Current Page: 5 of 9
Looking for Sterling Wives...
Posted by: revclaire ()
Date: June 30, 2003 03:15AM

Subject: my story re:A.Justin Sterling/Brillant Man/Brillant Book/ Bogus Teaching/BEWARE..
To: info@culteducation.com

Rick Ross has plenty of information about the Sterling Group created by A. Justin Sterling. I felt the need to add a few more details since my loved one was taken by this man's mind control and false teaching and has been gone for over 5 years. This is no light matter this Sterling group. It is a very destructive cult. I know at least 15 people whom got taken by this group and my loved one was taken by my best male friend whom I had known over 11 years. None of these people ever achieved anything they wrote on their goal sheets. They have all ended up in broken relationships with their spouses, in poorer financial condition but the men are all telling each other they are super Dad's. The men were all programmed to call their wives "fucking cunts" or "fucking bitches" and some of these men never ever used such language until the mind control of the Men's Weekend and then the point program etc. this is what the Super Dad's are teaching their children. That the women are the only one responsible if the relationship fails. That men are the only sex capable of love. Women only marry for money. Teaching their sons that recreational sex is okay and the women is a keeper if she gives good head, takes it up the ass or swallows your come...Never confide in a women even if it's your wife. Only bond with and love the men. How perverted is that. They are told when to give their wife a massage or bring flowers. The women must make the sexual advance or they can't have sex but they can sit in a bath robe and try to entice her..but once she makes the sexual advance then she has no say so about the sex..he has all control and does whatever he wants to do and she must submit..
One man stood up in the weekend and said " Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior": and Justin said "Well put him on the shelf and listen to me for this weekend because I have the solutions to your problem and you can go back to him later"
My loved one came out of the weekend a completely different person. Then he did the point program. Since he could not recruit anyone in the family he was told he must leave us or we would destroy his life. We thought he had mental illness. He was a very independant man whom if anything was rebellious against anyone telling him what to do but he ended up a complete robot and 100% committed and did anything they told him to do. All mind control.
A. Justin Sterling's book is brillant and I actually had read it years before this happened. What I didn't know is that he uses mind control and this is a destructive cult and he willfully harms people. He was a crook and a con artist whom got in trouble with the law who found a legal way to rob people not only of their money but the true love in their life for a very expensive imitation of a family. He just copied the bite model that every cult uses and claims to be saving families while he destroys them and he himself was put out by his wife of 8 years with a restraining order and his young daughter confessed in a court that he molested her and of course I was fooled because between reading the book years before which was brillant coupled with my best male friend whom I so respected did I think my loved one would benefit. Instead 5 years later I am still praying for him to be restored to his right mind and I do believe it will happen and I also believe God will use him to help many others because mind control, brainwashing etc. is on the rise as we watch suicide bombers who we know could never commit such a religious act with a rational mind. I pray for all the victims of cults and their families and I also pray for mercy on the soul of A Justin Sterling and all cult leaders who know exactly what they are doing and it's all about money. They are all wealthy in money but have no love, no heart and no true God and each one will be accountable to God. Meanwhile I want to end by thanking God for Rick Ross and the excellent service he provides for God in educating and informing people about cults and I pray anyone who reads this will either speak to others and spread the word about cults or send the rick ross site via e-mail with a simple note: a must for every parent, husband, wife, son or daughter....please be careful of any group, church or organization with any of the characteristics of a cult...I wish someone would have educated me. I have cried everyday for 5 years and my faith in God is how I have gotten through for those who still have loved ones out there.. don't give up...God has the power...He will do it..keep believing and don't be ashamed to tell your story. May God Bless Rick Ross for his unwavering devotion and love of mankind...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 30, 2003 10:08PM

Hi folks,

My naturopath, very early on in the patient-professional relationship, wanted to refer me out to a hypnotist because I was "stuck", as he put it - not getting it. At the time, I had no idea the ND was involved in LE. It has become quite clear, over the past 2 yrs, how many techniques he culled from LE and used on me. I recognized some of the jargon, subtly inserted into conversation. So, it's highly likely he already was familiar with hypnosis techniques and using them at the same time he was suggesting I go to a hypnotist.

He recruited me, after a year of "failed" therapy, to promote his weekend seminars, what essentially would have been mini Forums under the guise of alternative healing methods (those underlying reasons for disease that are never really explained in alternative medicine).

