Current Page: 3 of 21
PSI Seminars: Legal Action?
Posted by: Ghost Dancer ()
Date: May 26, 2007 10:18PM

Question lady; Thank you for your response. I have looked at the post you suggested. I have tried to be kind and supportive with this situation.

I have to ask. While dealing with your situation did your husband seem to swing from one mood to another with this? My wife seems to come home from these coffee meetings she going to with a "high" on and starts acting there is nothing in the world but this group. For example we were to attend a recital for our youngest daughter. My wife decided that she needed to keep her appointment with her PSI group telling me that it was more important.

This upset my daughter, which lead to a confrontation between the girls and their mother. Believe me; I have never had anything like this happen in my house. The three of them were thick as thieves before my wife attended PSI.

Her emotions swing back and forth so much it's hard to guage where she is at at any given time. Someone asked me if she was bi-polar? In the 21 years I've known her I would have said no, but this has set off something in her that I just can't explain.

I thank you again for your advice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chastain ()
Date: May 27, 2007 02:00AM

Ghost Dancer, I just read all the posts on here and wanted to ask if you've had any luck with the authorities reporting PSI? I lost my girlfriend to this a few weeks ago, shortly after she returned from PSI7. I called the better business bureau in y state and was told they had no listing for PSI seminars. The clerk who looked it up asked if I had an address for the office where I live. He looked up the address, which is in an office complex, and found PSI was listed under another name. He said this sounded like some sort of shell game to him where they hide under the radar using another name. When he asked what the complaint was I told him about the problems with my girlfriend and what I read here on this board. I must admit I sounded like I was somewhat crazy. Hell I sometimes don't believe this myself. The clerk said he would make a note of the complaint, whatever that means.

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: May 30, 2007 11:44AM

Dear Ghost Dancer,

I can relate to what you are describing. Sometimes, hubby would seem to be fine, connected to himself and reality, and then he would listen to a Release Technique conference call & it was like he flipped back into what I call "vacant euphoria". The group my husband is in does not have meetings in town thankfully. I imagine that would make it worse.

Sometimes I would gently ask if he was okay, and tell him it seems like he kind of "checked out".

It is like a drug, a high as you say, and like the junkie, nothing is more important to them than the drug.

Yet people can and do get out. It will be a process. Hang in there.

Date: June 02, 2007 09:13PM

Man, what a night!!!! I couldn’t believe the timing of this, nor would I have ever thought something like this would happen. My wife came home last night from one of her “coffee” meeting a little upset. It seems her “group” had chastised her for being a couple of minutes late. When she got home she received a call from one of her “new buddies” and they talked about the situation from their meeting in whispered voices. She almost started crying and said she was sorry she was late, but no one accepted the excuse that traffic was terrible. I even heard her say she “was out of integrity.” When she got off the phone she was somewhat tight lipped about what had happen and would only give me one word answers. I swear I wanted to explode. That was until she sat down to watch TV with my oldest daughter and me.

Now, I couldn’t have timed this better if I had planned it myself because we were watching an episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. It just so happens this episode was about a “cult guru” selling seminars, similar to PSI. Well this must have been a wake up call for my wife because she just started crying. I thought she was having a nervous breakdown. I have to tell you I was never more terrified in my life. The thought I had was that I was going to have to take her to a hospital and have her admitted into the psych ward.

I spent all night talking to her and explained what I had found out about these groups. As we were talking she finally told me why she came home in a pissed off mood last night. She said she was chastised by her “PLD” group for being two (yes 2) minutes late for the beginning of her meeting. She also told me that she was scheduled to have the next meeting at our house. Well I don’t think that’s going the happen.

She seems to be more open to the fact that she has been influenced by PSI and her behavior lately has not been normal. I hope this was the wakeup call. I even told her that we should go get counseling with someone who has knowledge with the working of these groups and can explain it better than I can. I feel very much out of my element with this and think it would help. She seemed agreeable last night and I hope it lasts into the weekend.

I can only say this has been a nightmare for me and my family and I wanted to thank everyone who responded with your thoughts and advice. I have to say I am still scared and very much afraid she will slip back into this crap. I guess time will tell.

Question Lady: Thank you for your kind words. I hope things work out for you as well.

efe143: I noticed your response dated: May 25th. I read your comments and don’t agree with you. I also noticed that you never responded to one of my comments. The one where you pay for me to attend PSI Seminars. I was not kidding and you ignored this comment, just like the argument I presented against PSI. I hope the program works for you, although I see the effects it’s had on my wife, on me, and my daughters. The effects were not worthwhile. They were destructive. Pure and simple.

If you’re the one who believes so much in the value of this bullshit why not pay for someone else to attend? I guess you’re not willing to put your money where you mouth is. So much for your “enlightenment” or even your commitment to “saving the world one mind at a time” huh? Just a thought. There is no need to respond.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: June 08, 2007 08:56AM

Ghost Dancer, I was wondering how things are going with your wife? I read where she made some breakthrough with this and hope things are going ok with both of you. Jeri

Date: June 08, 2007 10:47AM

Jeri, it up and down, but thanks for asking. My best to you.

Posted by: skepticabout ()
Date: June 09, 2007 01:46AM

Ghost Dancer;

i can simpathize with what you have experienced. I am going through the same things...and see similar results---> though with Landmark Education.
my relationship is also up and down.,,and I am getting tired of it.
I am realizing that our thinking and our paths have changed..I am just troubled over my kids and do not want them to be affected.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: June 09, 2007 03:13AM

Ghost Dancer
I even told her that we should go get counseling with someone who has knowledge with the working of these groups and can explain it better than I can. I feel very much out of my element with this and think it would help.

Hi GD,

I think this is a great idea. The two therapists I've tried both spout stupid, irrational, new-age crap (stuff like The Secret <gag>). My current therapist tells us that "energy flows where attention goes". I'm interested in ways to find therapists who know about lgats/psychological manipulation. I'm not sure there are very many, which is troublesome to me. Any ideas how to find those who are? Anyone?

The story about your wife being two minutes late is sickening. Lgats are cold-hearted to the core. Inhuman and brutal. I remember when I was involved, an "excuse" like traffic would have been turned against us too. There is no such thing . . . afterall, we create our reality. All such happenings only point to one thing: what utter failures and losers we are, which is why we need to keep going back to the lgat for "help", i.e. to be further abused so that we'll need to keep going back for "help". When I went to cour$e #4 Randy Revell berated me for coming back (coming back meant that I had FAILED - to stay on purpose). There is no way to win in an lgat.

Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: June 10, 2007 01:45PM

Its biblical based in its approach. If this is okay to post here. I will post it.

Let me know? I will post link if its okay to do so.

Or you can message me and ask me for link also.

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 11, 2007 12:41AM

I don't know how many counselors are informed about LGAT's. My husband I went to one who totally dismissed my concerns and just seemed to have the attitude that if he says the program is great and helping him, then it is.

There was another that immediately picked up on what was happening. This one is available for phone consultations. If anyone is interested, please contact me via PM.

Current Page: 3 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.