Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Information about ILP
Date: March 21, 2007 09:57AM

Thanks for the advice everyone, I am probably going to have a serious talk with my friend tomorrow. I'm frustrated because I had a Landmark moment with her today and I just wanted to smack her. I was expressing concern about a problem and she started in with "you can change your thinking," I said NO, I can change how I relate to an experience but not necesarily the results, she says "you don't know how powerful your thinking is." I'm trying to figure out why she annoyed me so much, since I do know she's a victim of Landmark and means well, and I think it's because this stuff comes across as so condescending. She suggested with regards to this specific issue I was having that maybe the cause was how I was approaching it, and I just consider that really rude. It's that whole "I have this wisdom that I've gained that you don't have and I know better than you how you should live your life" thing. Yuck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Information about ILP
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: March 22, 2007 10:19AM

Thanks for the advice everyone, I am probably going to have a serious talk with my friend tomorrow. I'm frustrated because I had a Landmark moment with her today and I just wanted to smack her. I was expressing concern about a problem and she started in with "you can change your thinking," I said NO, I can change how I relate to an experience but not necesarily the results, she says "you don't know how powerful your thinking is." I'm trying to figure out why she annoyed me so much, since I do know she's a victim of Landmark and means well, and I think it's because this stuff comes across as so condescending. She suggested with regards to this specific issue I was having that maybe the cause was how I was approaching it, and I just consider that really rude. It's that whole "I have this wisdom that I've gained that you don't have and I know better than you how you should live your life" thing. Yuck.

reading your post is like re-living those same moments with my friend. So frustrating and so maddening and yet there's not a thing you can do to cause them to see how foolishly they've been manipulated and deceived. I hope you have some way to cause your friend to hear you. She may listen but the tricky part in communicating with a Landmarkian is in getting them to [i:3dbedafd5d][b:3dbedafd5d]hear[/b:3dbedafd5d][/i:3dbedafd5d]. If they could hear, Landmark would've gone out of business before it ever got re-named from EST.

Information about ILP
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: March 22, 2007 01:48PM

just a P.S. for wantToSaveMyFriend:

check out a conversation between a 'PG' and an 'anti-landmark' at the site posted below and you can see how a landmarkian cannot hear reason or simply ignores valid points and sticks to circular LE-programmed logic.

[thezeroboss.com]

Information about ILP
Posted by: csfield ()
Date: March 31, 2007 11:15AM

One creepy thing they do in the ILP is something called "mirror work".
You practice looking excited in the mirror until you can sustain it for minutes at a time.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.