Current Page: 3 of 5
Ideas for legal action against all LGATs
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: July 19, 2007 11:55AM

MartinH
I world full of Landmark graduates is a sh ...world. We need to do something.

Amen.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Landmark left Switzerland and some other country. Anyone know if that's true? I got the impression that it wasn't because of legal reasons but rather widespread bad press.

I'd like to know more about that. Anyone got the scoop?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: July 19, 2007 12:14PM

question lady
MartinH
I world full of Landmark graduates is a sh ...world. We need to do something.

Amen.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Landmark left Switzerland and some other country. Anyone know if that's true? I got the impression that it wasn't because of legal reasons but rather widespread bad press.

I'd like to know more about that. Anyone got the scoop?

The one I read about was France. I didn't know about Switzerland. Can you put link to it. I believe the France on is under the Landmark thread. Do you want me to find and post here.

P.S. Thanks for your last email. It sure has been working on me, and making me realize how much I have been needing to take care of myself as I am dealing with a very heavy load in my life. Than.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: July 19, 2007 12:23PM

Landmark closed offices in Denmark or Sweden too, in Europe it very strong in the UK and in Amsterdam (also in Frankfurt, Germany)

here, cult information from Switzerland
www.sektenberatung.ch/texte/76.pdf
www.infosekta.ch/is5/gruppen/lm_anonymus1992.html

I think Landmark closed due to bad press and subsequent drop in participants, but no legal action or something ...

Press coverage is most powerful ... I will certainly write a letter to my MP, addressing the practices of LGATs, Landmark Education and would be very interested in some private discussions to set up a powerful letter.

Date: July 19, 2007 12:48PM

MartinH
Landmark closed offices in Denmark or Sweden too, in Europe it very strong in the UK and in Amsterdam (also in Frankfurt, Germany)

I think Landmark closed due to bad press and subsequent drop in participants, but no legal action or something ...

Press coverage is most powerful ... I will certainly write a letter to my MP, addressing the practices of LGATs, Landmark Education and would be very interested in some private discussions to set up a powerful letter.

I would be willing to talk with you. But, first I will need to read your posts to verify where you stand on this issue. I am a little weary of how some apologists have sneaked in here to create havoc in discrediting this website. Plus, I have been extremely vocal with not keeping some members in mind as I have blasted away at LGAT's.

So, PM me and we can start to get a feel for each other, and build a little trust.

Can any other members attest to MartinH intentions being true here. Please don't take offence at me asking this question. I need to be more discreet in how I blast away with on LGAT's.

I hope you understand this.

Thanks.

Date: July 19, 2007 01:00PM

Rswinters

Can any other members attest to MartinH intentions being true here. Please don't take offence at me asking this question. I need to be more discreet in how I blast away with on LGAT's.

Thanks.

Hi Rswinters,
I am so negative and cynical about Landmark that I was actually asking for help to be able to set up a powerful and formal etter for my MP which is based on facts rather than on my emotions. :wink:

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: July 19, 2007 01:22PM

MartinH

Here is a link to a site I use to translate web sites. The translation isn't great, but it gives one the general idea.
[babelfish.altavista.com]

Date: July 19, 2007 01:27PM

MartinH
Rswinters

Thanks.

Hi Rswinters,
I am so negative and cynical about Landmark that I was actually asking for help to be able to set up a powerful and formal etter for my MP which is based on facts rather than on my emotions. :wink:

What does MP stand for? Are you okay to expand your letter to address Large Group Awareness Training as whole? My experience was in Klemmer & Associates but as I have discovered its the same garbage, and the same methods, techniques, and many of the same excericises with how the facilitators and staff deal with what gets created in them.

Date: July 19, 2007 03:14PM

in my country there is an independent commission of experts initiated by the government the investigates "psychogroups" They have written a very interesting document with more than 200 pages on possible causes, effects on society and prevention, and future laws.

Only the worst groups such as radical right-wing or communist parties can be forbidden by law.

My point to make about Landmark, in particular, is not that they are a psychogroup using strange techniques without license, but that they are using their technology to "brainwash" people to recruit other people and that they are highly successful with that.

They are very subtle and "soft", not presenting themselves as a church but as a company. The other thing is that they rely on volunteers.They brainwash people to spend endless hours working for no money for Landmark.

Date: July 19, 2007 03:20PM

MartinH
in my country there is an independent commission of experts initiated by the government the investigates "psychogroups" They have written a very interesting document with more than 200 pages on possible causes, effects on society and prevention, and future laws.

Only the worst groups such as radical right-wing or communist parties can be forbidden by law.

My point to make about Landmark, in particular, is not that they are a psychogroup using strange techniques without license, but that they are using their technology to "brainwash" people to recruit other people and that they are highly successful with that.

They are very subtle and "soft", not presenting themselves as a church but as a company. The other thing is that they rely on volunteers.They brainwash people to spend endless hours working for no money for Landmark.

Can you post some links to the documentation that is available for us to read on this stuff?

Date: July 19, 2007 03:23PM

Rswinters
What does MP stand for? Are you okay to expand your letter to address Large Group Awareness Training as whole? My experience was in Klemmer & Associates but as I have discovered its the same garbage, and the same methods, techniques, and many of the same excericises with how the facilitators and staff deal with what gets created in them.

with MP I mean my representative in the parlament, I want to directly write to him. As I found out now, something is already being done about the psychogroups, but I think the dimension and influence, Landmark has already, is totally underestimated. I am oK to address LGATs as a whole, but here only Landmark is highly active, I should therefore use it as the most prominent example. For me it is also enlightening that all those groups have basically the same structure. They have learned that it is better to disguise as a self-help company than as a church.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.