Looking back, I see how many times I thought he meant one thing, but he later came back and said he meant something else. However, he always said "I could see how you misinterpreted that." These were issues of commitment ( big one in LE), when I started having doubts about the work that never seemed to get off the ground. I thought he was upset about me wanting to quit, and he gave me a passionate lecture on commitment, so I stuck it out. Well, that's not what he meant. He was merely, he claimed, asking me what I was committed to. He made it clear then that he "couldn't care less" what I did with my time. As much as this hurt, it also jived with what had been ingrained in my psyche over the past year - that I'm responsible for my own well-being. Not even my doctor matters in my health.

Any outsider would ask why I didn't just leave. But it had been the previous 1-1/2 yrs where the induction took place. Everything was my fault because I wasn't being open-minded enough, I wasn't committed to anything. Further, everything is just thoughts, so all one has to do is change them. A part of me really believed this and wanted to see it work, another part was afraid of failing and at that point, since everything I thought I had ever believed in was gone, it seemed like I had no choice but to stay. The irony is, of course, that I was pretty open-minded in listening to this crap for so long, willing to try anything, yet he was telling me I was closed-minded. I read Brian Weiss's stuff, as part of homework, I read Alan Watts, even Stan Grof, and he told me I was closed-minded. Hell, I almost took MDMA with him, and after backing out, regretted not doing it for a long time. That old critical thinking got me asking myself, what happens if something goes wrong? This is illegal, etc.

This doctor worked out of a conventionally trained doctor's office which sort of gave him credibility. The Prophet's Conference, with speakers like Ram Dass, Stan Grof, Huston Smith, and others, was packed with psychologists, psychiatrists, alternative healers, and mainstream medical docs all to eager to step up to the mike and discuss their therapeutic methods. Many laughed knowingly when est was mentioned.

Being that it is so hard to make any sense of this stuff, how do we truly alert others to prevent further recruitment and damage? I takes a long time to BEGIN to understand what happened, and by that time, statutes of limitations expire. People I've spoken to at State agencies really don't have a clue and can only say, stay away. Any suggestions?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 30, 2003 11:25PM

of how a dangerous, destructive person can write an excellent book, but run an absolutely disastrous group.

Lots of us assume that if a book is good, the author is just as good. Sometimes, this is true. But not always.

A former boss told me about a man who was a dangerous psychopath. He has terrorized women, committed murder and is serving a life sentence in Florida. He conned several people at a Buddhist practice center into smuggling drugs and they were the ones who landed in jail. He spreads disaster wherever he goes.

'I hope to God he never gets out' my informant said. 'But he has a following. People at our practice center still correspond with him, because he writes such wonderful Buddhist dharma in his letters.'

A psychopathic murderer can write the loveliest spiritual stuff you can ever imagine.

Excellent books have been written by dangerous people. You've given a great description of how this is so

Posted by: righttofight ()
Date: July 01, 2003 05:31AM

Thank you very much for your share.

I am a male, single and was deeply involved with a woman who attended the LGAT trainings in Los Angeles called MITT.

They ruined this woman's life and mine. I did cry almost every day after the fallout from her participation. They all work the same: recruit for cash. Destroy any relationship that gets in the way.

I am very sorry for what you went through. Rick Ross is providing a very good service. You probably need psychological help for what happened. I did. You have been mentally abused and it will affect you. My ex was in love with me and they started working on her because I had spoken out against their company calling it a cult. Nobody in her family would support her effort to recruit. She began isolating more and more from her family and myself. Once their in the bubble these groups supply the necessary defense mechanism language to keep them insulated. They are gone for a while. There are certain personality types that are more prone than others. My ex was a "borderline personality".

In the end, I have moved on to a more stable relationship and I appreciate the fact this was a person who was a train wreck waiting to happen. People like our ex's seek out this medicine and believe in "quick fixes" in life. In a way they created this wreckage by giving away their ability to criticize or discern - to become an ultimate believer.

I am very sorry.

Thanks

Posted by: Claire ()
Date: July 12, 2003 12:16PM

I would like to see Sterling Guys' wife post and see what she thinks of his personality "improvement." I would also enjoy seeing the the relative's of the poster who claims he now has better relationships tell their side of the story. Thanks.

