Current Page: 6 of 7
Big question....
Posted by: Glen ()
Date: February 05, 2004 03:00AM

Thanks for your feedback Cos always appreciated.

It is and it isn't ironic that I want to explore Landmark now, I mean, reading through past posts isn't everyone here an "ex" devotee to some LGAT? You, me, Guy, gc4062... it's the realization then discovering how and why it happened that's fascinating. I still find Tony fascinating now, probably in the same way you do (granted you're 100x more knowledgable in the subject) but it's from a research perspective. I'll never spend a $ on his products, UPW in fact was the first and only time I have.

There's a limited amount of info out there specifically citing Tony's techniques though for some reason - I mean, I think you and Wim Chase were it!

Cosmophilospher
I've done most of his courses, going back over 16 years, and fortunately got to attend most of them for free using comps.
The only "prerequisite" for Robbins is money. He has endless courses, and coachings, and everything else. If you have a million dollars, he will coach you privately for one year, plus a % of your Income...

UPW (Unleash the Power Within) is where the Robbins "mind-control" STARTS.
Glen, you are exibit A.
You have experienced Unconscious Influence first hand.

Tony convinced you to spend ,000 of money for NOTHING, and you didn't even know why!

I know why.

Because UPW is designed to reengineer your mind, and PERMANENTLY insert Tony into your brain. Its full of hypnosis, and dozens and dozens of techniques of mass manipulation.
Forget going to Landmark!
Figure out what Tony did to you at his LGAT!

Tony is so good, he appears "legit". He seems just like a motivational speaker. Most people have NO CLUE what Robbins is doing to people minds unconsciously.

Isn't it ironic that you wanted to explore the Landmark LGAT, when the Tony LGAT had you by the nuts...and you liked it?
Believe me, from what you have said so far, its clear Tony has already had a profound impact on your psyche.
UPW is designed to reengineer your mind...Tony's way...

Coz

Options: ReplyQuote
Big question....
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: February 05, 2004 05:55AM

There were a few others on Robbins site. MookieGuy was one, although he believed Tony was doing good work, yet being aware of some of his techniques.
There were about 5 main posters on the Robbins board, and all of their posts were deleted, and now all are censored, so that's why there are no posts there!

If you want to research Robbins stuff, you can order any of his programs from multiple sources, and if you don't like them, you can just return them.
You can also get refunds for live events, but READ THE FINE PRINT. You have to leave about half way through the event.

The people who really know what Robbins is doing, are mainly just using it to get rich. The higher up folks in the NLP community see EXACTLY what Robbins is doing.
Most reporters who write articles, do not have enough knowledge or training to really understand what Robbins is doing. Most reporters just label Robbins as a bit of a Confidence Man, who tells people what they want to hear. There is a lot more to Robbins than that.
Maybe one day a good investigative reporter will write a good book or articles on Robbins. But that writer will be sued. Robbins is very litigious. Any reporter who writes about Robbins divorce, and all of his lawsuits from former business partners he ripped off, and his financial restraining order from his old wife over the new wifes breast implants, etc etc will be sued.

But the reality is that 90% of the people at Robbins events just get caught up in the excitement. They don't see what's going on. They just jump up and down, and think they have now figured out how to Master their Life. Sure...talk to them in 6 months...
Personally, i ordered and returned Robbins most recent program, Get The Edge. It was a terrible program. His worst yet. Just a bunch of manipulation.
But very educational.

Coz

Glen
Thanks for your feedback Cos always appreciated.

It is and it isn't ironic that I want to explore Landmark now, I mean, reading through past posts isn't everyone here an "ex" devotee to some LGAT? You, me, Guy, gc4062... it's the realization then discovering how and why it happened that's fascinating. I still find Tony fascinating now, probably in the same way you do (granted you're 100x more knowledgable in the subject) but it's from a research perspective. I'll never spend a $ on his products, UPW in fact was the first and only time I have.

