Current Page: 15 of 21
Re: PSI Seminars: Legal Action?
Posted by: Rudy ()
Date: February 19, 2009 09:38AM

what a nightmare. I can relate to this and hope my wife doesn't turn into someone like this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: March 08, 2009 10:01AM

Sorry Rudy, All I can tell you is try and be patient. The effects of this are LONG TERM. Mine lasted more than three years and I still have issues with this. Good Luck.

Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: March 24, 2009 12:35PM

This explains it.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: April 07, 2009 01:23PM

I found this on a complaint board.

Posted: 2009-03-31 by Thai

PSI unlicensed practice
Complaint Rating:
I just took the PSI basic last weekend looking for self improvement. Yes, people should learn and grow. Yes, change is hard and you need to come out of your comfort zone. Yes, life isn't want you expected and you've either disappointed yourself or others. Yes, you want to make a difference and awaken the spirit within you. However...don't get caught like Hansel and Gretel...so hungry that they couldn't resist. What's missing in your life? What are you hungry for? Be smart on how you get it.

What doesn't look right, smell right, sound right...(however that saying goes) probably isn't right.

1. What kind of legitimate education course runs till midnight on Thur and Fri? Then have you come back full day Sat and Sun? Think about it.

2. What kind of course asks you to pay $500 -$700 but won't tell you what it's all about. You're not going to the movies. You won't find good surprises here, although you'll be lured into thinking so. Instead, you'll come back with problems you never knew you had. I don't call that a surprise...and it's not the right kind of personal insight either. There are better ways.

3. If there are negative blogs all over the net regarding this seminar doesn't it ring alarm bells? Keep surfing, get enough info to make an informed decision. I spent over 8hrs finding loads of info, unfortunately only after I went to the basic. Be smart!

If you still decide you'd like to go. What price are you willing to pay? Not financially but cognitively. Would you open your mind to someone who isn't even a licensed practioner? I was there...I don't care if it's hypnotism, brainwashing whatever. It's guided imagery where they take you back in time and conjure some of your deepest feelings as a kid. I think the practice is beneficial but not done in a group setting by some facilitator!

Even if you go in there thinking you're smart with no issues and you're all happy, they won't get you...well be very careful. My happy go lucky friends who were satisfied with life came out wanting more. The facilitator will want you to be in the now, be open, listen, get your money's worth. And everyone else around you is getting so much out of it. Don't feel that you have to get it. That's when they'll get you. The countless exercises will get you. The meditation, the voice of the narrator, the dim lights, the imagery will get you.

And most importantly, do not get suckered into signing up for the next course on the last day (Sunday). $6000 is not cheap. Ever heard of buyer's remorse? You can get quality education (Universites - continuing education programs), enlightment, and practictioners for that kind of money. Get it from the right people.

I don't know what it's called or what it is but I notice that my feelings are now somehow attached to that seminar. I can hear the facilitators voice in my head to keep my word, don't be a victim, be a contributor, it's not for everyone, it's my choice, speak from the "I", "What other people think is none of my business", don't be a sand wasp, conditioning/ programs, 100% intention, win-win...oh did they every distort this philosophy. And the peace of mind model...??? Take a close look at it. Does it make any sense? What does career and financial have anything to do with mental? There are other models out there. Take only what make sense to you.

I'm the type of person who reads the stuff online but won't contribute whether good or bad. However this time, I think it's really important to not be passive, please please share your thoughts for all to hear. Get the word around...ya, they got me motivated alright...to shut them down!

Believe what you want. According to them, I'm creating a story and seeing only what I want to see. I'm not asking you to justify my story. What you think it none of my business. However be open, you don't know what you don't know...and if you're having doubts about this program...you know more than you think you do. Think it through...I"m not your obstacle or your negative support group. Just remember the Nightingale fairy tale.

[www.complaintsboard.com]

Date: April 11, 2009 10:14AM

Ghost Dancer, you need to get back here and tell us how things turned out with your wife and the physical, emotional and legal issues you and she faced because attended PSI Seminars.

Found this on another blog.

Re: Help and Advice
(Anonymous)
2009-01-29 04:35 pm UTC (link)
I have a client who came to me and wanted me to go to these seminars. She gave me some information, but I wasn't fully aware of the methods or tools used. With that being said, I trusted her and signed up, paid my $495 and never once thought about checking the website out or researching anything. Well, one of my other clients was approached by the same person, and quickly called me to see if I had been approached to sign up. I told her of course and I signed up and forked over my $495. My other client told me to quickly cancel the seminar which was starting in a month and that it was a "cult". I started doing my own research and was immediately shocked at all the information I found.

The next morning, I told my client (the one that signed me up) that I would not be attending and she wanted to know why. I told her that I had been doing some research and was convinced this wasn't for me. She then told me that she had been a part of this group for 2 1/2 years and it has been the best thing for her. I started crying because I have been knowing her for 1 yr and she is a basket case on emotional roller coasters daily, but I never knew she was involved in this group. I had never even heard of PSI. She basically told me that she takes what she wants from the classes and leaves the rest. I am really upset as I watch her 1 yr old son and had been wondering what was going on. He constantly cries and is just unhappy. She told me she is in some 90 day course where she has only been seeing him one night a week. I just don't see what is more important than your family and health. She stated she was fine, cried and went to work.

