Current Page: 7 of 33
Quest (Johannesburg South Africa)
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 16, 2007 02:08AM

I have read your posts, Mauxi, and i find them confusing and self-contradictory.

Initially your misrepresented yourself, and withheld critical information, then berated people for their comments.

This particular forum is entitled Quest, so I will not accept responsibility for you feeling "offended"... I (and perhaps other) assumed that you had done the Quest forum. You, in your own words, "deliberately" withheld information, so for you to now take offence to their comments is just plain stupid, so get a grip!

Actions speak louder than words: walking around saying "I am Love" , "I am Peace" is meaningless to me. Show me the Love, Show me the Peace...all I feel when I read your comments is mild irritation.

With reference to honesty, or dishonesty - If The Shoe Fits Wear It!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 16, 2007 02:16AM

Hi SaneAgain,

Your "moniker" says it all, eh? Sound like you are on the road to healing,; and like I will tell my friend, we all make mistakes, and I think we get drawn into these types of "movements" because we are told not to discriminate. But if you look up that word you will find that it is not a bad word. We have to discriminate, we have to decide what is best for us, and we do that by using our powers of discrimination (sorry, I'm moving into lecture mode, :roll: )

Anyway, i guess what I am trying to say is that you have learned a valuable lesson, albeit an expensive one, you have come out the other end of a bad experience and as my daughter says to me: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" -- keep up the good work.

totsence for now,
TS

Date: August 16, 2007 07:41AM

Hi again, SaneAgain.

I was supposed to go out for dinner tonight, but it has become very hot and I don't feel up to the long drive.

I had to see my Doctor (who is a South African) this afternoon; originally I had made the appointment because I thought I might need to get some sleeping pills - this Landmark/EST business has taken its toll on me, has caused me extreme anxiety. Anyway, when I told her about my friend and the fact that she has been trying to coerce me into taking The Forum, my Doctor became quite alarmed. She shook her head and said stay away from them. She told me that her used to work as the head of the Human Resources Company in South Africa. The firm started mandating that everyone take the course (Quest), her sister refused to have any part of it and had to resign her position. My Doctor said in no undertain terms: "It - Is - A - Cult"!!!!

So, once again SaneAgain, you can feel vindicated....just thought you might like that bit of info.

later,
TS

Posted by: Maxui ()
Date: August 16, 2007 02:00PM

The Shadow
I have read your posts, Mauxi, and i find them confusing and self-contradictory.

what do you find contradictory?
The Shadow
Initially your misrepresented yourself, and withheld critical information, then berated people for their comments.

I misrepresented myself?

read the very first post of mine on this forum.

and I deliberately withheld information because I knew there would be people like you who assume that I work for a transformational company.

and I am offended because you assume that I am a liar.

Actions speak louder than words: walking around saying "I am Love" , "I am Peace" is meaningless to me. Show me the Love, Show me the Peace...all I feel when I read your comments is mild irritation.

I agree - anyone can say that they are Love or Peace. and it is infact in the doing.

With reference to honesty, or dishonesty - If The Shoe Fits Wear It

all I get from you is anger and to be honest I don't really understand why

but thats ok you live your life the angry person that you are
and I will live mine actually making a difference in the world

Have a nice day

Date: August 16, 2007 03:33PM

"Maxui"
"The Shadow"

what do you find contradictory?
"The Shadow"

I misrepresented myself?

read the very first post of mine on this forum.

and I deliberately withheld information because I knew there would be people like you who assume that I work for a transformational company.

and I am offended because you assume that I am a liar.

I agree - anyone can say that they are Love or Peace. and it is infact in the doing.

With reference to honesty, or dishonesty - If The Shoe Fits Wear It

all I get from you is anger and to be honest I don't really understand why

but thats ok you live your life the angry person that you are
and I will live mine actually making a difference in the world

Have a nice day

:lol: you're so funny! - you make such outrageously presumptive statements about people you don't even know!

Date: August 16, 2007 05:46PM

:lol: you're so funny! - you make such outrageously presumptive statements about people you don't even know!

I am tempted to ask you to qualify that statement.

anyway

I am done feeding the troll.

regardless of what you may think I hope that you do recover soon from your LGAT experience.

Matt

Posted by: billy-g ()
Date: August 16, 2007 08:09PM

While not having personally attended any LGAT, I follow the postings on the forum with interest as a very close and dear friend was seriously and negatively damaged by involvement with Quest in South Africa. I see the board as a place where people who have had negative experiences can share, learn and heal. I find the postings insightful, educational and oftentimes extremely moving. At times I am confused by some postings, and at the moment particularly confused by those of Maxui. By his own admission he found the experience of LGAT attendance extremely life changing in a positive way, and I wonder what his attraction to the forum is.