There's a limited amount of info out there specifically citing Tony's techniques though for some reason - I mean, I think you and Wim Chase were it!

Big question....
Date: February 05, 2004 06:00AM

Its all cross-marketing.
Robbins loves those types of magazines, as its a readdy audience of suckers. You don't see him doing interviews with Psychology Today, or someone who might kick his ass, and ask some tough questions.
Robbins is now selling a bunch of "alternative health" stuff, so he can become a Billionaire. He has openly declared this.
Its just about selling selling selling lots of junk to credulous people.

Coz

corboy
(Enough said. Andrew Cohen is desperate for legitimacy and pilot fishes himself to anyone who has a following; for Tony Robbins, any publicity is good publicity. Its all about marketing.)

(quote)Readers of What Is Enlightenment? (Andrew Cohen's house-organ) enjoy:

Big question....
Date: February 05, 2004 04:50PM

All this talk about Robbins is reactivating my Tony Trauma! ;)

So i went, and painfully browsed though some of the posts at his site. Here is a thread, about this girl who LOVES watching his infomercials, over and over and over!! (many women have sexual dreams about Tony, and become obsessed with him. He actually engineers that in his infomercial!)
These infomercials are LOADED with persuasion. That is ALL they are. Persuasion to frame Robbins as America's Guru of Success.
Robbins MAKES people LOVE watching his "tv brainwashing" over and over again. How amazing is that?

Read this short thread.
If you dare.
Can you feel the mania? The Worship?
Can you feel the deep, burning craving these folks have to go to his seminars?
Now that's Salesmanship.

[www.tonyrobbins.com]

Coz

Big question....
Posted by: notmadanymore ()
Date: February 05, 2004 06:51PM

Mate,

I am very intelligent, cynical, and well adjusted. I knew all about cults.

I knew when I first met the therapist there was something fishy about her.

I didn't know what; and didn't know that LGATs could be cults. I had no idea. I thought it was easy entertainment for gullible people.

Well...I ended up with no sense of self confidence, urging my ex-wife (thanks to Hoffman) to take the course to rid her of her issues with me. A course that a year and a bit earlier I had laughed my head off at.

Under no circumstances expose yourself to this shit. Lie down with dogs, and you WILL get up with fleas.

These freaks are DANGEROUS. SCARY people. Without anything physical they can pick apart someone's life in seconds.

Watch out and DO NOT GO.

Big question....
Date: February 05, 2004 07:20PM

I don't want to get sued, thx. ;)

Guthy-Renker buys the air-time for the infomercials.
Guthy-Renker "made" Robbins, and turned him into a household name. (he has had lawsuits with them as well).
[www.guthy-renker.com]
Guthy, of Guthy-Renker described what Tony sells as GREED and VANITY.
That sums it up.

As far as 60 Minutes, Robbins has been "reported" to them.
Who knows, maybe one day someone will look into everything. But the media these days is more about scandal mongering.
As far as the hidden camera, again, the lawsuits would be prohibitive to most people.
There have been random little reports over the years, about Robbins techniques, but they don't amount to anything.

The thing is with Robbins, and these guys, they are so good they appear 100% "legit".
Its all legal what they are doing.
He shows parts of his seminars on tv. They are all just "pumped up and jumping around", what could be sinister about that?
Most of his "fans" LOVE what he does, and LOVE giving him their money!

They are "authors" and "speakers". What could be wrong with that?
They are Entrepreneurs, and give to Charity.

In a very broad sense, Robbins is doing what the Advertisers are doing. Persuading people to buy their overpriced crap.
What's more American than persuading people to buy your overpriced crap?

TV commercials are FULL of Unconscious Influence these days.
So is the Pentagon propaganda machine.
Honestly, i think Robbins will continue on as he has. Lurching from lawsuit to lawsuit, and making millions.
Actually, Robbins goal is to become a Billionaire in the "alternative health" field. Robbins knows where the money to made is.
Sickness and disease is the "pain".
And you heal their pain with products and services.
That's why he is now in the "herbal" field.

