Current Page: 6 of 7
Landmark Forum Revisited
Posted by: maurice ()
Date: June 11, 2007 07:50AM

From the syllabus again:

"EVENING SESSION
"I. NEW POSSIBILITIES, BREAKTHROUGH RESULTS, AND A QUICK REVIEW
"In this last three-hour session, participants share with each other, and with the guests they’ve invited to join them, the new possibilities they’ve created for themselves. Key discussions and critical insights are revisited, deepening our understanding of the distinctions of The Landmark Forum and their relevance in our lives.
Guests get an experience of what The Landmark Forum is and its benefits, and they have a unique opportunity to see how it works by directly participating in a portion of the technology."

COMMENTARY
So here we are at the tuesday night. According to what the leader said for the entire sunday evening, in the pauses between bulling the last resistant participants, this is what the forum is all about. This is 'where the forum really begins' as they say over and over. 'the three days were just a warm up to tonight!'. You've heard it all. Now let's talk about the Big Night.
Guest will be welcomed like good old friends. There will be a lot of smiles and compliments. A lot of compliments. Just an example: you can go as a punk, or wear your best suit, you'll always be told (by the [i:cc67b7ba32]same assistant[/i:cc67b7ba32]) how wonderful you look. Before you can step inside you MUST fill the form with your name, number(s), email and address. Beware: if the guests don't sign tonight, they'll be called and called and called and called and called until they either sign up or talk about suing.
Then guests are given a badge to wear. It doesn't read 'guest'. It's a name badge. Everyone, guests and members, MUST always, at any given moment, wear a name badge in a visible place. That's for the staff and leaders to be on first name terms with anyone from the very beginning, to treat everyone like they're old friends. There are two words you will never ever hear anywhere inside landmark: 'Sir' and 'Madam'. That's good tho: in London such informality is a put off. Snob saves! :D
Then the big thing begins. i could repeat the welcome crap by memory but i don't want to. Anyway, it's good for people to be prepared, so: every leader has his/her own little story to tell. How he got inside LE, what he got out of the forum, how is his life now. It's always the same script with exactly the same sentences, the same lines, the same words, the same gulps at the same moment, the same little tear at the same triggering memory. I mentioned that to a friend of mine, an introduction leader, saying i started to think my leader was a bit of a scam. He said that after all he cannot change his life, that's what happened. At my forum the leader told us about his 4 years old son, oh so touching oh so moving oh so inspiring. Than he made the same scene on tuesday. I thought 'well, he's a dad...'. He did the scene again at another special evening. He started to look too rehearsed. In january i saw him in action again. Almost two years after my forum, his son was still 4 (I'm not being funny!). "Ok, that does it".

Now let's see the first part of the evening.
1-The 'new possibilities'. After the 'overture' the leader calls grads on stage to share the possibilities they have invented. and you see people queuing to say their line 'the possibility i have invented for myself and my life is the possibility of being [whatever]'.
2-The 'breakthrough results'. Same queue of people, dramatic stories of families destroyed and reunited thanks to LM...broken marriages that 40 hours after the forum are going great...people who quit drugs, or just decided to....guilts forgiven, love rediscovered, new job plans, whatever.
3-A 'quick review'. The leader knows better than to show his true colors to the guests, so he asks the newly grads to list the 'distinctions' learned during the forum, to give our precious guests an overview of what 'the Technology' is. (Please pronounce 'the Technology', 'the Terminology', 'the Breakthrough' etc. with a small pause before and after the word, emphasizing the capital letter and possibly adding a little nod of your head or movement of your hand to stress the importance of the Distinction you are mentioning). Grads will rarely be able to remember everything and perfectly, and they are unlikely to contradict each other so what will come up is a bunch of self help stuff with a strange jargon that won't appear contradictory but still will not be clear, in order not to scare the guests but to hook them on their curiosity (or so the lekkies wish)
It must be scary for a guest, the jargon, the over-sharing.. Unfortunately I never attended one of this event BEFORE signing up. I would have smelled the rat. I was ALONE at my introduction, with TWO introduction leaders to pressure me. One of them, who was a good friend of mine, followed me all the way home, hard selling, with the contract in his hand to make me sign up before i got home. I signed up to the forum on the train because i just wanted him to leave me alone. But that's personal stuff, I don't think many are stalked into register.