I immediately started emailing and calling PSI including the corporate office and got nothing. Then, I received an email from PSI stating their bullshit tuition refund policy. So in order to receive a refund, you must attend the full class, bullshit. I replied to them with, I will not be attending any of your seminars and do not want to be associated with your group. I was not fully informed of the methods used to teach the tools in order for me to make the decision that was best for me. I then told them I demand a full refund and that I was going to the Attorney General's Office and seeking an attorney for advice.

My client came in with my $500 and told me she was sorry and that I need to do what is best for me. She was a totally different person when she came in, she grabbed her son and his things and left.

Later I got a call from her apologizing for not fully informing me of the methods and tools and hopes that I don't think she was trying to trick/fool me. I just told her that it wasn't her fault I should have done my own research and made a sound decision before giving up my money.

This morning she showed up with a new attitude and her son is still this crying and screaming child. What should I do? He is so innocent and to me it is abuse and neglect.

Date: April 19, 2009 12:37AM

Steve989
This morning she showed up with a new attitude and her son is still this crying and screaming child. What should I do? He is so innocent and to me it is abuse and neglect.

If this person is abusing her child, regardless if she's a PSI graduate or not, someone needs to report this to the police of child protective services.

Date: April 27, 2009 05:02AM

I found this on another website:

“Attend a PSI seminar with eight of my closest, newly-converted PSI buddies. While I’m at it, why don’t we refinance the house to pay for their upper level seminars too? ***, let’s just give them the house for their weekly PSI meetings. That would seriously be the lamest thing I think anyone could ever do.

People whose loved ones got involved with this group said after the person in question attends the big seminar (its like a week long retreat) they usual break up with their significant other 30 days afterwards then go and do really crazy poo poo - like buying houses and cars they have no way to afford, quit their jobs, and its really common they hook up with someone they met at the retreat or start dating people they met on internet dating services.

They commented that the "core group" that they were with at the seminar become their support circle and they have constant contact for awhile. They support each other through all the radical decision they make after the seminar. Then after everyone's life goes haywire due to the batsh*t behavior they lose contact and everyone spins off in their own orbit of crazy. They then just promote and staff the local events (that are just recruiting new members) so they can go to the next level retreat. (I think there are 3 major levels of retreats and you are not allowed to contact any outsiders during it (no phone calls, cell phones, email, nothing) totally isolated from your normal circle and surrounded with fellow recruits and members only.

That about sums it up. Want to Join this Batsh*t Now?”

Then I was checking out PSI on FACEBOOK and found a perfect example of what happens when your so brainwashed by PSI Seminars:

Heather wrote at 3:44pm on March 4th, 2009
Hey Everyone! I am so driven in life now that I have graduated WLS. I did the Basic Seminar Jan 29th, four days later went to PSI 7, and then five days later went to WLS. I see the vision. I have felt the urgency needed to make changes in my life and my true vision came to me at WLS. My vision and purpose in life is to be of service to those all over the world. I will create and cause some kind of change in this world. PSI Seminars has a great vision, but it needs to be taken a step further or the vision will die. I will be a part of creating the first of many expansions of PSI all over the world. The first step for me, is getting to principia, so that I may also become a facilitator. With that being said, I am asking for support from my fellow PSI graduates. I exhausted my credit cards and bank account just doing what it took to get through Basic to WLS this last month. I need to raise $3800 to go to principia by March 6th, this friday (to get the discounted price anyway).

Now tell me this is “Normal.”

Date: May 01, 2009 11:52AM

ExLand
Having read some of the other threads on the wright institute, I believe you have every right to be very concerned about your daughter. From what I've read it is absolutely cult-like!

The other bit of info I have for you, is that when I was involved in a different controversial group, they used traumatic memories to break me down and while I was in that traumatised state my brain formed a parallel new identity. They took advantage of this new identity and tried to stengthen it by indoctrinating it with the groups ideology and values/beliefs. The only reason it didn't work was because I eventually suffered a psychotic breakdown and was thus ejected from the group. After leaving, it took me about three weeks to realise and believe that the group was to blame for what had happened. After that it took me about three months to re-integrate my cult-identity with my original identity with the help of a hypnotherapist. Whilst the two identities were still seperate it was like a living hell, I had two distinct voices in my head which caused me to be delusional. The voice of the cult-identity was initially very strong, louder than my original identities voice, this made things very difficult. Over time and with the help of my therapist I did eventually manage to figure things out and understand how to quiet that cult voice. Every now and then it still pops it ugly head up and tries to plant seeds of doubt in my mind, this is six months down the line. I guess my point is that your daughter may seem normal on the phone because her original identity might be the identity that wishes to phone you, and thus she appears to be her old self. The chances are that when she is at the institute her cult-identity is almost always in charge due to the pressure of the group dynamics at the institute.

