Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Landmark transforming Tibet?
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: July 16, 2007 01:05AM

:shock:

I found an old article about Landmark South Africa in Noseweek. Most of it is the usual history but this part is worth quoting. I'd love to know if anyone else has heard this story or knows anything about it:

DON’T TIBET ON IT

Some of the “graduates” of David Ure, once a Landmark seminar leader in Cape Town, have been firing up their recruiting with the story of “a seminar held for 300 monks and the Dalai Lama in the foothills of Tibet”; a seminar by which “Landmark took on transforming the political situation there”. When we contacted Tibetan exile officialdom for comment, we got a very polite version of “What the @#%& are you talking about?” The UK Landmark office, where Ure is now based, promised that he would get back to us, but repeated reminders produced no contact. Indian Landmark offices were likewise unresponsive. Meanwhile, the story of the Dalai Lama as a Landmark graduate spreads via Landmark disciples. One confirmed that the Tibetan bulletin came straight from David Ure’s mouth – but the disciple became nervous at the idea of my investigating the information and publishing the result. At this point it emerged that the facts might be “confidential”.

I guess this has the same roots as the Gordon Brown story? Landmarkian delusion!

one more worthy quote from the article:

In line with the consumer come-on of LGAT (Get a new meaning for the past, new goals, a whole new life—in just a few hours!), measurable gains from Landmark ‘life-training’ tend to be fairly shallow. Meeting sales targets are the kind of real-life achievements attributed to LGAT inspiration. But the costs? As the analyst Kevin Garvey told New York Magazine, “I don’t care if [the participants] can screw better or make more money—their freedom is being taken away.”

I doubt Landmark helps anyone make more money or skrew better - not that I'm qualified to comment on either! :lol:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: July 16, 2007 02:00AM

URL to full article:

[www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: maurice ()
Date: July 16, 2007 04:08AM

David Ure - a man whose face should appear on the dictionaty under 'arrogant' and/or 'a***hole' - was my forum leader. He's the guy whose son has been 4 years old for all th two years i spent in landmark. I'm sure he met the dalai lama too :roll:

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: July 16, 2007 05:52AM

Monks & the Dalai Llama? Somehow I can't see the old chap doing more than politely smiling and throwing in the odd anecdote. Landmark education (indoctrination) would be like water off a duck's back. It's more likely that Landmark had a roomful of soldiers from the Chinese army.

Camp Lekkie won't stop at any boast!

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: July 17, 2007 09:03PM

typical Landmark arrogance ... all the Dalai Lama needs, is Landmark , really :-) :twisted: ... Landmark has saved the world's hunger (Hunger project).

Date: July 17, 2007 09:13PM

the Dalai Lama is running a racket on Chinese soldiers ... simple, but that's the solution to all problems ... Landmark is the solution.
sorry I can't resist being so cynical :twisted:

Date: July 17, 2007 09:17PM

Landmark's solution for the US: George W Bush should take the Forum and tell Osama Bin Laden, that he has been running a racket ... :shock: Landmarkians have an easy solution for all the world's problems, except for their own marriages or relationships ...

Date: July 17, 2007 09:18PM

I forgot, the Pope is running a racket on women, so we have him sorted out ...

Date: July 17, 2007 09:28PM

effects of the Landmark forum, if any: one phone call (happy bla bla), confusion on the receiving end of the call ... euphoria lasts about three weeks in the average participant, then everything back to normal or taking further courses at Landmark ...

Posted by: maurice ()
Date: July 18, 2007 04:14AM

MartinH
typical Landmark arrogance ... all the Dalai Lama needs, is Landmark , really :-) :twisted: ... Landmark has saved the world's hunger (Hunger project).

Actually, and that's more than a rumor, Landmark Education took all the money from the Hunger Project. A guy i knew from the landmark staff confirmed it to me. Then he laughed (they didn't get HIS money ah ah ah how funny. creepy.)

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.