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark Forum Revisited
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: June 14, 2007 01:40AM

Well that's great, the guy created a permanent four year old!

Just shows what Results you can get if you are Open to the Possibilities !

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 14, 2007 01:44AM

Damn, the message board auto-editor took out the extra spaces I made for pauses for the special words. Guess the message board hasn't been to Landmark to get the right pause Technology yet.

Landmark Forum Revisited
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: June 14, 2007 07:44AM

maurice
It must be scary for a guest, the jargon, the over-sharing.. Unfortunately I never attended one of this event BEFORE signing up. I would have smelled the rat. I was ALONE at my introduction, with TWO introduction leaders to pressure me. One of them, who was a good friend of mine, followed me all the way home, hard selling, with the contract in his hand to make me sign up before i got home. I signed up to the forum on the train because i just wanted him to leave me alone. But that's personal stuff, I don't think many are stalked into register.

I signed up (diff lgat) partly due to intense pressure, from the paid recruiter. At the "intro" talk the friend who conned me into going pressured me until I went to the table to sign up. But, lo & behold, I didn't have my credit card! HAHAHA The paid recruiter saw a potential signee in me so spent many hours on the phone with me over the next several days. All the time she spent trying to convince me to sign up for a self-improvement course should have been all the warning I needed. I [i:40e93c1ed7]was[/i:40e93c1ed7] suspicious, but in the end I caved in to pressure, and probably to a feeling of indebtedness because she spent so much time on me. As someone told me, these sociopaths prey on people with a conscience...they know just what strings to pull.

The recruiter and I were still on the phone when it became time for me to leave my house - if I was going to go. We had to hang up so I could be there on time. What a fateful move that was, when I (reluctantly) hung up and went.

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 17, 2007 12:34AM

"EVENING SESSION
"II. DEALING POWERFULLY WITH BREAKDOWNS
"Here, we explore a technology for handling breakdowns effectively. By breakdowns, we mean something that we say shouldn’t be or something that stops us from achieving what we want to achieve. Instead of seeing breakdowns in that familiar way, we begin to view breakdowns as a pathway – an actual access – to fulfilling what’s possible.
As a result, we are left with the confidence to step beyond our comfort zone, and to welcome breakdowns as an occasion for leadership and accomplishment."

COMMENTARY
This is the most horrible chapter of the entire landmark religion, the most inhumane and painful: 'dealing with breakdowns'. They mean 'something we say shouldn't be or something that stop us'.
That's complex to explain, not because it's difficult but because it is contradictory and it's a sort of an illogical vicious circle. I'll try to put it as simple as possible.
Breakdowns is 'something we say shouldn't be or stops us'. This definition is and will remain this vague, so that a 'breakdown' will be the label of everything bad, wrong, painful that has happened, is happening or ever will happen. Any complaint, any bad result, any pain, anything bad you can think of, at any level (it doesn't need to be a tragedy. Being late will do).
You'll be told 'breakdowns are inevitable'. They are right. There are two most common breakdowns:
1-after the three day forum is over, you will experience at least fatigue, commonly stress, and for few it will be post traumatic stress. So they'll be there waiting to label that as a 'breakdown' and tell you 'i told you so!' and get you back in the rank with that. This trick will be repeated weekly at the forum in action seminar and all the other series you'll be pressured into attending.
2-the normal world will not respond to the lekkie jargon and will be wary at the devotees' euphoria, so you will experience rejection (to the recruitment, i mean). And they'll be there again telling you 'i told you so. the people outside are still running their racket. it's up to you to win your own racket and help them save themselves from theirs by registering into the forum'. They will manage to blame both the outsiders as evil non-enlightened people and yourself as not enrolling enough. This is the part that, on the long run, destroys the families and relationship.
If the lekkie doesn't recruit you, he needs to go back for more training and you are not 'open to be contributed to'. They'll be back when they can 'generate a better space for your listening'. Sooner or later, they'll disappear.
The sad thing is, most of the lekkies do not believe, deep inside, that their loved ones need the forum. I've heard a lot of people desperate to get their friends inside not because they thought any less of them, but because they needed them inside because they weren't 'enrolled'. Landmark does not create better relationships. Landmark make love and friendship conditioned on being inside the forum. I've heard people 'sharing' that they were begging friends and family for years to get inside landmark and were depressed that they couldn't. And they can't give up inviting. Neither any leader will ever say to live and let live: the leader will blame the person for being bad at enrolling and send them out on the hunt again, with a 'no' coming and another 'coaching' already scheduled.
But let's go back to breakdowns. They claim in the syllabus that 'breakdowns [are viewed] as a pathway - an actual access - to fulfilling what's possible'. Stay with me because this is crucial.
The technology causes ILLUSIONAL breakthroughs. The technology CAUSES REAL breakdowns. The breakdown is, you'll be told during the evening, 'the gap between your possibility and reality'. So you need to recreate your breakthrough and transform your reality (i.e. recruit the people around you) until the gap disappear. So unless you recruit everyone you know or cut yourself from society, you will start to experience a constant alternation of delusional visions and clashes with reality that will send you back to the leader to get another dose of illusion. IT IS EXACTLY LIKE A DRUG. It works the same way and it is actually mind-altering. The breakdowns are 'an access to what's possible' in the sense that they are a bell ringing that the brainwashing is wearing off and you need to go back inside for more. The point is that landmark - and the other cults like them - they do start the nervous breakdowns. They do create the problems (the things you didn't know you didn't know) and hand you the 'solution' to the problem (that they caused), a solution which is design to create more breakdowns. Few people got to the point of killing themselves or others (remember you signed a waiver, so don't blame landmark!).
Congratulations grads, you are officially addicted to landmark. As most of the lekkies say, 'i didn't know how inauthentic i was! i thought my life was fine!'. Here's a flash. Maybe it was. maybe it wasn't. In both cases, landmark destroys your happiness and give you a LSD-ish one. And whenever the illusion wears off, you need to go the centre and be your possibility again. What a sad life....

