Current Page: 18 of 21
Re: PSI Seminars: Legal Action?
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:13AM

I hear the Denver office is losing newbies and starting to advertise on Facebook. Hell I thought they were getting sued by an ex-employee?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 14, 2009 12:12AM

I wonder how the law suit is going?

Date: January 09, 2010 11:35PM

I wonder how the fire investigation is going since the ranch burned to the ground. Glad no one was hurt but I was glad to see this might close them down.

Date: February 13, 2010 10:00AM

I had to laugh at this one. PSI does it again!!!!

"1. Written by Bruce, on 31-01-2010 10:46

I dated a woman I met on eharmony last week. Her profile showed she was somewhat down to earth. On the second date I found out she was involved with PSI as she actually started trying to recruit me to this. She came off sounding like a nut. I had never heard of these groups so I googled it and found this site.

There won't be a third date."

Date: March 01, 2010 12:34AM

The following was found on PSI. This idiot says PSI Seminars is offering the seminars for FREE. The link and article follow. FREE??? I think not!!!

[www.officialwire.com]

Self Improvement Company PSI Seminars Helps Others Realize Their Goals
Many people around the world find that their life is just not going the direction they wanted it to follow. They become dissatisfied in their work, relationships begin to experience trouble
Published on February 27, 2010

by Andrew Karvert

(OfficialWire)

LOS ANGELES, CA
Psi Seminars is pleased to announce that their Psi Basic seminars are being held in varying locations each week. These free seminars are an opportunity for those who feel that something is missing from their lives to learn more about themselves and to see what changes can be made within that will lead to an easier time reaching their goals in life.

Many people who attend Psi Basic seminars choose to go on and attend the more advanced classes offered that are designed to help them improve their lives from the inside out. The first step is to get to know oneself completely and learn what it is that is really wanted out of life. The next step is to learn about some steps that can be taken to realign oneself with these desires and dreams and help to make them happen.

Graduates of the total program have found that they have a much easier time recognizing what they want and taking the steps to make these desires a reality. A person will come away from these seminars with an entirely new attitude and approach to life that will make any goal attainable.

For more information about Psi Seminars and the different levels of self improvement training they provide, visit their website at www.psiseminars.com. Press members seeking more information about this company and its services may contact them at

Psi Seminars

11650 High Valley Road

Clearlake Oaks, CA 95423

T (707) 998-2222

F (707) 998-2233

E psi@psiseminars.com
Contact
Andrew Karvert
Andrew Karvert
andrewkarvert@gmail.com
Tel: +1 (440) 505-7386

Date: March 11, 2010 08:43AM

Ok, folks check this out. One of the PSI PLD Team's Avatar. Guess their living their reality. Too bad it’s not real.

[groups.yahoo.com]

I am out of agreement with my posts of my wins....

Friday 3/5 Needless to say, the win was a team win

Saturday 3/6 The win for the day was not being tired and wanting to do more.

Sunday 3/7 One of my goals is financial. The win is having business starting to
flow to me.

Monday 3/8 The win today is realizing that it is OK to take a break and have
some "me time" in order to realign

Tuesday 3/9 The win today was spending more time in meditative thought and
repeating positive affirmations to relax.

Raquel <anasworld22@...>
Hello team

Just reaching out to share with everyone how much you are loved and appreciated
! Please let me know what I can do to help support you in reaching your goals
I am excited for tomorrow night... Ladies let's get ready to bring our Sexy On!
Men too! Woo hoo!!!

I am a Gentle Valuable Breathtaking woman
Courageously taking center stage in my Life Now!

My goodness that's feels Awesome to say that!

Huge shift from the first weekend of PLD I am accepting my greatness!

Date: March 24, 2010 10:31AM

Sorry for the double post, I wanted to spread the word to several others on this thread. Thanks for this article Maria. The link is attached.

[74.125.153.132]

Page last updated at: Mon, 08 February 2010 14:17 PM UTC
Beware of the dark side
by Maria Itziar
The dark side of cults: Unsuspecting people are often swindled out of money and brain-washed. [Richard Twilton]At first glance, Ian Haworth is an average British man who wouldn’t seem different from you or me.

However, unlike the average person he has an incredible story to tell.
It was back in 1978, when Ian decided to quit smoking and, after some research, decided to go to Toronto, Canada, for a four-day seminar guaranteed to fix all levels of addiction.

As it turned out the PSI Seminar (Personal Success Institute) he attended was not quite what it seemed and had absolutely nothing to do with smoking , but would still become the most memorable excursion of his life.

The PSI Seminars are run by a private organisation which offers large group awareness training courses, or so they claim. Set up by Thomas and Jane Willhite in 1973, the programme promises self-help and training in order to nurse people out of their issues, charging a large sum of money in the process.

Some customers who have attended PSI seminars in the past claim the programme works like a cult, where peer group pressure and removal of privacy become daily routine in the life of a PSI member.

