Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Special Introduction About The Landmark Forum
Posted by: kittymom1979 ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:56AM

Hey guys, I am thinking about attending this event as a way to get inside my friend's (who has become brainwashed by Landmark) mind. Is there anything I need to know before I go, do I need to call before or can I just show up do I have to give my real name or can I give an alias (do they check IDs at the door)? What should I expect there? I want to be completly armed before I go in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: May 23, 2007 06:52AM

Hi Kitty,

Are you a paid up customer? I think the only Landmark-for-free session is the introduction, which is an invite-only affair. Did your friend invite you to this? Otherwise, as I stated above, if you don't fill in the forms and pay your money you won't get in the door (which is not a bad thing LOL).

If by some miracle (or should that be curse) you do get to attend, just be aware that you will be a very small minority. To get an idea of this phenomena think hyped-up rock & roll speaking in tongues fire and brimstone church service... :twisted:

But it would seem that you'll be going with a sense of integrity. Just don't let them tell you their dogmatic version of the truth is superior to your own.

Good luck!

Posted by: maurice ()
Date: May 23, 2007 07:49AM

I would strogly advise you NOT to go there ever, for whatever reson, but if you are sure you are going to take the risk, i would like to give you a couple of important tips:
if you HAVE TO fill the form, if you really can't manage to avoid it, DO NOT give phone numbers or adresses. Have a fake number and a fake adress ready to give them. I don't think they will go as far as doing research to find your numbers, that's unlikely, but just to be sure don't give them your surname either. It's not paranoid as it may seem: "do you have Kitty's number?" "Kitty who?" "Kitty REAL-SURNAME" "oh, yes i know her, there you have it. call her and say hi from me". It's as easy as that.
But the most important thing is: unless you absolutely can't leave home without them, DO NOT BRING your cards, chequebooks or cash. DON'T HAVE MONEY WITH YOU (except travel expences, if any). That way whatever happens they won't be able to sign you up there.
Let me give you a third advice. They can be really, really, really insistent and really really annoying. So rember: IT IS OK TO TELL THEM "F*** OFF". Don't bother to be polite if they pass the line. IT'S OK IF YOU DON'T EXPLAIN "WHY NOT?". you don't have to explain anything to them. This is important. One of their trick is "why don't you want to register?"
"because x"
"is x important to you? would you like a breakthrough in x? a new way of dealing with x? in the forum you can!" They will prey on the smallest thing they can make you say, so don't explain yourself. Try "Which part of "NO" did you not understand?"

PS ask them how is the weather in the cayman islands. they'll know what it means.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: May 23, 2007 05:40PM

Are you a paid up customer? I think the only Landmark-for-free session is the introduction, which is an invite-only affair. Did your friend invite you to this? Otherwise, as I stated above, if you don't fill in the forms and pay your money you won't get in the door (which is not a bad thing LOL).

If by some miracle (or should that be curse) you do get to attend, just be aware that you will be a very small minority. To get an idea of this phenomena think hyped-up rock & roll speaking in tongues fire and brimstone church service...

the special introduction to the landmark forum is just an introduction so anyone can go and it is free. It is the introduction that is lead by a Landmark forum leader instead of just an introduction leader. They make a big deal of it but basically its still an introduction.

You will be pressured and manipulated to sign up.

You will be asked to complete a form with your name and phone number so that they can ring you later if you don't sign up. give them your first name but not your last or your phone number.

As for saying no, I don't believe you need to swear or anything else. Just firmly say no and then say please don't continue pressuring me (the pressure thing is always a big issue to people assisting as many of them don't want to be pressuring others)

and when it comes to the cayman islands most people assisting won't have a clue what is meant by that. Its not common knowledge that this is where Jack Rosenberg is apparently living.

The question I would have is why would you want to put yourself in to a position where you could be brainwashed into participating into this programme.

Posted by: kittymom1979 ()
Date: May 23, 2007 11:37PM

Thank you all for your advice, I am going to be going into "enemy teritory" on June 20th, wish me luck, I am going to go into this thinking its a "date" with a guy who I know is only on the date to sleep with me and I will say no, LOL funny way of thinking about it huh?

Posted by: maurice ()
Date: May 24, 2007 03:36AM

As for saying no, I don't believe you need to swear or anything else.

yes maybe i was exagerating, sorry, it's still a touchy subject but i was trying to say the same..

and when it comes to the cayman islands most people assisting won't have a clue

that was a joke! :)

Date: May 24, 2007 04:43AM

Kitty, I am going to step in here after a long time of not posting (but absorbing a lot of information, thank you!) to urge you to be very careful. I have managed to stay away from the introductory session, but have been approached by my supervisor a number of times. I finally had to say in Very Clear Words: No, this is not something I will ever get involved in. Anyway, I know of a couple people who did attend her introductory sessions. One simply did not have the funds and couldn't sign up for the weekend. The other realized after returning home from that first meeting that she had another obligation. When called by a LF rep to give over her credit card number, she explained what happened. Well, that just wasn't good enough for LF. She had given HER WORD to attend, NOTHING could be more important. She had made a COMMITTMENT to attend. My colleague made it clear she would not be attending. They sent her a bill for the weekend! They didn't stop harrassing her until she threatened to call a lawyer. In other words, Landmark is relentless about enrolling you. Once they get you there, they work hard to keep you. So, please follow the good advice given above and please, be careful!

Date: May 24, 2007 09:58AM

The Caymans? The 'special' volunteer spokesman didn't even know or acknowledge a connection between Rosenberg and Landmark!

There are many sinister moments at this Intro, but, for me, the worst was when small groups were led into private rooms to hear the 'wise' words of Landmark Education. It's a total bore. I put up with it waiting for a chance for question time. Now, get this. You cannot ask questions in a public forum...this 'guru' takes you aside and attempts to answer your questions. But like the mrons this type of thing breeds, he had very limited knowledge. I suppose it's got something to do with their tired dogma: things you know you know; things you know you don't know; things you don't know you know!

I think you can guess where this enlightened being was coming from!!!

Date: May 24, 2007 12:29PM

There is no obligation to give personal information. I didn't. I mean, I didn't even wear my name badge...yes, they will want you to wear a name badge, but just slip it into your pocket or into the bin!

My personal feelings about this kind of thing is that I want firsthand experience so that I can see for myself. I can fully appreciate those who don't want to put themselves in harm's way. Call me curious; call me plain stupid...but, importantly, it is my choice to see the colours of this kind of dis-ease.

I fully support others with similar intentions because it is important to see how this kind of marketing operates and, perhaps, what resources I have as an individual to deal with it. Unfortunately, many are suckered in/broken down and that's a shame...and something I would never suggest. But from the little I've gathered from your query, I think you'd come out with your senses intact.

By no means give personal details (full name, credit card details, home or work address, etc). I know that Landmark is very pro-active in wanting to make contact with prospective clients.

Hey, and I'm not suggesting you'll come out of the experience feeling good. Angry, perhaps. But what substitute for firsthand experience?

Date: May 24, 2007 12:32PM

kittymom1979
Thank you all for your advice, I am going to be going into "enemy teritory" on June 20th, wish me luck, I am going to go into this thinking its a "date" with a guy who I know is only on the date to sleep with me and I will say no, LOL funny way of thinking about it huh?

Kitty, that's the right attitute! As I've already stated, by attending you'll have more to 'fight' with and for.

Tells us how it went, okay?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.