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 17, 2007 01:01AM

Maurice, can you explain what they mean when they say:

'breakdowns [are viewed] as a pathway - an actual access - to fulfilling what's possible'

i.e. what specifically are you supposed to do to get from breakdown to whats possible? I'm sure there isn't a logical answer, but I'd like to hear whatever the non-logic is.

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 17, 2007 02:01AM

SaneAgain
Maurice, can you explain what they mean when they say:

'breakdowns [are viewed] as a pathway - an actual access - to fulfilling what's possible'

i.e. what specifically are you supposed to do to get from breakdown to whats possible? I'm sure there isn't a logical answer, but I'd like to hear whatever the non-logic is.

Well it's simple. When you have a breakdown, it's beacuse you are not being your possibility, i.e. your cult-self is going off) and/or you run your rackets (i.e. you're normal). As I said, according to the lekkie the breakdown is the gap between possibility and reality, or in non-cult english, the stress to deal with the real world plus the stress of waking up from the mind control. Now, following landmark, the solution to the breakdown is to re-create your possibility, or more simply to get another dose of their brainwashing. You with me so far?
NOw, they tell you that you are to expect breakdown to be coming, and when they arrive, the lekkies are there to coach you again among their jargon versions of 'i told you so' and 'see what happens when you don't use landmark?'. At the end of the process you'll feel the delusional high again, of course. So the brakdown as a patway to possibility means something like:
"if you are happy, thanks landmark! if you are unhappy, then rejoice, it means a new coaching and a new breakthrough are on the way".
It's like in religion, where sin is natural and it makes us understand better the forgiveness of god.

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 17, 2007 02:05AM

as to what you are supposed to do, it depends. If you have a breakdown after the forum, you're supposed to sign for the advance course to get a new breakthrough. If you have a breakdown after the AC, you're supposed to sign for the selp. If you have a breakdown during a seminar, you're supposed to go to next class and get coached. If the class is the last, you can sign for another course and get coached at the first lesson. and so on....

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 17, 2007 02:51AM

:lol:

That's pretty much the same as Quest, except the next step is to assist so that you can 'get what you missed' on the last course. And then they throw in a technique called 'clearing', so that they don't have to do most of the work themselves.

So, they say you can manifest anything in your life, as long as you clear everything with everyone regularly, and if you don't clear your life won't work because then you are incomplete and out of integrity.

To do a clearing you sit down with someone and tell them everything about them that doesn't work for you, and everything about them that does work for you. Then they do the same and usually each one gets pissed off (because they're human) and you're not allowed to discuss it outside a clearing, because that's against the rules. So life gets a bit tense.