I bet there is at least ONE great journalist out there, who could write a great book on Robbins. Maybe someone will.
Regardless, Robbins is a great model to study, because he is so GOOD. If you can figure out what Robbins is doing to you, then you can figure out what almost anyone else is doing to you.

Coz

gc4062
Coz,

You ought to write a book :D

Was mentioning to a friend after reading your postings today that every channel that we get on cable has at least three different tony rubbers informercials on per day. (What can I say, I've developed into a real night owl this past year.)

This monster must be rakin' in the bucks big time if he can afford to have that many informercials running in a 24 hour cycle, AND in multiple languages too (I've seen 3 different languages this week alone). And every time he always seems to be surrounded by blondes with grotesquely enlarged chests. (Looks to me like he's using sex to help sell his crap.)

Have to wonder if the scriptwriters are starting to pick up on the overabundence of snake oil salesmen passing themselves off as self-help gurus, as in the past month, I've seen at least three crime shows on television with a storyline on the crooks that run the self-help business. Would be nice if 60 Minutes would do an entire Sunday on the bucks being raked in by these people. Reminds me of the old joke about how you know you're having a bad day at work - when you open your office door, Mike Wallace and a camera crew from 60 Minutes are waiting for you :)

Have any of the local television channels ever had an investigative reporter with a hidden camera go to any of these "events" like the recent link posted about landmark and the undercover recording of a forum weekend? I'd love to see what goes on behind the scenes. The more people who talk about this, the more likely that someone will pick up on it and start digging.

Big question....
Posted by: revclaire ()
Date: February 05, 2004 09:48PM

my loved one had an IQ like yours..got taken easily..never thought it could happen to him..i dreamt it ..he said ridiculous..dont do it..but i think there was someone that went in and investigated Sterling..a reporter..check out at [www.culteducation.com..there] may have been one man who did it..but i suggest you dont'..definitely not...you don't even want to be exposed to a group of evil..no more than going to a bad church with a false preacher...use your time for doing good things..but i can understand where you are coming from...we all know that these cult leaders are all professional con artists..let them be.they all will fall in time..the truth comes out eventually..

Big question....
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 06, 2004 05:39AM

Rookie:

Your posts sound somewhat familar. You wouldn't happen to be a certain persona non grata named "Siam"?

Please spell out in very plain language what your purpose is on this message board.

Why did you specifically decide to post here?

Also, are you a former participant in Landmark? And if so, what is your take on that organization and advice to others about it?

Please respond directly to these questions.

Curious minds want to know.

Big question....
Posted by: Murph ()
Date: February 06, 2004 05:57AM

This is from several posts back ... but could someone explain exactly what Eriksonian hypnosis is and how it is used in an LGAT? Executive Success Programs utilizes "Eriksonian approaches to brief, solution based therapy...", whatever that means. I have often wondered if they were ever using any forms of hypnosis in their intensives.

Big question....
Date: February 06, 2004 08:31AM

The way Ericksonian Hypnosis is used by these people is totally unethical, and would have Milton Erikson turning in his grave.
It was created for Hypnotherapy, and is now being used to sell people crap, and manipulate them. Its a way of using language that communicates directly with the victims unconscious, and uses "embedded commands". People don't need to be in a classic "trance" when this happens.
I give an example of how Robbins uses it here.

[www.tonyrobbins.com]

[www.tonyrobbins.com]

You can search Google for it
[www.google.com]

Coz

Murph
This is from several posts back ... but could someone explain exactly what Eriksonian hypnosis is and how it is used in an LGAT? Executive Success Programs utilizes "Eriksonian approaches to brief, solution based therapy...", whatever that means. I have often wondered if they were ever using any forms of hypnosis in their intensives.

Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.