Landmark NZ
Posted by: Lady G ()
Date: May 06, 2007 02:07PM

Hello

I've been reading your forum with much interest. My partner has just completed the Landmark Forum and is now doing the Advanced course as we speak. He was a total Landmark sceptic, his old flatmate was a Landmark addict and he use to rip him to shreds about being associated with such a group. My partner is one of the most intelligent people I know, he would debate every subject to at degree that no-one could ever win, not in a bad way, but in a very intelligent and informed manner which I respected (not always agreed, but that's what healthy debate is about). Since completing Landmark last week, I have sensed a total shift in his personality, he has accused me of being a very negative person and is trying to get me to go to a guest night. There is also something missing which I can't put my finger on, it's like part of his ability to think for himself has been taken way, his language has also changed (he using phrases such as ('rackets') and saying 'well do you understand how electricity works?'(plagirised from The Secret). I feel like I don't know this person anymore. It's very scary, the person that you knew and loved to have a total personality change in 3 days seems extreme and dangerous. Doea anyone know at what stage the hypnosis sets in? He has described the expreience as being the same as the first time he took ecstasty.

I would really appreciate some feeback, esp if you are in NZ....cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark NZ
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 06, 2007 08:57PM

These two articles pretty much cover it.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This details what's wrong with mass marathon training, like Landmark Education.

This article describes "coercive persuasion" techniques often used by groups like Landmark.

This is the Ladmark Education section within the database.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This French documentary details the Forum. After it was run on French TV Landmark left France.

Landmark NZ
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: May 08, 2007 10:35AM

Lady G
Hello

I've been reading your forum with much interest. My partner has just completed the Landmark Forum and is now doing the Advanced course as we speak. He was a total Landmark sceptic, his old flatmate was a Landmark addict and he use to rip him to shreds about being associated with such a group. My partner is one of the most intelligent people I know, he would debate every subject to at degree that no-one could ever win, not in a bad way, but in a very intelligent and informed manner which I respected (not always agreed, but that's what healthy debate is about). Since completing Landmark last week, I have sensed a total shift in his personality, he has accused me of being a very negative person and is trying to get me to go to a guest night. There is also something missing which I can't put my finger on, it's like part of his ability to think for himself has been taken way, his language has also changed (he using phrases such as ('rackets') and saying 'well do you understand how electricity works?'(plagirised from The Secret). I feel like I don't know this person anymore. It's very scary, the person that you knew and loved to have a total personality change in 3 days seems extreme and dangerous. Doea anyone know at what stage the hypnosis sets in? [b:8e7c78b573]He has described the expreience as being the same as the first time he took ecstasty[/b:8e7c78b573].

Lady G, I think, deep down, he suspects what's going on, i.e. comparing the LGAT experience to drugs. He's obviously on a high right now, but as we all know...he'll have to come back to earth.

Maybe you could suggest he discuss his 'new' outlook here. Plenty of people willing to listen and, perhaps, offer further discourse. It does sound, from your perceptions, that he has a tendency to stay on the high ground, i.e. using his intelligence to retain a safe level of righteousness. Hey, I'm sure he doesn't always have the answers...except that Landmark will no doubt give him new weapons and armour. Luckily, these new arms are mostly made of plastic and cardboard.

Landmark NZ
Posted by: Lady G ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:49PM

Hello from NZ and thanks for the advice. It's now 2 weeks on and I can see the 'high' of Landmark wearing off. He's been getting heaps of calls from the 'leaders' asking him to conduct home sessions to recruit new graduates, I think the penny is starting to drop!

On a different note, I've just been to see a guy call Dr DeMartini who took part in 'The Secret. I haven't laughed so much in my life (we have a comedy festival on at the moment and I seriously thought he was part of it). Has anyone seen this guy? Would appreciate your comments, I thought he was a total wacko, he faked tears everytime he talked about something emotional, honestly this guy deserved an Oscar! Would be interested to hear of anyone else that was subjected to his act.

This is a fantastic balanced and rational website. Keep up the great work!

Landmark NZ
Posted by: mazellan ()
Date: May 17, 2007 05:05AM

Lady G
On a different note, I've just been to see a guy call Dr DeMartini who took part in 'The Secret. I haven't laughed so much in my life

[www.drdemartini.com]

Derived from a study of Quantum Physics, The Demartini Method ® is predetermined set of questions and actions that neutralizes your emotional charges and brings balance to your mind and body. A fully reproducible science you can take home with you, it enables you to discover the underlying order governing your apparent daily chaos.

Well there you have it, it's based on quantum physics, so it must be good.

But then this, from the testimonials pages:

MY FRIEND Dr. John Demartini is a money-master. He has extensively and intensively experienced, mastered, and wisely teaches the laws of money. John is a genius who loves to share his expertise in an easy-to-understand, absorbing, easily assimilated, and useful way.

Landmark NZ
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: May 17, 2007 09:45PM

I just hate this organization, its arrogance and the way they treat people ... yes, I have done many courses and I was positive about it, but I finally made experiences with a staff member I couldn't believe people could do with a smile on their face ... and I still have to deal with it.

Landmark NZ
Posted by: Kastlefeer ()
Date: June 08, 2007 04:40PM

'The Secret' is just more pile on the new age money train malarky. Landmark is much much more sinister. They don't advertise but by word of mouth, using the confidence of relatives, friends or coworkers against an unsuspecting peer. They are good at selling to the unsuspecting, and provide very little information. Then you are out 5-600$ and looking straight into the barrel of 3 13 hour days in an uncomfortable crowded room full of strangers being poked and prodded on sensitive matters and being manipulated and jerked around. Then people have their breakthroughs (breakdowns).

I know I got a call late one evening from my mother at the forum. I thought she was stoned or beaten senseless she was so euphoric. She no doubt was suffering from exhaustion, stress, and was likely hypo-manic. It took weeks for her to return to some semblance of her former self but I watch her like a hawk.

She learned about the forum from 'friends' at her new age 'church of religious science'. The church has been busy endorsing the secret to the point where i wonder if they get kick-backs from oprah haha. I refuse to go this church anymore and yet she still tries to reel me in.

She's still set in her ways, I don't know how she got a university degree. My bro got cancer and it floors me she still spouts this power of positive thinking nonsense, like my brother decided to be negative or something? He's mentally disabled, cheerful disposition to the max, has the mind of a six year old.

The trap in all this stuff is selling you answers, but there's no use in easy answers I say. None of this crap can stand up to cancer, or a plane crash etc. For that you go to oncologist and state farm ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.