His postings seem designed to rub salt in the wound. The best analogy I can think of is that of an ex Nazi extermination camp officer joining the forum of surviving family members of victims of the holocaust and telling them that he found his war camp experience “extremely positive”. The postings add insult to injury. They rub salt in the wound. (I have no allegiance to the Jewish faith, and no axe to grind with the German nation; it just seemed an good analogy).

Perhaps I should address my confusion directly to Maxui: what is your reason and purpose for participation in this forum?

Date: August 17, 2007 12:34AM

To questionLady,sswinters, vic-luc, sandAgain, and all others who have been so helpful and allowed me to vent, I think I have some good news.

I had a long chat with my friend, and she told me she is not taking calles from Landmark or returning their messages, she has refused to help at a seminar in September and she said she has a letter from them which she has left unopened....so....i tried not to sound too overjoyed when she told me this...

It is early days yet, so while I am breathing a sigh of relief (somewhat) I won't be completely convinced until after October when she is supposed to take the SElF course.

But she does not have the money for that, and none of her other friends will even go to a presentation, let alone join. Her dad won't take the course, even tho' his wife has taken it, so she has not signed up even ONE new victim.., ops, I mean "recruit". We are just not taking the BAIT!

Date: August 17, 2007 01:32PM

billy-g
Perhaps I should address my confusion directly to Maxui: what is your reason and purpose for participation in this forum?

Hi Billy-g

My reason for participating in this forum are two fold.

I was interested to find out why when my experience was very positive others found it extremely damaging.

the other reason was to offer my views on the subject and engage in healthy debate.

However in the very short time I have been here I have been met with nothing but abuse from most members of this forum - aside from SaneAgain who was the only person to engage in reasoned argument without resorting to name calling and insinuation that I was in the employ of one or other LGAT group and I honour her for that.

Your comments have shed a little light on why that is.

I would not use the Nazi analogy myself being of German and Jewish stock
however I do take your point.

I have been like a healthy person in a cancer ward going "Hey I am healthy! Chemo worked for me! -screw you guys"

Thank you for that insight.

To those who I have rubbed proverbial salt into I apologise and see now that my posts altho well intended may have caused more pain then good
and as such I will no longer be posting here.

If anyone wishes to continue to discuss the pro's and cons of LGATS with me PM me and I will provide alternate contact details.

Thank you again Billy-g for your insight

Matt

Posted by: elena ()
Date: August 17, 2007 10:20PM

Maxui

I was interested to find out why when my experience was very positive others found it extremely damaging.

There is no shortage of people who will defend pyramid schemes, multi-level-marketing, or network-marketing. Generally, these people have very, very flattering things to say about these sales structures. You are just another one.

the other reason was to offer my views on the subject and engage in healthy debate.

We've already heard it all.

However in the very short time I have been here I have been met with nothing but abuse from most members of this forum

You might want to check your definition of abuse.

- aside from SaneAgain who was the only person to engage in reasoned argument without resorting to name calling and insinuation that I was in the employ of one or other LGAT group and I honour her for that.

Your comments have shed a little light on why that is.

I would not use the Nazi analogy myself being of German and Jewish stock
however I do take your point.

I have been like a healthy person in a cancer ward going "Hey I am healthy! Chemo worked for me! -screw you guys"

No. You are more like one of the early participants in a pyramid/MLM who got or is getting his reward and wants to defend the whole structure to keep his "down-lines" contributing.

Thank you for that insight.

To those who I have rubbed proverbial salt into I apologise and see now that my posts altho well intended may have caused more pain then good
and as such I will no longer be posting here.

If anyone wishes to continue to discuss the pro's and cons of LGATS with me PM me and I will provide alternate contact details.

Thank you again Billy-g for your insight

Matt

Again,

We've already heard it. Whether it's Quest, Insight, Landmark, PSI, Impact, or any of the other copy-cat LGATs, they are all predictable and boring as would be your "healthy debate."

Here's the low-down: All these groups offer some kind of "bait." They all pretend not to be in the psychology business but they all practice rudimentary and amateur kinds of basic psychology or psychotherapy that has been twisted into odd configurations to suit their own purposes -- think scientology. In order to survive they have to provide ~something.~ You've mistaken this ~something~ for the whole. You are in the same position as any adolescent who got his first sexual encounter from a prostitute. Sure, go right ahead and crow about your "experience" but many of us know it for what it was. Don't be so arrogant as to think we haven't seen others like you who've postured predictably as you have. These cookie-cutter groups put out a cookie-cutter "grad."

Ellen

Current Page: 7 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.