seminar and guest events and can personally relate with the techniques used. I see so many people with experiences and stories relating to these dangerous programs. I want a solution. Is there anyone else here that wants the same and would like to help make a difference? Discussing it helps but only gets us so far.

Date: March 31, 2017 12:17PM

crback22

I would venture to guess that most of us want a solution. I know that I do. These people are very slippery, and cases can be hard to prove in court, though a few have won lawsuits. Getting them shut down doesn't seem to be so easy, or people would have done it. What would you suggest?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2017 12:23PM by kdag.

Date: March 31, 2017 11:41PM

I have thought of making a website detailing my experience so people are forewarned. Get as much negative publicity out there as possible. When I went to a HAI leader about being sexually assaulted at an event he tried to use Landmark strategies to convince me that it was no big deal. He then went on to attack my character and to cover everything up. Upper leadership is being very slow about resolving this issue. It has been almost 2 years and he is still leading events.

Posted by: crback22 ()
Date: April 01, 2017 04:54AM

Thank you for the replies! This is why I am here- to collaborate. I have ordered Rick Ross' book Cults Inside Out and will dive in as soon as it arrives. In the meantime- I would love to brainstorm and collaborate ideas of how to really spread more awareness of these groups and get involved in anything that fights these LGATs.
Hurting Angel- I am so sorry for what you experienced. I read about it in earlier sections. No one deserves to go through what you did. Let's start collaborating and keep spreading awareness to EVERYONE!! Not just people considering these programs.

Date: April 01, 2017 10:21AM

A loser named Matthew Hellrung, HAI devotee, contacted me on Facebook and accused me of having "effectively shut down the Ohio community for several months.". It seems I was wrong to complain about being sexually assaulted, I was supposed to take one for the team. NOT! This is an example of how sick some of those people are. If I did shut down the community it would be my proudest accomplishment.

Current Page: 34 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.