I really believe you should get in touch with an exit-counselor or else a trained hypnotherapist whom you can help to educate about the processes involved in thought reform and mind control. Do not get angry with your daughter what ever you do. I remember when my parents first tried to tell me that they had found negative info about the group I was involved with, I didn't want to hear it at all- I was very defensive about it.

Good luck with the visit to her next month, just try to be as loving and caring as you can possibly be, and maybe every now and then try to subtley plant seeds of doubt in her mind about your misgivings about the institute. Most importantly don't try to do this alone- seek professional advice.

Exland

Samuel
ExLand
Most importantly don't try to do this alone- seek professional advice.

Exland

I agree with this. Seek Professional help. Seek out someone who has knowledge of LGAT's. My wife, upon her return from the PSI Ranch, told me that she wanted to go to marriage counseling; she left a couple of weeks later.

I had no idea what PSI was about and only learned about it after my wife left. I continued to see the counselor and after learning about PSI I asked the counselor about LGAT's and she had no idea what they were.

I sometimes wonder if my wife was setting me up with the counseling to begin with. I was not the type to go to counseling and I think she was going to use this as an excuse to leave if I had refused to go. Now I realize my marriage was in trouble after her return from this "program" and I only wanted to save my marriage. I loved my wife. I loved her enough to sit in counseling and talk to a stranger in order to save my marriage. And I still failed.

Date: May 14, 2009 03:24PM

Another PSI Idiot heard from.

Found this posted on another site.

"Posted: 2009-05-13 by Jim S

No Complaint
Complaint Rating: 0 % with 1 votes
Company information:
PSI Seminars
Las Vegas, Nevada
United States

I have no complaints This is my experience:

I was first urged to take the PSI Basic Seminar in January 2002 by my personal trainer. I signed up and took the class a month later. The Basic Seminar is a great seminar that changed my life in a profound way for the better. I used to be very afraid of people and now I consider myself a leader ready to take on any kind of challenge. This class was simply huge for me.

After 2 months I could feel myself slipping into my old ways of thinking. So I came back to staff the Basic Seminar in May 2002. It was again a huge experience for me. I signed up for the next class called PSI 7 (AKA The Life Success Course). I attended the class with great anticipation in July 2002. The class starts out rather rocky in that the facilitators are hard on the class the first two days. Slowly one lesson at a time you get a chance to see how your thinking and your perceptions are holding you back from achieving more in life. In this class you are able to see how your thinking processes hold you back from achieving more. On Day 5, some who take the class report an epiphany as students are given an opportunity to achieve more in one day than they ever have in their lives. The light bulbs go off and most students go through dramatic positive changes on this day. I like to call this class the greatest seminar in the history of mankind.

Men’s Leadership Seminar (MLS) is a further extension of PSI 7. This class is under constant change and the content changes slightly from year to year. In this class the facilitators give the students the opportunity to step up and become leaders. If a student shows up and displays leadership qualities, that is fine. If the student shows up and displays follower qualities, that is fine too. Together the leadership class and PSI 7 have been described as being Very Intense. If they were not intense, you would not get any growth out of them.

Those persons in this forum and others who complain about PSI Seminars are basically victims who are looking for an easy way out of everything. The truth of the matter is that those things really worth having are difficult. This is the case here too. One of the beautiful things about PSI Seminars is that there are no tests and no one will get in your face and force you to do something that you do not want to do. For those weak individuals who like to complain about everything, they certainly will be challenged and will be resistant to change of any kind.

PSI Seminars is not a cult. It is operated as a seminar company with a devoted collection of alumni who feel loyal to the company. Jim S"

It looks like Jim is not getting "IT."

Date: May 15, 2009 01:30AM

Check this out.

"Mad Mike
Sunday, July 06, 2008

Message me

Deanna Carlock
Friday, May 02, 2008

Hello,

My name is Deanna Carlock and I work for PSI Seminars. I was browsing the web and found your website because it has a link for PSI Seminars on it. We are working on a project to take control of what is found about PSI in Google Yahoo and the internet!

We are trying to do is essentially trail Google to pay attention to pages that we know are good pages for the search "psi seminars" so that the negative pages do not appear high on the results. This is what we need your help to do! Essentially, because you have a website or blog you have a "Vote" on what is important out there, our job will be to send in the votes to the pages that are going to do the most good in terms of presenting a positive message (or at least an accurate one) to people when they search for PSI.

Since you already have a link on your blog for PSI Seminars, would you be willing to add a few more links to help optimize out position on the Google search engine? Please let me know if this is something you're interested in helping with.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Deanna Carlock

"We are working on a project to take control of what is found about PSI in Google Yahoo and the internet!" Isn't that something. They are trying to take "control." I wonder if that means they are losing new recruits? Good Luck with that Deanna.

Current Page: 15 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.