Current Page: 2 of 4
The 'logic' of The Secret...
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: March 21, 2007 10:28AM

I don't know who Voltaire is or was but he must have heard of 'the secret' and landmark education....

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: March 25, 2007 05:48AM

Madshus
That makes me laugh... taking it too seriously? I still want a believer of the 'secret' to explain why they have to eat to appease their hunger. Like I said, according to them it's not the lack of food that makes them feel hungry, it's the thought that the lack of food makes them hungry. :wink:

Madshus, I like your logic. Maybe we could come up with a list of things a true believer of The Laws of Attraction should be able to live by.

So, a master of these laws should no longer have to eat, sleep, work...hell, they don't have to get off the couch...I think I can, I think I can, I know I can...*poof* and suddenly they're holidaying in the Bahamas. Problem is there's no need to ever leave the couch...or is that a banana lounge next to the pool. [i:96f08d2c9e]Would you like a cocktail, Sir?[/i:96f08d2c9e] No thanks, I don't drink or eat. In fact, I haven't been to the toilet for years. [i:96f08d2c9e]And how will you pay for your accomodation, Sir?[/i:96f08d2c9e] Oh, don't worry...the cheques in the mail. [i:96f08d2c9e]I'm sorry, Sir, we only accept Visa card or cash...[/i:96f08d2c9e]

Posted by: Madshus ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:11AM

Jack Oskar Larm
Madshus
That makes me laugh... taking it too seriously? I still want a believer of the 'secret' to explain why they have to eat to appease their hunger. Like I said, according to them it's not the lack of food that makes them feel hungry, it's the thought that the lack of food makes them hungry. :wink:

Madshus, I like your logic. Maybe we could come up with a list of things a true believer of The Laws of Attraction should be able to live by.

So, a master of these laws should no longer have to eat, sleep, work...hell, they don't have to get off the couch...I think I can, I think I can, I know I can...*poof* and suddenly they're holidaying in the Bahamas. Problem is there's no need to ever leave the couch...or is that a banana lounge next to the pool. [i:a8b8c01798]Would you like a cocktail, Sir?[/i:a8b8c01798] No thanks, I don't drink or eat. In fact, I haven't been to the toilet for years. [i:a8b8c01798]And how will you pay for your accomodation, Sir?[/i:a8b8c01798] Oh, don't worry...the cheques in the mail. [i:a8b8c01798]I'm sorry, Sir, we only accept Visa card or cash...[/i:a8b8c01798]

Interesting how their 'logic' doesn't work when you apply a nice does of reality to the mix, eh? :wink:

Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:37AM

...That's why this stuff always dovetails with the "create your own reality" crowd.

EZ

Posted by: Madshus ()
Date: March 29, 2007 01:36AM

ezdoesit
...That's why this stuff always dovetails with the "create your own reality" crowd.

I'm always amazed public figures like Oprah, etc don't identify such absurdity.

Date: July 07, 2007 08:00PM

ON2 LF
I don't know who Voltaire is or was but he must have heard of 'the secret' and landmark education....

--Voltaire

Voltaire wrote Candide in 1758 and anyone frustrated by The Secret should read it. I like to imagine the philosopher, Dr Pangloss is Rhonda Byrne: absurdly maintaining his philsophy that everything is as it should be in the face of being involved in an earthquake, a shipwreck, publically vilified, infected with disease, and ultimately hung.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: July 07, 2007 11:02PM

upsidedownnewspaper
ON2 LF

--Voltaire

Voltaire wrote Candide in 1758 and anyone frustrated by The Secret should read it. I like to imagine the philosopher, Dr Pangloss is Rhonda Byrne: absurdly maintaining his philsophy that everything is as it should be in the face of being involved in an earthquake, a shipwreck, publically vilified, infected with disease, and ultimately hung.

The new age mantra "everything is as it should be" induces complacency and non-reaction. Zombie-ism.

Voltaire's quote points to my question regarding just how deeply lgats change people. When someone has drifted out of an lgat, is the lgat still operating in them? It seems to me that until an lgat victim has been able to see the ABSURDITY of the "philosophy" they are liable to continue engaging in behavior that derives from that philosophy. This is why I can't trust my sister now. She thinks she's no longer involved in the lgat but she does not see the craziness of the lgat's so-called teachings, nor does she know about the covert manipulation done to her.

I'm still working on ascertaining what is making her tick these days, but I am keeping my distance from her while I do it.

skeptic

Date: July 08, 2007 01:01AM

ON2 LF,

Great quote, by the way. I've known about it for years, but hadn't connected it to lgats. Perfect connection! Thanks!

I found this one on another list:

The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by
its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which
blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves. D. James

Date: July 08, 2007 01:10AM

"Everything is as it should be" is a way to keep lgat subjects from thinking, or from questioning or disagreeing with the (lgat) program.

"Trust the process". <gag>

I was thinking today that, while some degree of deception is somehow acceptable in advertising, the advertising of lgats is 100% false. I thought about the allowance of a certain amount of rodent droppings/hair in chocolate. In the case of lgats, the entire bar of chocolate would consist of rodent parts.

Regarding deception in advertising I would like to think that, like rodent parts in chocolate, there is a limit to it. Lgats can be shown to be way over any acceptable level of deception.

More ponderings,
skeptic

Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: July 08, 2007 02:43AM

ON2 LF

--Voltaire

Since "The Secret" is sewn into the underbelly of every LGAT that has been shared on this website. Which is very clear as you read the relational atrocities that many participants have chosen to do with those who don't buy into this crap philosphy.

Especially spouses who see this messed up philosphy. Just read the many the many marriages that are ending as a direct result of this stuff.

LGAT's definitly got this down pat.[/quote]

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.