Date: July 23, 2003 09:46PM

I don't know if you believe in God but Please consider praying for your husband. If you ever read Steve Hassen's book about cults it's about how he got out of the Moonies...it was God ...he explains it well..his website is www.freedomofmind.com. His book is simplistic and easy to follow but it was God and the prayers of people Esp. his own mother who prayed a specific prayer for him and never stopped and the day came that God broke open his mind. Great book..true story..If you do believe in God then you will understand that you are searching in people, professionals, and outside places and you will spin just like your husband who thinks he has found his solution. You are spinning too..I know my family member was taken by Sterling and it's been years but I pray everyday and I know it works..and my family member will come back whole..only by God..I truly enjoy reading your posts and your are a superb and very intelligent woman but in my heart i feel for you and no counseling, etc. will work..nothing without God it will fail..I am a minister and counselor for years..work with murderers, etc. and sex offenders, etc..they can get therapy but without God they fail..with him the therapists end up in shock..because God's wisdom is greater than the most intellectual person on earth..It's not about religion..it's about truly believing in God and sumitting and surrendering your whole life over to him and ask him to guide your path...and you will go first and once you are positioned he will get your husband and he will follow suit..God will reconstruct and mold you and your husband and it's a fact...esp. for your daughter..Try it..you have tried everything else..get a notebook and write to God all of your worries, concerns, needs, etc..and then keep it and watch how he will take care of things..you will have a very small percentage to do with it..but it's hard..to pray and sit still and only move when God says so..very hard..try it..and please post when you get the breakthrough..i am praying for you, your husband and your daughter..praying with you and for you..god bless..:)

Date: August 16, 2003 07:59PM

False prophets as Justin Sterling and all cult leaders are have used mind control and have brainwashed their followers and it is not spiritual it is the deadly work of the enemy. It is based on a half truth and is a whole lie. We must pray for this Sterling Guy and all others who have been taken in by the powers of the darkness and believe it is the light. Lucifer came in as an Angel. These groups seem like they are spiritual and of God but if they truly were of God then there would be no worship or commitment to a man or a group the worship would be with God and each person would make their own decisions and be autonomous. They are sick men and women who have a deep codependency issue and have a need to belong. These groups are not love nor a family but a prison of the mind and bondage. They are no different from gangs with young men who didn't have father's or seek a man's approval. Time to pray for these men and women to grow up into mature adults and be self sufficent with their personal relationship with God the only one who knows each of us individually and the only one who can give us the wisdom and the knowledge that exceeds man and put us on our true path of purpose and destiny. To be used and a pawn so a leader can be a multimillionare is not a purpose nor a destiny. They play God and all who follow are breaking the first commandment of God which is to not put anything before him. It is all a false idol and like worshipping the gold calf. We must pray for all who are taken and pray that legislation is changed and that this becomes illegal. We must pray for these leaders to be brought down by the power of God and that the truth be exposed into the light for all to see.

Posted by: skeptikk ()
Date: August 18, 2003 03:47PM

talk about cults!

revclaire, ever hear the saying, "It's not a cult, since I'm in it"? I think that would apply to you. Southern Baptist perhaps? Foursquare? Church of Christ? Jehovah's Witness? Those are all cults in my mind.

A quote from the website that she recommends, [www.freedomofmind.com] :

[i:ddb842588b]"Mind control" techniques are not necessarily bad. Although I typically use the term "mind control" when describing unethical and abusive social influence, many of the techniques can be used ethically to promote positive spiritual and personal growth.[/i:ddb842588b]

Translation : It's mind control when we don't like the group, yet a "technique...to promote positive spiritual and personal growth" when we do like the group.

Kind of like "regime change" as opposed to "invasion", huh? doesn't change the facts of the matter.

and I hate to say it, but most of the descriptions that people have posted here, of their loved ones being somehow "ruined" by these groups -- most of these people sound like they had a few screws loose to begin with, and you are looking for something to blame for the implosion.

anyone that goes to one of these seminars for 2 days and turns into a 100% indoctrinated robot has some serious issues to begin with.

I've been to the Sterling Weekend, and it's really not all that big a deal in my experience. Are there some nutjobs there? Sure there are. Were they nutjobs beforehand? I'm sure they were. You don't just go to a 2 day seminar, regardless of low levels of sleep and people yelling at you, and instantly become a freak -- it may trigger the inner freak that is already there, but so can a car accident, a death in the family, or watching Armageddon too many times. These guys are NOT The Process, the People's Temple, or the Branch Davidians.

Are there people that take it too far in the Men's Division? Hell yes! Just like in everything else -- most people are joiners, and get swept up in group dynamics. I've yet to see any sign of individuality-quashing tactics beyond the type of thing that ANY group activity uses. The average high school football team or fraternity does more hazing than these guys.

