Has anyone heard of Turning Points Career Navigator?
Posted by: yutolia ()
Date: August 15, 2007 05:46AM

I just got an email from my university saying that we should sign up for something called Turning Points Career Navigator. It is described as a holistic approach that uses coaching, guidance, self-discovery and technology to help you:
- discover more about yourself
- explore the way your advanced education fits into the world of work or academia
- formulate a list of goals
- plan for meeting these objectives
- develop concrete tools for expressing yourself effectively in resumes and academia

It then goes on to give several anonymous testimonials.

Because of my experience dealing with Landmark and reading the information and board posts on this sight, this seems very fishy to me. :?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: August 15, 2007 07:28AM

yutolia
I just got an email from my university saying that we should sign up for something called Turning Points Career Navigator. It is described as a holistic approach that uses coaching, guidance, self-discovery and technology to help you:
- discover more about yourself
- explore the way your advanced education fits into the world of work or academia
- formulate a list of goals
- plan for meeting these objectives
- develop concrete tools for expressing yourself effectively in resumes and academia

It then goes on to give several anonymous testimonials.

Because of my experience dealing with Landmark and reading the information and board posts on this sight, this seems very fishy to me. :?

Sure sounds LGAT-y. They've used the Scientology habit of calling their product "technology."

Looks to me like just another one of these programs who position themselves to take advantage of people "in transition" or some other such state of searching and confusion. They are relatively worthless, in my estimation.

EZ

Date: August 17, 2007 09:16AM

yeah, that's what I thought too.

Can anybody think of a way that I can warn my fellow classmates about this without sounding too, well, paranoid?

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: August 20, 2007 02:09AM

I wish i had an answer for you on how to warn people about these things without sounding paranoid. I still need to figure that out myself.
As for Turning Points, here's some info I found: It was started by a guy names Jack Ballard and his wife Phoebe. They were both influenced by s holistic learning center called the Wainwright House. I don't know much about the Wainwright House, but that could be a starting point to look for more info. It all sounds LGATish to me, too, or perhaps just another rip-off seminar.

Date: August 23, 2007 12:58PM

thanks, army!

~yutolia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.