Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Critics of Tony Robbins are humorous
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:10PM

Well folks. I look up Obi-Wans other post that he has contributed to this site.

Looks like another apologist is amongst us. Stinky, stinky.

Keep on posting Obi-Wan. Keeps us realizing the insanity of these companies and the affect on the participants ability to live in reality.

Thanks for a glimpse of your reality though. Definitely one needing a space suit to be worn in.

LOL

Posted: 02-25-2007 11:47 AM Post subject: Hoffman: By All Means Go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hoffman Process is amazing! Extremely valuable and not a cult

Your husband and yourself should go if you're able. Anybody who has gone will tell you it's like 7 years of therapy in a week.

There have been independed studies of it done by Harvard and UC Berkeley which confirm its effectiveness.

It's hard work and if you were to hear about some of the particulars out of context you'd wonder 'what the ??' but in context I've felt that it is so brilliant to be at a Nobel Prize level.

Don't be discouraged by others criticism of it, they haven't gone thru it. There are thousands of others who normal happy intelligent people who have anld would be happy to endorse it.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, any group will have its crtics. I'll have to look up the Cults of the Cubs Scouts and Brownies!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: June 16, 2007 05:31PM

Rswinters
There have been independed studies of it done by Harvard and UC Berkeley which confirm its effectiveness.

Landmark mentions these studies all the time. But apparently Harvard and UC Berkeley studies have not addressed the core problem with the recruitment pressure at Landmark. Many participants of Landmark course end up arrogant and recruiting others. Some people don't even realize what they are doing mixing the seminar results and the recruting.

Staff members at Landmark are measured by the number of new recruits not by the results of the participants in their life.

A study in the UK was also done by a former LEC participant, though a nice and respectable person, at the time subtly brain washed and helping Landmark with recruiting.

Date: June 17, 2007 02:07AM

MartinH
Rswinters

quote]

Please be careful with how you cut & paste quotes. I did not say this quote. It was a quote I cut and pasted from Obi-Wans quote.

Please don't change anothers post by manipulating like this.

I am not for LGAT's. I am after getting the Federal goverment to shut them down.

I will ask rick to delete you post MartinH. Only because you changed my post to make it seem the quote you put for my name as being from me.

When it was a quote of Obi-Wan.

Date: June 17, 2007 02:10AM

MartinH
Landmark mentions these studies all the time. But apparently Harvard and UC Berkeley studies have not addressed the core problem with the recruitment pressure at Landmark. Many participants of Landmark course end up arrogant and recruiting others. Some people don't even realize what they are doing mixing the seminar results and the recruting.

Staff members at Landmark are measured by the number of new recruits not by the results of the participants in their life.

A study in the UK was also done by a former LEC participant, though a nice and respectable person, at the time subtly brain washed and helping Landmark with recruiting.

This was good information. Just be careful to quote people correctly is all I am asking.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: June 17, 2007 02:30AM

sorry, Rwinters, of course it was Obi-wans quote ... I referred only to the information, I am sure readers recognize that you are against LGTAs.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 17, 2007 07:31AM

Obi-Wan
...This forum is a cult...The trick to learning from anyone is to think... and question critically...Also, a thinking adult person with reasonable intelligence is supposed to *question* EVERYTHING ... it's the essential component of thinking and forming values and one's basic character. We all can and do learn something from everyone...
So, take a break all of you conspiracy theorists... unless you've given up your ability to pose and answer good questions and come to your own conclusions based upon facts and your own knowledge rather than become one of the masses of unthinking unknowing conspiracy nuts marching off an angry cliff together...

Question everything? Good call, IMO, but it sounds slimey when it's laced with hypocrisy. I mean, you state that this forum is a cult and then state that an adult person with reasonable intelligence should question everything. Does that make you less than an adult? I agree that we can learn something from everyone - I certainly learnt quite a lot about you from your passionate post.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Obi-Wan, if you can summarise what it is that makes this forum cult-like. What makes it a forum loaded with an unthinking mass?

And what do you mean by taking a break? Are you suggesting that we stop questioning?

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: June 18, 2007 01:11PM

MartinH
sorry, Rwinters, of course it was Obi-wans quote ... I referred only to the information, I am sure readers recognize that you are against LGTAs.

Yes, I think your intention was obvious. Rwinters, don't be so rude next time. But thanks for your opinions, otherwise.

Date: June 18, 2007 01:28PM

Rudeness was not intended. Sorry...

I just don't like being so miss-quoted is all.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.