Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Landmark
Posted by: edna ()
Date: July 19, 2007 04:58AM

I have spent quite a lot of time looking at Landmark and I am now very concerned indeed.

I went back to her with some of my concerns and she hasn't replied to them at all. I think she does not want to hear it because in the past if I said something she did not want to hear then she would simply not reply.

Because I said that our friendship was conditional on her not trying to convert me to Landmark it seems that she will not talk to me in any way about it now. I know I have made a mistake because I should not have said that but I wanted to protect myself but now I feel guilty for doing so.

She says that she spent three days with them. Does this mean she is a graduate? From what I have read the answer is yes.

I do not like to think of her as being involved in group hypnosis or "empowerment".

It will give me a lot of pain to imagine she is lost so quickly. She rang my other friends and their reaction on hearing that she does Landmark has been not to contact her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: July 19, 2007 06:53AM

I have spent quite a lot of time looking at Landmark and I am now very concerned indeed.

I went back to her with some of my concerns and she hasn't replied to them at all. I think she does not want to hear it because in the past if I said something she did not want to hear then she would simply not reply.

Because I said that our friendship was conditional on her not trying to convert me to Landmark it seems that she will not talk to me in any way about it now. I know I have made a mistake because I should not have said that but I wanted to protect myself but now I feel guilty for doing so.

She says that she spent three days with them. Does this mean she is a graduate? From what I have read the answer is yes.

I do not like to think of her as being involved in group hypnosis or "empowerment".

It will give me a lot of pain to imagine she is lost so quickly. She rang my other friends and their reaction on hearing that she does Landmark has been not to contact her.

your friend has been 'programmed' and has been warned and guarded against someone like you, a person who is skeptical and critical of landmark. A lekkie will not respond to your criticisms until the 'coaches' have provided what they deem appropriate responses to questions or criticisms about landmark. If you haven't introduced her to this message board yet, you might want to try soon. If she can read the posts of people who have been harmed by landmark and can still justify it, she is for the time being, lost in the lekkie fantasy world. I read one person's post regarding how they got out of landmark once and that person stated it was through hard hitting reality. Your friend may be one of those people who now will have to follow the landmarkian road until she hits the brick walls of reality herself. I still have contact with the friend I lost to landmark but I don't kid myself into thinking that I have a whole or healthy friend anymore but perhaps I never did. Your friend has been duped and no amount of good sense or logic you have to offer is going to undo the brainwashing now. Its likely going to be a waiting game for you now and be prepared for the longhaul. Don't even waste time trying to impress upon your friend how much her actions from landmark involvement hurts you, she doesn't care. Landmarkians are not permitted empathy, compassion, or even self intropection. They provide cheap imitations of all of the above and they call it stupid names like 'being a stand', 'authentic', or 'sharing'. I have spent countless days and weeks trying to figure out how to dissuade my friend and all I accomplished was getting used, rejected, judged, and shut out. I empathise with you in this situation and I hope your friend doesn't lose it all in the attempt to get it all.

Landmark
Date: July 19, 2007 07:16AM

I feel sick.

Thank you for your response - I had resolved to go and see her, but now see that it may be a bad idea.

I have recently recovered from a mental breakdown and do not think that it would be healthy for me to be around her.

Landmark
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: July 19, 2007 09:51AM

edna

It is absolutely oK that you have told her that, so you have drawn a clear line regarding Landmark. From her reaction I see that she is not so deeply involved and gives your friendship a high value. Maybe just wait a few days or weeks, tell her you feel sick if you hear from Landmark and you don't want to deal with it.

