Current Page: 21 of 21
Re: PSI Seminars: Legal Action?
Posted by: cwilliams ()
Date: June 13, 2017 04:39AM

They are like cockroaches, you can cut them in down and they just fragment and keep going, if there is a lawyer who can tie them together all the best. My girlfriend and I looking for someone who can sue Choice Center Vegas to cover all the therapy she will need.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: crback22 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 07:58AM

They are scum of the scum- I have a class action attorneys office looking into it all. I also have some other things that I am working on. I can pm you with that info as I don't want any of them to have any kind of heads up during the process. I pray for your girlfriend and everyone else involved in these groups.

Posted by: Truth2Myth ()
Date: November 12, 2017 02:15AM

KDAG: Some other LGAT companies to be aware of are Klemmer and Associates, Insight, Impact , LifeQuest, LifeSpring.

Klemmer and Associates focuses on Church Groups with "the Quickening" seminar. All follow the vulnerability/repetition for messages and pressure/release so you have this endorphin high induced through experiential exercises and marathon sessions.The Samurai Game and Lifeboat are examples that Klemmer does in Advanced Leadership trainings

The endorphin high then manifests itself in testimonials and further recruiting - so the recruits of the LGATS are the ones spreading and building the classes. Example of endorphin high testimonials can be seen on Klemmer Google Reviews where the graduates talk about "teachings", "real deal","this work", "deal with my stuff" - creepy. Google Klemmer and Associates and you will see the google reviews on the right, and the Klemmer cult education warnings in the regular search box.

Thats how LGATS like PSI and Klemmer and Associates, Brian Klemmer learned these LGAT methods from PSI Seminars, penetrate into tightly knit communities like families, companies and network marketing teams.

Families against Cult teaching is initiating a complaint or an investigation into PSI Seminars cult methods, maybe they will get around to the other LGATs like Klemmer and Associates or Insight Trainings?

Posted by: kdag ()
Date: November 12, 2017 06:54AM

Truth2Myth,

I am staying away from all of them.
I have also become almost hyper-aware of the difference between and LGAT/cult, and other, "ordinary" metaphysical and spiritual teachers. I can "feel" it without even having to think about it. I then confirm with facts.

I had a teacher for years, (before my LGAT experience), who used meditation, chanting, and other typical metaphysical techniques, but not cult tactics. It might have even been my history with her that gave me some measure of protection, because when I got to L.E., I was not blown away by these things, (they were already familiar). Some of their teachings dovetailed nicely with what she (and many others) taught, but then there were places where they split off and went 180° from what the traditional metaphysicians teach.

There were many things going on at L.E. that made me decidedly uncomfortable from the start, and these were NOT the discomforts that comes with challenge and growth, but the discomfort that comes with knowing that something is wrong.

Here are just a few of the clear contrasts I saw:

1) You could disagree with her. You could not disrupt the class, but if someone brought up a point that she hadn't considered, she would acknowledge it. She would admit that she didn't have all the answers. She discouraged people from being dependent on her. She would encourage people to meditate and find their own answer, and may even comment that she was going to meditate on the topic in question herself.

2). If you told her that her class was not working for you, she would give you a hug, and wish you well in finding your path. She always stressed that there were many valid paths, and that it was not "one size fits all."

3) If someone left the group, she would NOT hound them with calls to get them back in. She would not dis that person or discourage her students from associating with that person. If that person later returned to the group, they were welcomed back without scolding.

My involvement with L.E. actually overlapped my involvement with her. While she did not try to discourage my involvement with L.E., when I decided to end my involvement with L.E., I asked her about it. It was then that she told me that she had gone to a Landmark introduction once, long ago. She told me that she had NOT signed up for the forum, because when she was there, she had detected many "hooks." She warned me that, if I left, they would try to pull me back in. They did. My leaving was followed by many phone calls, and even a ploy where they called me, and said that my ILP program was about to start. I had NOT signed up for the ILP, and had, in fact, bluntly told them that I was not interested.

Posted by: crback22 ()
Date: November 13, 2017 01:23AM

True2myth-

There are too many LGATs and groups that follow this model to list and keep up with it seems. Not sure what kind of investigation for cult practices you are referring to. As far as these groups go, unless there is abuse etc, nothing is illegal in what they do. Every adult that attends is capable of deciding to stay in the group or not. Here is where we must get creative in making a change. Filing a complaint is a great place to start and should be done, however, as these groups have been around for decades, the complaints are obviously not enough.

Current Page: 21 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.