Within four days Ian was ready to dedicate his life to the group and proceeded willingly to hand over all his wealth, and he resigned from work.
Handpicked According to Howarth, the idea of joining a cult voluntarily is absurd, most of the CIC members are carefully hand picked through a recruitment process. He said: “Each individual character’s weaknesses and interests are detected and exploited for maximum possible result.”
During the recruitment process a heavy was on the door, limiting everyone’s movements in the seminar; a time when people are most likely to realise what is happening and try to escape. Although ironically once you become a member of the group, there is no fortified barricade, allowing free flow in and out.

During his two-and-a-half weeks in the cult, Ian recalls a massive personality change, going from a passive and relaxed young man to a very violent and aggressive character. “I would drive home at speeds of up to 105 mph,” he said, fuelling his feelings of invincibility.
This strange disposition led to his friends and family being scared and concerned, and even resulted in his girlfriend’s confrontation with the PSI itself, demanding to know how it was possible that Ian could have such a rapid personality transformation in such a small period of time.
Realisation

Ian’s moment of realisation came when his neighbour, who previously he had targeted for recruitment, showed him the front page of the Toronto Star Newspaper, a very respected broadsheet, where the journalist Sidney Katz had written an investigative piece condemning the PSI and all of its tactics.
The story came about when one of the cult members was found to have psychiatric problems and ended up being admitted to a mental institution.
After reading the appalling article, Ian contacted the journalist in search of some answers, and was invited into his office. After being greeted with tea, biscuits and friendly conversation, Ian’s perspective started to change when to Katz offered to help him get his life back on track.
After this revelation, Ian decided to leave the PSI in July of 1979. Thankfully down to his boss’s kindness, his resignation papers (that were never filed) were torn up, reinstating his previous position in the company after he had completed an 11 month recovery period.

Ian Haworth “In order to begin the process of recovery, victims are given booklets and handouts to learn how to read again.”

In June 1987, Ian created the CIC, the Cult Information Centre, which is focused on offering aid and counselling to cult victims and their families.
With his own story in mind and after becoming aware of events in Jonestown, Guyana which claimed the lives of 918 members of the People’s Temple cult, Ian realised it could easily have been him. Due to its continual success, the CIC was finally granted charitable status in 1992.
Helping victims Cult victims can suffer hallucinations, amnesia, violent tendencies, rapid weight change and insomnia to name but a few. The type of counselling that takes place during recovery involves friendly conversations and talking through issues in order to make the person feel normal and take the weight off their shoulders.

According to Haworth, “In order to begin the process of recovery, victims are given booklets and handouts to learn how to read again”, an ability that is commonly lost among cult members.

Throughout the years Ian has met several people with similar stories to tell, themselves recovering group members. “The people who are mainly targeted are those who come from wealthy backgrounds and those who are of average to above average intelligence."

"Members of the Jewish community are also targeted but people with mental illnesses are almost never chosen as they are by far the hardest to convert,” Haworth claims.

He doesn’t view himself as a success despite the many people he has helped, saying: “I would only consider myself successful if I was out of a job because there would be nobody left to assist.”

Despite all efforts, the cult phenomenon is still growing, with TV shows such as Doctor Who and vidoe game World Of Warcraft attracting huge following, and without the correct education it will continue to grow.

However, France seem to have found a way to combat the situation. In 2001 we saw the implementation of the Picard Law, a legislation set up with the aim of undermining cult movements, which is slowly but surely making a difference."

I would like this to happen in the United States.

Posted by: Hailey331 ()
Date: March 27, 2010 03:57AM

"BCT's" It's a pld acronym that refers to the use of "but, can't, try." If any of these words are used while "playing" pld, you have a dollar amount for each offense that goes into a jar (and likely into psi's pocket.) All they do is solicit money and promote there followers to ask for help from 'those who surround and support you." This just translates into asking for a hand out.

Sad to say I was taken by the Basic and Psi7. The hard sell that they promote is relentless and guilt driven. It's impressive actually. I've watched more friends get divorced, go bankrupt and and regret a world of decisions thru psi. Ultimately, they are a business that makes money and makes it well. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU COMMIT TO ANYTHING WITH THESE PEOPLE. I could write about how twisted this place is for pages.......

Posted by: Hailey331 ()
Date: March 27, 2010 04:04AM

A Hawaiian graduate of PSI 7 recently killed himself. Are they related? Who knows?

I certainly don't think they have anyones best interest in mind other then their credit card number.

Date: March 27, 2010 09:16AM

Hailey331
"BCT's" It's a pld acronym that refers to the use of "but, can't, try." If any of these words are used while "playing" pld, you have a dollar amount for each offense that goes into a jar (and likely into psi's pocket.) All they do is solicit money and promote there followers to ask for help from 'those who surround and support you." This just translates into asking for a hand out.

Sad to say I was taken by the Basic and Psi7. The hard sell that they promote is relentless and guilt driven. It's impressive actually. I've watched more friends get divorced, go bankrupt and and regret a world of decisions thru psi. Ultimately, they are a business that makes money and makes it well. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU COMMIT TO ANYTHING WITH THESE PEOPLE. I could write about how twisted this place is for pages.......

Hailey thanks for the insight about BCT's. Please write of your experiences. Maybe if people read how this effected you they would think twice about getting involved with PSI. God Bless

Current Page: 18 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.