Landmark
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: July 19, 2007 09:58AM

ON2 LF

your friend has been 'programmed' and has been warned and guarded against someone like you, a person who is skeptical and critical of landmark. A lekkie will not respond to your criticisms until the 'coaches' have provided what they deem appropriate responses to questions or criticisms about landmark. If you haven't introduced her to this message board yet, you might want to try soon. If she can read the posts of people who have been harmed by landmark and can still justify it, she is for the time being, lost in the lekkie fantasy world. I read one person's post regarding how they got out of landmark once and that person stated it was through hard hitting reality. Your friend may be one of those people who now will have to follow the landmarkian road until she hits the brick walls of reality herself. I still have contact with the friend I lost to landmark but I don't kid myself into thinking that I have a whole or healthy friend anymore but perhaps I never did. Your friend has been duped and no amount of good sense or logic you have to offer is going to undo the brainwashing now. Its likely going to be a waiting game for you now and be prepared for the longhaul. Don't even waste time trying to impress upon your friend how much her actions from landmark involvement hurts you, she doesn't care. Landmarkians are not permitted empathy, compassion, or even self intropection. They provide cheap imitations of all of the above and they call it stupid names like 'being a stand', 'authentic', or 'sharing'. I have spent countless days and weeks trying to figure out how to dissuade my friend and all I accomplished was getting used, rejected, judged, and shut out. I empathise with you in this situation and I hope your friend doesn't lose it all in the attempt to get it all.

I makes me feel sick to see how much damage Landmark is causing in friendships.

Landmark
Date: July 19, 2007 11:30PM

I have asked flat out what her involvement is and whether she is doing more stuff with them. If the answer is yes then I will stay away. If there is no answer, I will also stay away.

If she lies to me then there is not much I can do about it. I have told her about the boards here.

If I get any reply then I may post it here - you guys have been really helpful, thank you.

Landmark
Date: September 04, 2007 05:34PM

Just to update you guys:

I did go and see my friend in the end, because she said she was doing no more Landmark.

Of course it was not that simple, and she brought it up as a topic of conversation. Basically we ended up having an argument because she said I couldn't possibly know what it was like because I hadn't done the course. It was a pretty heated argument and we drew a line under it. At one stage she got quite offensive, attributing my arguments to the fact my mother had died from alcoholism - I told her she was cruel, and after asking why, she shut up.

After that, I noticed that she used key words like possibility and mentioned that I wasn't open to possibility and I held myself back. I ignored this because I didn't want another fight about Landmark.

We are still friends, but it was odd to hear her using all these bizarre words etc. The trip emphasised how far apart we were now.

Anyway, I think she realised I was a lost cause, for which I am grateful!

Landmark
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 04, 2007 08:20PM

edna
Just to update you guys:

I did go and see my friend in the end, because she said she was doing no more Landmark.

Of course it was not that simple, and she brought it up as a topic of conversation. Basically we ended up having an argument because she said I couldn't possibly know what it was like because I hadn't done the course. It was a pretty heated argument and we drew a line under it. At one stage she got quite offensive, attributing my arguments to the fact my mother had died from alcoholism - I told her she was cruel, and after asking why, she shut up.

After that, I noticed that she used key words like possibility and mentioned that I wasn't open to possibility and I held myself back. I ignored this because I didn't want another fight about Landmark.

We are still friends, but it was odd to hear her using all these bizarre words etc. The trip emphasised how far apart we were now.

Anyway, I think she realised I was a lost cause, for which I am grateful!

My experiences with my ex were similar.

"Basically we ended up having an argument because she said I couldn't possibly know what it was like because I hadn't done the course. It was a pretty heated argument and we drew a line under it."

That happened to me but the outcome was different. Almost the same words. Eventually I gave in after a while and registered, but I ended up not going. The topic came up again and again, though. She kept talking about repressed memories, stuff that was going on in my family, the state of my the healthcare techniques my doctor was using. All conversations were routed back to LE. She mentioned something about LE being able to bring about world peace. It was some messed-up stuff. I know she's way past the situation you're in as some of her friends e-mail me and tell me they just stay away. 12 hour days, 6 days a week.

At this point I could care less, but knowing there are others out there...I can't sit by idle and act like I don't know what's going on. Just not my nature.

Edna...you've lost your friend. I'm sorry.[/quote]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.