Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Why do Trolls post here?
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: February 03, 2004 12:22PM

Glen,

Did you change personality profiles or styles with different names?

What was your favorite disrupting tactic?

The trolls we have always devolve to innuendo, ad hominem attacks and my personal favorite...accuse someone of "attack, not defend" while attacking and avoiding answering up on their baloney.
:rolleyes: :D

Guy

Glen
No idea, 3, 4 maybe? They'd work out who I was pretty quickly by then because I would disrupt the entire "room"

Options: ReplyQuote
Why do Trolls post here?
Posted by: Glen ()
Date: February 03, 2004 08:29PM

All of the above. What's really gratifying however is YOU know you aren't backing your claims and are simply making sweeping statements and personal attacks, and THEY know it, yet they still react! It's the literal equivalent of sticking your tongue out and saying "na na nananana" and them storming at you with a flurry of punches. I mean who's stupider; the guy going "na na nananana" or the guy flying of his handle at him because of it. Trolls "troll" to get a reaction - plain and simple. Otherwise it's boring - would be like making fun of goldfish... how long till that novelty wears off...

To answer your other question, I would not so much change personality profiles but rather adapt to whatever invoked the largest reaction. Usually it would be something like

"you're all a bunch of f**king sheep because you believe in something that doesn't exist"

"we KNOW he exists"

"prove it"

"we don't need to, we have faith. Why don't you disprove it"

"yeah well I have faith that green monkey's are flying out of some guys a$$ in china right this second. You can't prove I'm wrong can you? Does that make it true? You're a bunch of mindless lemmings..."

Queue eruption of reaction and anger.... my work is done. :rolleyes:

Why do Trolls post here?
Date: February 04, 2004 03:49AM

Glen,

Are you trying to tell me that green monkey's are [b:ad9283f6ab]not[/b:ad9283f6ab] flying out of some guys a$$ in china right this second?????? Oh darn...I was happy being a mindless lemming.
:D

Did you think your responders were "flying off his handle" at you?

That seemed to be Rookies hope, i.e. "Don't start freaking out that I am undermining...". The negative induction method.:rolleyes:

I realize that Rookie and his other pseudonyms are looking for a rise, but the only rise is what's in their own minds when they read the posts.

There must far more interesting things in life to get a rise out of than trolling this board.:o

Guy

Glen
All of the above. What's really gratifying however is YOU know you aren't backing your claims and are simply making sweeping statements and personal attacks, and THEY know it, yet they still react! It's the literal equivalent of sticking your tongue out and saying "na na nananana" and them storming at you with a flurry of punches. I mean who's stupider; the guy going "na na nananana" or the guy flying of his handle at him because of it. Trolls "troll" to get a reaction - plain and simple. Otherwise it's boring - would be like making fun of goldfish... how long till that novelty wears off...

To answer your other question, I would not so much change personality profiles but rather adapt to whatever invoked the largest reaction. Usually it would be something like

"you're all a bunch of f**king sheep because you believe in something that doesn't exist"

"we KNOW he exists"

"prove it"

"we don't need to, we have faith. Why don't you disprove it"

"yeah well I have faith that green monkey's are flying out of some guys a$$ in china right this second. You can't prove I'm wrong can you? Does that make it true? You're a bunch of mindless lemmings..."

Queue eruption of reaction and anger.... my work is done. :rolleyes:

Why do Trolls post here?
Posted by: Glen ()
Date: February 04, 2004 04:42AM

Guy
There must far more interesting things in life to get a rise out of than trolling this board.:o
Aparently not for them! How sad are their lives?!

Why do Trolls post here?
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: February 04, 2004 05:58AM

I was labelled a "troll" on the Robbins message board, by Robbins True Believers. (Tony Morons).
For them to label me a troll, meant they did not have to deal with what i was saying, which was disturbing to them.
So they could just blank me out, by calling me a troll.

But in that case, i was NOT a troll, i was deprogramming myself.
I suppose i could have done it in my own journal, but its better to deprogram yourself in the Lions Den!

So "labelling" others trolls can be a defense against their arguments.
But sometimes, what some label a troll, can be a sincere person with a profoundly different perception of reality.

Coz

EDIT:

The conclusion of the "webmasters" (commissioned salesmen) at TonyRobbins.com was that i was a "troll".
I WAS being deliberately manipulative, using Robbins techniques.

Should Coz be censored and banned from this forum?
[www.tonyrobbins.com]

Why do Trolls post here?
Date: February 04, 2004 12:54PM

To reiterate the original thread subject.

Guy
Really.

I'd like some trolls to respond to this question.

If you're not, don't post.

If you want to conjecture why they do, start a thread called "why I think Trolls post".

Come on.....
Be brave.
We won't bite you.
:D

If you are not a troll [b:51d9ed5203]do not[/b:51d9ed5203] post here.

If you are a troll or ex-troll please respond.

Guy

Why do Trolls post here?
Posted by: wolfy ()
Date: February 05, 2004 01:39AM

You mean there are imaginary creatures from Scandinavian mythology posting here?

Why do Trolls post here?
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: February 05, 2004 10:58AM

The conclusion of the "webmasters" (commissioned salesmen) at TonyRobbins.com was that i was a "troll".
I WAS being deliberately manipulative "at times", using Robbins techniques in various ways. But as Tony says, there is nothing wrong with "manipulation". Manipulation is Influence, and as long as you are a good person, Influencing others, even Unconsciously, for their own good, is all good. Right? Its all for their own good, even if they do not realize it. Right?
;)

Should Coz be censored and banned from this forum?
[www.tonyrobbins.com]

Coz

Why do Trolls post here?
Date: February 05, 2004 04:17PM

Hi Wolfy,

I haven't seen you post for awile.
I'm sorry though...you don't qualify as a troll.

An apologist yes, troll no.

You have used some trollish tactics such as ad hominem attacks and innuendo.
You may have even used other pseudonyms, but your posts are, from what I can tell, a defense of LEC.

Except, of course, this post, which is pure trollishness. ;)

Trolls are not interested in defending the faith, any position or educating readers, they merely post to get a rise and attempt irritation.

Glen was a troll on a board where he was not defending anything nor was he offering any education. He just wanted to get under their skin.

Perhaps you are a troll, Wolfy, but you always be an apologist to me. :D

Guy

wolfy
You mean there are imaginary creatures from Scandinavian mythology posting here?

Why do Trolls post here?
Posted by: wolfy ()
Date: February 07, 2004 02:48AM

Yes, I have been away for a very good reason.

You call me an apologist. I just think we have different opinions.

It's okay though, I'll let you off. :-)

PS There is nothing troll like about me - apart from my feet.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.