Path of Love retreat - Any info?
Posted by: sanmarco ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:42AM

Hi,
I am new on this forum but trying to find out some info on the above workshop:

It is based on the Miracle of Love (MOL) which I know has some bad press. Unlike MOL, POL is run by Sanyassins (Osho) and has no religious element.

The reason I ask is because my wife is currenlty on one of their workshops and I am growing increasingly worried. She can't call me (she is in silence outside the group room), and now cannot text/sms as it is 'breaking the rules'.

I have a bad feeling about it as I have tried to convey my fears to her and gotten no reply except a text saying 'thinking of you'.

Since Ihave found out a few things which ring warning bells as the process is very much a LGAT - little sleep, little food, strict rules, no contact with outside world, total confidentiality of what happens there etc.

Does anyone know anything about this process? It is a 7 day retreat and I feel there is already a huge distance between my wife and me. We always put our relationship first and normally she would go out of her way to inform me or reassure me. I have had nothing and no reason why she is so scared to break the rules of the retreat simply to send a text.

She will be there for another 4 days and I am wondering what she'll be like when she comes out.

Please don't get me wrong - we are both very into personal growth but to date it has never been like this. Growth is meant to bring to closer together not further apart!

Any sound information much appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 18, 2007 10:09PM

Osho is religious and connected to Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, a notorious Indian guru that is now dead.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: sanmarco ()
Date: July 19, 2007 04:51AM

Hi,
Yes I know all about Osho and that it is a 'religion'. My point was that PoL is not a retreat that emphasises Osho's beliefs and tries to hook the vulnerable participants into a belief system. Or am I wrong?

Do you have any info on the actual retreat and the process?

Re: Path of Love retreat - Any info?
Posted by: light34 ()
Date: July 09, 2016 07:52AM

What is your instinct telling you? My ex who is actually in a cult , told me about path of love, we went only to a presentation, very weird, he said that people and I guess they mean couples could not have sex,too much control no?

Re: Path of Love retreat - Any info?
Posted by: gittaJi ()
Date: July 25, 2023 11:52AM

Path of Love is a cult. I talk from experience. Lot's of male predatory behaviour which is endorsed by the facilitators. Facilitators often have relationships with their clients. This is justified within the culture. Terrible boundaries. Antiquated practises which are potentially harmful, especially to vulnerable and those suffering from PTSD. People get addicted to attending and working hard in the name of 'service' and not getting paid, in fact paying to work for them. Very narcissistic, 'know all' approaches to the clients. Clients get high after attending and then often crash in deep depression some weeks after. Tread carefully if you are considering attending.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.