Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Other experiences
Posted by: Maxui ()
Date: August 13, 2007 09:00PM

It was a cold morning- I arrived at the venue and after handing over my details was quickly ushered inside and made to sit on a hard bench closer to the person next to me then I would have liked.

The music started playing and we all stood up and waited as a man walked down the isle and took up his place on the podium.

He started off on a tirade about how we were all not Awake or Alive and that only by following the set of rules and participating would we gain the key to a better life. I was astounded. How dare this man tell me that my life was worth nothing. Who did he think he was?

I made up my mind then and there not to set foot in that place again. I got up and left.

The very next day I had three phone calls from the church asking me why I left mid sermon and would I like to have someone pray for me? Also they were having a bake sale the following sunday and could I spread the word around?

Now this may or may not have happened

The point is .. doesn't it sound ALOT like the LGAT methods?

to me it does.

Options: ReplyQuote
Other experiences
Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: August 13, 2007 11:43PM

Where do you think they (LGATs) learned them?

EZ

Other experiences
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: August 14, 2007 02:05AM

Con artists are constantly learning from each other.

Other experiences
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 14, 2007 04:17PM

"Maxui"
It was a cold morning- I arrived at the venue and after handing over my details was quickly ushered inside and made to sit on a hard bench closer to the person next to me then I would have liked.

The music started playing and we all stood up and waited as a man walked down the isle and took up his place on the podium.

He started off on a tirade about how we were all not Awake or Alive and that only by following the set of rules and participating would we gain the key to a better life. I was astounded. How dare this man tell me that my life was worth nothing. Who did he think he was?

I made up my mind then and there not to set foot in that place again. I got up and left.

The very next day I had three phone calls from the church asking me why I left mid sermon and would I like to have someone pray for me? Also they were having a bake sale the following sunday and could I spread the word around?

Now this may or may not have happened

The point is .. doesn't it sound ALOT like the LGAT methods?

to me it does.

yes, mauxi, it does sound a lot like the LGAT method, but, did you have to pay $500 for the priveledge?

Other experiences
Date: August 14, 2007 04:23PM

Hi

a valid point - the answer is not upfront but spend a year with a church and see how much they milk you for.

However I don't see the problem for charging - even a lot of money for "training".

I am a computer programmer and to get on a decent 3 or 5 day course to learn a new "technology" that may or may not better my life - in the form of a pay increase or a better job I pay through the nose and sometimes I don't get what I expected.

and just a little addon - the church also asks its congregation to give their time freely and no one on here is trying to sue God.

Other experiences
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: August 14, 2007 04:37PM

Where is the links to what this church believes? Where is the information for an informed decision on this church versus just hearing you give your second hand account of this church.

You may not be giving a fair evaluation of it as you are not giving any links to what it believes, or is doing in our society.

I would prefer to have you give links for me to make an informed decision on my own after reading any and all available information.

Remember to give information for us to read, before you make such attempts at sarcasm as this is obviously in regard to the topic of Genesis Process and using SaneAgains sarcasm as a means to create this fictituous church, and thread.

Nice try.

Other experiences
Date: August 14, 2007 04:48PM

Rswinters
Where is the links to what this church believes? Where is the information for an informed decision on this church versus just hearing you give your second hand account of this church.

You may not be giving a fair evaluation of it as you are not giving any links to what it believes, or is doing in our society.

I would prefer to have you give links for me to make an informed decision on my own after reading any and all available information.

Remember to give information for us to read, before you make such attempts at sarcasm as this is obviously in regard to the topic of Genesis Process and using SaneAgains sarcasm as a means to create this fictituous church, and thread.

Nice try.

erm -- was it not clear to everyone that the story about the church was an illustration?

its not about a particular church its about any church.
You have totally missed the point.

That being the methods used in LGAT are not unique to it and in fact are used widely and by "acceptable cults".

Other experiences
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: August 14, 2007 04:57PM

Rswinters, it was a parody, not a real church. It WAS sarcasm, from Maxui.

Moderator, Rswinters is on a personal crusade against me because I am not a christian. That is religious intolerance. He has flamed me here on the Genesis thread, and has made personal comments about me on the Impact thread.

He has also promoted christianity and christian programs here, on the Genesis thread, on the Klemmer and christianity thread and on approximately ten other threads.

He has provided links to totally irrelevant topics, such as Creationism and a christian addiction rehab program.

He is demonstrating gross religious intolerance and practising christian evangelism.

Rswinters, you are making a fool of yourself and putting christianity in a very bad light. Get a grip, for goodness sake.

Other experiences
Date: August 14, 2007 05:17PM

SaneAgain
Moderator, Rswinters is on a personal crusade against me because I am not a christian. That is religious intolerance. He has flamed me here on the Genesis thread, and has made personal comments about me on the Impact thread.

He has also promoted christianity and christian programs here, on the Genesis thread, on the Klemmer and christianity thread and on approximately ten other threads.

He has provided links to totally irrelevant topics, such as Creationism and a christian addiction rehab program.

He is demonstrating gross religious intolerance and practising christian evangelism.

Rswinters, you are making a fool of yourself and putting christianity in a very bad light. Get a grip, for goodness sake.

The same can be said for your posts SaneAgian. You have been trying to dominate with a belief that faith and science are not the same.

Which is a belief, and is not proveable just as Faith and science are the same.

So stop with the attacks and then state how your declaring this about me.

All the while showing up with it about a belief that is opposite in nature.

It is just as much a religious belief to have your perception as I have mine.

You have showed up doing exactly what you are stating I am doing.

Apply the same requirements that you are demanding of me onto yourself. Please.

Other experiences
Date: August 14, 2007 05:21PM

SaneAgain
Rswinters, it was a parody, not a real church. It WAS sarcasm, from Maxui.

Funny how the concidence of this so called parody is matched to the time frame of Saneagians attacks on the Genesis thread.

You say parody, I say intentional sarcasm to bash me and my posts.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.