But that's not all. If someone doesn't want to do a clearing (for example if they think its crazy, or if they're dead) then you do a clearing with an empty chair, pretending the person is in the chair. But wait! That's not all! You also have to do clearings with yourself, in a mirror. But wait! There's more! You also have to clear practical things - that's anything that could be on an obsessive-compulsive's To Do list - unpaid bills, unwritten letters, take car for service, unfinished work, uncleaned cupboard, get a hair cut, etc.

So then you go back to a course (maybe because you're assisting, working 14 hours a day making money for them)and you're real tired, and you say, 'This isn't working for me, I'm really tired" and they say "have you cleared xyz"? and you say yes and then they say "well you haven't cleared properly or there is something else you haven't cleared, else you wouldn't feel tired. You need to clear xyz. Are you clear now? (Aaaaarrggggg!!!!)

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 17, 2007 03:36AM

SaneAgain
:lol:

That's pretty much the same as Quest, except the next step is to assist so that you can 'get what you missed' on the last course. And then they throw in a technique called 'clearing', so that they don't have to do most of the work themselves.

So, they say you can manifest anything in your life, as long as you clear everything with everyone regularly, and if you don't clear your life won't work because then you are incomplete and out of integrity.

To do a clearing you sit down with someone and tell them everything about them that doesn't work for you, and everything about them that does work for you. Then they do the same and usually each one gets pissed off (because they're human) and you're not allowed to discuss it outside a clearing, because that's against the rules. So life gets a bit tense.

But that's not all. If someone doesn't want to do a clearing (for example if they think its crazy, or if they're dead) then you do a clearing with an empty chair, pretending the person is in the chair. But wait! That's not all! You also have to do clearings with yourself, in a mirror. But wait! There's more! You also have to clear practical things - that's anything that could be on an obsessive-compulsive's To Do list - unpaid bills, unwritten letters, take car for service, unfinished work, uncleaned cupboard, get a hair cut, etc.

So then you go back to a course (maybe because you're assisting, working 14 hours a day making money for them)and you're real tired, and you say, 'This isn't working for me, I'm really tired" and they say "have you cleared xyz"? and you say yes and then they say "well you haven't cleared properly or there is something else you haven't cleared, else you wouldn't feel tired. You need to clear xyz. Are you clear now? (Aaaaarrggggg!!!!)

eheheh they're all the same really. Lekkies have get 'complete'. Which is basically the same: blaming yourself for everything and apologizing for everything you did - OR DIDN'T.
That's another thing i just remembered from landmark. Your personality is made [i:63bd705469]entirely[/i:63bd705469] of traumas. The traumas create 'rackets' (to complain, fight, argue, disobey), 'strong suits' ([i:63bd705469]irreal[/i:63bd705469] good qualities that you don't really have anywy in the first place), and your 'act' (your fake personality built up to cover your true self, that's free only until you begin to talk and landmark is here to rescue back to the surface).
Now, all your personality is the result of traumas. If during the forum or the AC you can't remember any trauma, and tragedy that shaped your existence forever, you lie. You cannot possibly have had a happy life. you cannot possibly be happy with your life. So you are asked to pick up a random bad day, as early in your life as you can, to use as the point of reference for all your problems. This is not very simple to explain: traumatic events create your personality - which is therefore a mix of mechanisms, a 'machinery' of automatic responses to danger/trauma/pain. Everyone as their own personal response (their own personality), of course. Being the 'personality' only a machinery of automatic responses, you don't need to remember the actual trauma that created your personality. The response is always the same, so if you can't remember the original one, pick up a random bad event and use that as a ref.

Example:
-original trauma - not remembered - create the 'act': 'I don't need anyone' or the strong suit 'I'll be more careful'.
People always respond like robots to any single event with the mantra 'I don't need anyone', 'I'll be more careful'.

Now, let's say - PER ABSURDUS :wink: - that you have a happy life. that's not true. you are a liar. can you really not remember a single bad event in your life?
That's the trick by which even the less needy get cayght in the lgat mind control. They came out of the forum or the AC with things like
"i thought i was happy, but the truth is i was inauthentic in may relationships. One day, when i was three, a girl in my kindergarden laughed at me and that's why i'm single. Now, thanks to landmark, i can invent the possibility of being lovely".
Please clap.

Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.