The thread for express
Posted by: JanSmith ()
Date: January 22, 2004 11:08PM

GC--you are not the first person to tell me that what I saw was typical. See my post answering Dutch's question. It gives more detail about what transpired between me and the CM. [forum.culteducation.com]
I did 1 other call after that with my coach and called it quits just about a week ago.

Yes, they've tried every trick in the book already. My coach (a seminar leader "committed" to my effectiveness) even sent a note to many people in various leader bodies indicating that I had "completed" as an IL and that the RM, CM and her acknowledge and appreciate what I've contributed. Yeah...all after berating me, screaming at me and telling me I have no stand for humanity. Yeah...justify swearing and screaming at people in the name of making the world a better place. That's logical....NOT.

So there are lists of these things that they use...do tell. :-)

The thread for express
Posted by: elena ()
Date: January 24, 2004 12:21AM

Wow,

Sounds like he's being channeled.

Seriously, do you know of any other group or organisation where people mimic the behavior of the leader or boss to the point that it is done at Landmark?

One wonders if he shows up periodically to demonstrate proper
technique in abusing, castigating, or berating people.

Jan, have you read "Outrageous Betrayal?" Also, I'd reccommend "Snapping," if you haven't already seen it. (The earlier editions mention est specifically which I think they were forced to edit out.)

Ellen

The thread for express
Posted by: Rookie ()
Date: January 24, 2004 06:59AM

(((((how long will it take before LEC sends in a new team of trolls to try and disrupt us?

Every time a LEC insider has defected and joined us and begun disclosing the inside scoop, we got troll visits.

Guy, gc, elena, get out yr boxing gloves, the Gatorade and the energy food.

Jan, welcome to the Fight Club. (wink!) )))))

I think you are tad bit paranoid. LEC, if they are smart, won't engage people here since it is a non-win situation. They would be laughed off this board.

The thread for express
Posted by: elena ()
Date: January 24, 2004 07:52AM

I think you are tad bit paranoid. LEC, if they are smart, won't engage people here since it is a non-win situation. They would be laughed off this board.

That's right, Mr. Rookie.

As has been pointed out many times, true or efficient sociopaths rarely expend energy where there is no perceived payoff.

Also, most of them know they have no chance outside the suffocating, contrived, and well-correographed hotel ballrooms or closed coaching conversations.

Wnat to make a sociopath disappear? Just let him know that you recognize him and his tactics.

Ellen

The thread for express
Date: January 24, 2004 09:09AM

Also, it is a numbers game (which LEC knows very well).

They aren't going to send a couple of people to take on 30 or so disaffected people.

They need to have the numbers in their control.

Some Landmark proponents may come in on their own, but there isn't anything the Landmark Corporation can do about them.

That is why I was telling Corboy that even if someone comes here and takes on the opponents of Landmark, they probably don't have the blessing of the Landmark Corporation.

That is more Scientology's style. Fair game. Attack. Never defend. Won't work here.

The thread for express
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 24, 2004 09:26AM

Some franchisees and followers of Tony Robbins are known as "Robbins Clones". They mimic his hand movements, physical "anchor" movements, language patterns, vocal tonalities, stage performance, schtick, etc etc.

Basically, these Mini-Tony's look like jackasses.

Coz

elena

Seriously, do you know of any other group or organisation where people mimic the behavior of the leader or boss to the point that it is done at Landmark?

The thread for express
Date: January 27, 2004 03:34AM

Coz[i:4465430601]Some franchisees and followers of Tony Robbins are known as "Robbins Clones". They mimic his hand movements, physical "anchor" movements, language patterns, vocal tonalities, stage performance, schtick, etc etc.[/i:4465430601]

And many people clone their parents.

And many don't have a choice in the matter.

The key therefore is to have cool parents.:)

The thread for express
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: January 27, 2004 05:55AM

Rookie,
It appears that your statement implies that choice of modeling is possible and that you are capable of making that choice free from influence.

Are you being disingenuous or cute?

Guy

Rookie
Coz[i:0aa62913a0]Some franchisees and followers of Tony Robbins are known as "Robbins Clones". They mimic his hand movements, physical "anchor" movements, language patterns, vocal tonalities, stage performance, schtick, etc etc.[/i:0aa62913a0]

And many people clone their parents.

And many don't have a choice in the matter.

The key therefore is to have cool parents.:)

The thread for express
Date: January 27, 2004 12:54PM

(((((Rookie,
It appears that your statement implies that choice of modeling is possible and that you are capable of making that choice free from influence.

Are you being disingenuous or cute?

Guy))))))

My statement is saying that you model your parents whether you like it or not.

I don't see the statement as disingenuous or cute in anyway...but hey, if it floats your boat.....

The thread for express
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: January 28, 2004 01:03AM

Rookie,

My error apparently.
I was unable to derive "My statement is saying that you model your parents whether you like it or not. " from your three lines.
I like the structure of that sentence. It is forceful and direct to the point.
The other post was too ambiguous for me to grasp your intent.
I think it was my inability to properly interpret a sentence beginning with And.
There may may also some confusion about the others that have a choice in the matter, since only many don't have choice.
There was a conversation about choosing your parents at LEC and I wondered if you were refering to that idea.
I wondered what the key was meant to unlock.
I assumed that you were transposing the term clone for modeling. Was that accurate?

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Guy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.