Current Page: 6 of 17
Recovery from LGAT "Discovery" in Dallas
Posted by: Hallslm ()
Date: October 05, 2007 08:05AM

My sister went through Discovery recently and she seems so brainwashed by it I'm convinced it is a cult!

She tells me I'm unhealthy because I haven't gotten. No, fact is I'm healthy for not going. I don't need to heal and readdress from things of my past that I've already healed from. This is what Discovery tells you to and convinces you that you are not truly healed from the issues in your past till you have gone through Discovery. What a lie!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 05, 2007 08:20AM

gotten is suppose to be gone.

Posted by: justplanodan ()
Date: October 05, 2007 10:39PM

Discovery doesn't tell you to work on things that you are already healed from. You are talking through things that you are NOT healed from.

Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: October 05, 2007 11:35PM

justplanodan
Discovery doesn't tell you to work on things that you are already healed from. You are talking through things that you are NOT healed from.

Do they inform you of that at the outset? Do they advertise this? Do they offer themselves up as qualified to deal with emotional issues that are traumatic enough that people think they need to be "healed?" Do they admit that what they do is fake or pseudo psychology done by untrained and unaccountable non-professionals?

Don't be a fool. All these groups get people to dredge up old pain in order to use it against them, reminding them of past misery so that they feel bad enough to go with the formulaic and simple-minded LGAT "cure."

EZ

Date: October 06, 2007 12:27AM

ezdoesit
justplanodan

Do they inform you of that at the outset? Do they advertise this? Do they offer themselves up as qualified to deal with emotional issues that are traumatic enough that people think they need to be "healed?" Do they admit that what they do is fake or pseudo psychology done by untrained and unaccountable non-professionals?

Don't be a fool. All these groups get people to dredge up old pain in order to use it against them, reminding them of past misery so that they feel bad enough to go with the formulaic and simple-minded LGAT "cure."

EZ

Exactly and the proof is in the pudding if you ask me! My sister came out of it not cured! She is now an emotional mess. She spent and entire day a few weeks back with my parents in tears telling them how awful they were to her as a child and beyond. My parents weren't awful. Sure, they made some mistakes, but we were fed, bathed, clothed, loved. My parents attended every football game where we were all in drill team or cheerleading, every dance recital, piano recital, etc........ and she wants to sit and tell them how they screwed her up.

Discovery did this to her. Made her dredge up past hurts that she was already over with and told her she wasn't really over them and look where it got her, one mentally unstable woman if you ask me!

Discovery teaches you that in order to be healed from past hurts you have to acknowledge them. I have past hurts, but what healed me from them was time and by the grace of God, not spending an entire weekend bringing them all back up one by one and putting myself through an emotional hell to get over the issues that I'm already over!

Crazy freaking stuff!

Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: October 08, 2007 08:30AM

My wife admitted this weekend that the trainer in discovery tricked her into telling her feelings in front of the group. She said if she had any idea of the type of questions she was to be asked in public she would never have agreed. After about a day she recanted saying she didn’t really mean that and what they did was exactly what she thought it would be. The discovery program is deceptive without quastion

The discovery "trainers" are absolutely evil. How can anyone with a conscious subject someone to that type of emotional abuse?
Also, what did they plant to make someone snap back to the group’s way of thinking. The more removed from the group then more rational she becomes. We spent most of the weekend in the cab of a pickup hauling cattle, there was no way for her to contact her group.
I hope people are reading this and will avoid discover.

Date: October 08, 2007 10:33AM

Enviro Cop, so sorry your wife is going through this back and forth change of personality. Have hope. I believe over time she will get better."

Re: Recovery from LGAT "Discovery" in Dallas
Posted by: notmuch4games ()
Date: October 29, 2007 11:31PM

My wife has attended this Discovery verbal and emontinal abuse class. After a week of reasoning with her and showing her posts from this site, she has agreed to backaway from them for a bit. I dont think she fully understands what they did to her, but she is at least asking some questions. Sombody help! should I leave her alone, should I keep printing posts for her?

Date: October 30, 2007 01:38AM

Enviro_cop>>>
you seem to know a lot about these nuts. im just catching on, but my marrige hangs in the balance. what can be done?

Date: October 30, 2007 04:35AM

It seems that we are not alone. I think there is going to end up being a 60 minutes or Dateline story on this crap. Educate yourselves, and your loved ones. I am a D! spouse for a week now, but I could tell from the start something wasnt right. As anyone fighting these people. I have a reporter at the local paper who I feed a story to now and then. I'll be calling him! This is the some game plan as the cults of the 60s and 70s. How soon we forget! I did. Is any one looking into legal action?

Current Page: 6 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.