Personally, I think some of the content from Sterling is useful, some of it less useful, and some of it total bullshit. Which is about on par for most things, and much better than network news, politics, or organized religion.

Most of the complaints that I've read in this thread seem to be centered around secondary or tertiary accounts of events / experiences that make YOU uncomfortable, not necessarily the people involved. Who gives a rat's ass if your boyfriend prances around nude or makes phone calls at 10pm? I do agree though, if they start neglecting their life to participate in a group, ANY GROUP, they've got a problem.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 18, 2003 07:41PM

Obvviously not all "cults" or education, persuasion or thought reform ("mind control") programs are the same.

See the following links:

[www.culteducation.com]

[www.culteducation.com]

[www.culteducation.com]

"Skeptikk" doesn't seem that skeptical about Sterling. His real beef seems to be criticism about that group within this forum and site.

See [www.culteducation.com]

To better understand what's often wrong with groups like Sterling see the following:

[www.culteducation.com]

"Skeptikk" is right about one thing though.

The Sterling Weekend does include men "pranc[ing] around nude" and this is typically videotaped by Sterling.

Each man signs a release regarding any filming in advance.

This means that guys like "Skeptikk" have a tape of them "pranc[ing] around nude" on some shelf within Sterling's storage.

FYI-- to get to the core philosophy of Sterling and what its founder believes and teaches see the following:

After reading the above linked article you will probably understand why "it's really...all that big a deal," at least to women, what Sterling teaches the men he influences.

As for Justin Sterling--his philosophy apparently wreaked his own marriage and led to court ordered supervised visitation with his daughter.

Date: August 18, 2003 10:20PM

The reply from skeptik is exactly the point. He is seeing things the way he choses to see them from his perspective. The people posting on this site are posting from either never going to a destructive cult and neutral or those who have been in and got out who are honest , rigorously honest that they were scammed for their money and they were programmed in their subconscious to believe things they would have never consciously adopted without hypnosis. To what level someone is hypnotised is different according in their ability to get into the meditative place. The loved ones that I knew where extremely meditative and the type of men who were always autonomous and very strong and they were their own men and made all of their own decisions and never ever were influenced by another man until they went to Sterling. I would have never believed it if i didn't see it.
Yes, Sterling's book was brillant and without going to the group and being brainwashed he had great points but behind his brillance and his great points is mass hypnosis, mind control and pure evil. Everything is an absolute in the point program..YOU MUST CALL BACK WITHIN 24 HOURS OR YOU ARE PUNISHED..YOU MUST DO THIS..MR. SKEPTIK YOU DON'T THINK A WIFE KNOWS WHEN HER HUSBAND BRINGS HER FLOWERS BECAUSE A MAN TOLD HIM OPPOSE TO PRIOR TO THE GROUP WHEN HER HUSBAND BROUGHT HER FLOWERS FROM HIS HEART? YOU DON'T THINK THAT WE KNOW OUR HUSBANDS THAT WE LOVE AND ADORE AND YOU THINK WE WOULD EVER WANT TO SEE OUR HUSBANDS SUFFER AND BE A PAWN AND A FOOL? i only hope noone you know ever does it and you get to be on our side and experience what we have. i mean someone you love, know and adore and you get to watch them be a robot and lose their wonderful uniqueness. You sound just like the rest of them. Defensive angry men who have to be right or consider they might need to change like the rest of us. Daily change to open our minds and our hearts to grow and evolove up and beyond another's point of view. We are all created unique and should follow no one's teaching except what is in us. You may not have a personal relationship with God but i am not speaking religion. I am speaking a spiritual life whereby you are shaped and formed by God and you are your own man. It's not about denominations or political sides. It's a human life and we are on this side to improve human life that these cult leaders destroy to make a buck and become rich and knowing exactly the techniques they are using are to brainwash people like you. Your anger proves you are a Sterling man yet still and it's sad. You can leave the group but until you are willing to read with an open mind what is on this site and many others will you be able to be set free from your anger. I don't think your anger is at this site or at me or anyone else. I think you just don't want to admit you were scammed. I thank God you didn't go to the point program and continue on and have to go through the torment many others are still in today. God must really love you and I hope you will find him and thank him someday for saving you the grief for the loved ones taken and the people on this site who are being rigorously honest about how we all feel this is a disservice to mankind. God Bless Rick Ross and Steve Hassen and many others who are providing this service. I wish you the freedom of the mind and ability to see your own anger is at yourself not at me or anyone else who saw from a neutral place our loved ones be manipulated without consent.

Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.