Current Page: 11 of 33
Quest (Johannesburg South Africa)
Posted by: Maxui ()
Date: August 24, 2007 02:24PM

Hi

Thanks for that- it helps me out a lot.

Strict adherence to the rules is very much a part of the LGAT training - if you broke the rules there were severe consequences.

Much like in Life - live by the rules or pay the price - metaphorically speaking.

*waits to get flamed again*

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rswinters1 ()
Date: August 24, 2007 04:10PM

"Maxui"
Hi

Thanks for that- it helps me out a lot.

Strict adherence to the rules is very much a part of the LGAT training - if you broke the rules there were severe consequences.

Much like in Life - live by the rules or pay the price - metaphorically speaking.

*waits to get flamed again*

In Klemmer & Asssociates seminars it was a strict adherance to the rules of the seminars while in seminars. But a very flipant adherance to the social standards and relational norms of society.

Which in my opinion is what creates a huge problem as they create a paradox that blinds those who are in seminars to the aspect of the rigidness of seminar life, and the carefree walking over others that gets created in peoples personalities from how it works out in peoples psyches.

For instance. In my therapy that I have been going to. There was a book that I read that was dealing with narcissism in people. While acknowledging there is healthy narcissism in a person. There is destructive narcissism as well in some people.

Such as in the realm of "The need to be unique and special". One of the indicators used to determine when narcissism is healthy versus unhealthy is this one.

Does not obey minor laws (for example, not parking in a fire lane or other "no parking" zone).

In my opinion LGAT's are creating not people who think outside of the box in a good way. But people who believe they are outside the box as far as society goes.

Especially in regards to relationships, and what is ethical in dealing with each other.

Because as far as what these LGAT's are embedding in participants psyches. The rules of society and interpersonal relationships don't apply to them. If there is a problem it is always the other person with the problem.

That is what these LGAT's are creating in our society. People who are so self focused in a destructive manner that their behavior is not checked by themselves. Thus in some of these people. It is a running over those who get in their way.

This is not good.

Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: August 24, 2007 05:44PM

*cough* Maxui - autocratic means:

adjective 1. favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
2. of or pertaining to a governmental or political system, principle, or practice in which individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state, centered either in one person or a small group that is not constitutionally accountable to the people.
3. exercising complete or almost complete control over the will of another or of others: an authoritarian parent.

Its not about whether or not rules are followed, but who invents and enforces them and how they do that.

Your statement should be: "do as I say, or pay the price" - mafia approach, basically.

But if you're really interested in rules: the prisoners were not the ones breaking the rules. The guards were breaking the rules and re-interpreting the rules, leading to abusive of power. For example, one of the rules was something like: prisoners will eat three meals a day. The purpose of the rules was to ensure prisoners were not abused by being deprived of food. One prisoner went on a hunger strike to protest the abuse by guards, and was then punished and humiliated for breaking the "will eat" rule.

In an unjust system where power is being abused, decent humans have a responsibile to challenge that unjust authority. Too many 'played by the rules' under nazi germany, apartheid south africa, etc etc etc.

The good people, like Nelson Mandela, broke the rules.

Date: August 24, 2007 05:53PM

"Rswinters1"
In Klemmer & Asssociates seminars it was a strict adherance to the rules of the seminars while in seminars. But a very flipant adherance to the social standards and relational norms of society.

Hi rswinters welcome back :)

I agree with you that flipant adherence to the rules of society would be a bad thing - ultimately resulting in chaos.

The LGAT I attended, while insisting on strict adherence to the rules of the seminar also insisted on adherence to the rules that govern us as a society.

I am not familiar with Klemmer & Asssociates- do they punt a religious ideology as some LGATS do or no??

Turningpoint does not.

From what I have read here it seems to me that some LGATS change the rules - so to speak for their graduates and thus leave them unable to function in the outside world.

For me the very purpose of attending turningpoint was to be able to function BETTER within society.

Again this seems to be a case of not all LGATS are created equal?

and please note I am not trying to push the seminars I attended on anyone
just commenting on them
thanks

Matt

Date: August 24, 2007 06:01PM

"SaneAgain"

Your statement should be: "do as I say, or pay the price" - mafia approach, basically.

Answer me this - is life not like this?

for me it is. I know what is right and wrong - when I do wrong I get punished.

The military is like this too as are schools

"SaneAgain"
In an unjust system where power is being abused, decent humans have a responsibile to challenge that unjust authority. Too many 'played by the rules' under nazi germany, apartheid south africa, etc etc etc.

The good people, like Nelson Mandela, broke the rules.

I put it to you that the people who were not playing by the rules in the above cases were the oppressors.

The people who played by the rules (of life) were the likes of Nelson
Mandela.

I can see where this is going . It will be inferred that the LGAT trainers then are not playing by the rules. and in some instances I will agree.

some. but not all LGAT trainers do this work from greed

the remainder do this work from a place of Love, In my experience.

Date: August 24, 2007 07:23PM

Well now. I'm not really into that, but I can refer you to a good dominatrix if you're interested.

Date: August 24, 2007 08:14PM

:)

Look! we can converse like adults- woohoo :)

Matt

Date: August 24, 2007 08:51PM

Are you being sarcastic or shall I send the number?

Date: August 24, 2007 08:54PM

a little sarcastic :)

Not really into being beaten.... physically anyway

Date: August 24, 2007 08:58PM

Damn! I get commission! :lol:

Current Page: 11 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.