to coach people while at the same
time they stick it in your head that
u need to coach people into landmark.

its all about nothingness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Big question....
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: January 09, 2004 12:55PM

Just remember that at the very moment you underestimate your adversary you give that adversary the advantage. Dont be blinded by your own pride. Swimming in a pool of sharks is foolish, swimming in a pool of sharks with an open wound is suicide.

It would be a shame if your High IQ were to be made to work against you, and then for them...

Big question....
Posted by: Elisita ()
Date: January 13, 2004 07:15AM

I got put on the sidelines of a Landmark mirror cult by default of my job. It was a nightmare.
Is it worth it to attend a meeting? Nope.
Can you force anyone see the light? Nope.
Would you be you wasting your time? Most likely.
All you will end up doing is making a jackass out of yourself in front of people who know all the ins and outs of mind control/ manipulation and thier devoted followers. They know every answer to your arguments to thier craft. All you will get is thrown out and your actions and arguments will only help to solidify the bond with the teachers and followers. Mind control is so incredibly powerful, it is truly scary, scary, scary stuff. People only escape when they are ready. If someone has chosen to turn off thier ears, no matter how loud you scream in thier face, they will not hear you. We need to keep information about these groups as acessible as possible, and devote our efforts to this cause. This site alone has helped me cope with my experiences incredibly, and as I said, I was damaged by only being on the sidelines. These group meetings are like a powerful drug: you can't help but be interested. You want to find out more. You think you are in control. Then one day you wake up in over your head. Next, you find yourself attempting to put the pieces of your broken life back together.
It is all your decision. I can't force you to see the light any more than I could help the followers of the cult I inadvertantly worked for. This site wouldn't exist if these groups were harmless.

Big question....
Posted by: Glen ()
Date: January 18, 2004 08:25AM

Wow, okay suddenly my enthusiasm for infiltrating LM has dwindled somewhat...

As for what Guy said, yes that's probably true, but if I was talking about my experiences and achievements in a way that was contributing to the group rather than disrupting it surely they'd let me speak.

Then once I have built some rapport with the group start picking away at their theories, mentioning Werner etc. etc.

Still no? yes? maybe?

Big question....
Posted by: Glen ()
Date: January 18, 2004 08:32AM

My intention was to attend the initial "introductory" LM forum where everyone there is new to the concept so won't have had their minds corrupted yet (except by the 'caring' family member who referred them there of course)

The difference is those people are going under the belief this will change their lives. I KNOW THIS IT THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

I'd just like to see first hand how they do it...

If there's overly strong opposition on this board to the idea then I will take your advice, but one session with my mindset can't be dangerous surely??

Big question....
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 18, 2004 10:23PM

Glen,

From my experience, the introductory session, the ones not part of a LF, were nothing like the Forum nor the Tuesday night part of the forum where participants were asked to bring guests. My intro was fun - very light-hearted and a lot of silliness, like a goofy Oprah show. It would be very easy for many people to think from this intro that the Forum is harmless, a lot of fun, and really no big deal.

Hope

Big question....
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: January 18, 2004 11:17PM

Glen,

I'm sure they'd let you speak. They'd let you run on and on. Then they'd use you to prove their points.:(
Do you think after 30 years they don't know how to smell a mole?:cool:

If you think you'll be any different than the thousands they've handled previously, go for it.

Go just to see. My guess is that you'll end up wondering what all the fuss is about and sign up for the course. That its not as harmful as all that. That you are above any of their manipulations.
My experience is that the more resistance I received from a guest, the more enrollments I would get from the room. It was always a fun game to "turn" the recalcitrant into the registered.
:D
Guy

Glen

As for what Guy said, yes that's probably true, but if I was talking about my experiences and achievements in a way that was contributing to the group rather than disrupting it surely they'd let me speak.

Then once I have built some rapport with the group start picking away at their theories, mentioning Werner etc. etc.

Still no? yes? maybe?

Big question....
Posted by: kico ()
Date: January 19, 2004 03:21AM

Glen
My intention was to attend the initial "introductory" LM forum where everyone there is new to the concept so won't have had their minds corrupted yet (except by the 'caring' family member who referred them there of course)

The difference is those people are going under the belief this will change their lives. I KNOW THIS IT THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

I'd just like to see first hand how they do it...

If there's overly strong opposition on this board to the idea then I will take your advice, but one session with my mindset can't be dangerous surely??

Glen,

You will find lots of fully mind-transformed assistants at any Intro, all eager (and trained) to encourage you to sign up.

Seeing how they do it is fine if that's all you do. Pretend you're mute and don't engage them in conversation beyond the odd grunt and nod ;-)

One session on its own is not dangerous, but the design of the 'technology' is that one session leads to another ............

You also said : > As for what Guy said, yes that's probably true, but if I was talking about my experiences and achievements in a way that was contributing to the group rather than disrupting it surely they'd let me speak. <

Sure, and they'd use what you say to support their own position, the more you argue with them the more they humiliate you.

> Then once I have built some rapport with the group start picking away at their theories, mentioning Werner etc. etc. <

They're prepared for that. It's been done before, hundreds of times ! You'll be cannon fodder.

> Still no? yes? maybe? <

It's a no from me. Unless you are determined to commit psychological suicide and lose a few years of your life to line someone else's pocket ............

It sounds to me like you don't really understand the dynamics they use, or you'd stay well away. My guess is you're subconsciously hooked on their promise of being transformed and would make easy victim material. I hope you prove me wrong one way or another, either by never attending an Intro or by publishing an expose of their thought-reform brainwashing if you do attend.

Chris

Big question....
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 19, 2004 06:40AM

This i have heard before.
Overt skeptics seem to force undecided people to make up their mind, and join the group more rapidly. I have read accounts of how a skeptic at these types of recruitment meetings actually INCREASES enrollment!!

Coz

Guy
My experience is that the more resistance I received from a guest, the more enrollments I would get from the room.

Big question....
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: January 19, 2004 09:42AM

They look at the skeptic and then at the FL and who looks prettier???
:D :D :D
Skepticism and critical thinking are thrown into the negativity pile. Haven't we all heard that in the threads here?
"I hope your happy with your life with all your negativity, blah blah blah...we'll just go on thinking happy thoughts, blah blah blah..."
:rolleyes:
Until they wake up one day wondering where their life went and why they feel hungover.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
The skeptic is used to illustrate rackets and winning formula. They rest of the room is fooled into thinking that somehow we were "beyond all that" and that we had something to offer....ooooooo sweet possibility!!!
I can hear the hooks sinking into their cheeks even now.
Another trout bites the dust.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Guy

Cosmophilospher
This i have heard before.
Overt skeptics seem to force undecided people to make up their mind, and join the group more rapidly. I have read accounts of how a skeptic at these types of recruitment meetings actually INCREASES enrollment!!

Coz

Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.