Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Critics of Tony Robbins are humorous
Posted by: Obi-Wan ()
Date: February 25, 2007 05:46PM

I've just stumbled across this forum while Googling for some research I'm doing. I've been alternating between Laughing out loud and appalled at how far over the edge some people are.

Some of you are rabid conspiracy theory freaks who speak way beyond your knowledge. You wouldn't drive way faster than you could see down a winding road unless you were a stupid or careless driver. Why think that way based upon the emotional whirlwind of this collective? This state of mind is as dangerous as those boogy-man things which have you-all so worked up about.

This forum is a cult.

I'm a scientist and have been for decades. I've also been to a number of Tony Robbins events, a T. Harv Eker Millionaire Mind seminar and a few others and I can tell you that most of you are so worked up about nothing it's funny. You have no perspective.

I will grant that as a very careful scientist, there is about 15-20% of what Tony preaches that is pure crap. It made me angry the way he marketed some of this crap too!

Also, I was very worried about some of the people there who had what I viewed as being addictive personalities and likely to be mindless followers. It's not him... he doesn't want that.... it's the people who go to the seminar to start off with... duh.... They don't get it and mindlessly follow in the same direction they were on to start off with.... Stands to reason that people with problems are more likely to go to one of these right? It's statistically selective in that way. Are some of this statistical grouping gonna have a bad experience? Yes.

However, I still have sent a few friends to his seminars!

Why? Because there is about a good solid 60-65% of what he teaches that I feel he does an outstanding job of conveying to the audience, and it has really helped all of the friends I sent immensely! They are very worthwhile!

Hey and Tony has done some bad things! I know about these too. It's the message not the person. You can find faults with ANY human being... it's just the way we all are...

The trick to learning from anyone is to think... and question critically....

Also, a thinking adult person with reasonable intelligence is supposed to *question* EVERYTHING ... it's the essential component of thinking and forming values and one's basic character. We all can and do learn something from everyone....

Also, the firewalk is an amazing thing to do! It's simply used as a metaphor... The fire and coals are real and not the wimpy little charcoal briquettes.. it's hotter than hell real hardwood that get's burnt down to coals and although I'd kept trying to figure out the physics of this to make sense of it... it just amazed me to walk across these coals. The idea is that we all have certain beliefs that control our lives and emotions ... alot of them are pure BS beliefs. So the firewalk is simply an assult on something that is very a very primative fear we all have. When you end up walking over the coals you can't help but question all of the other BS beliefs you have. It's a very good thing and I'll do it again as well as some other things too. ;o)

So, take a break all of you conspiracy theorists... unless you've given up your ability to pose and answer good questions and come to your own conclusions based upon facts and your own knowledge rather than become one of the masses of unthinking unknowing conspiracy nuts marching off an angry cliff together.

Geeze Lighten up. Sign up for Unleash the Power Within with Tony. It's a very great deal. Sign up for Harv's Millionaire Mind Intensive. It's FREE for crying out loud. And you will learn something if you get out of your own angry way. Just use what works for you and toss out the rest. Thinking educated adults are allowed to do that!

:D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: February 26, 2007 01:45AM

u want to tell us all the things u learned ?

Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: February 26, 2007 02:38AM

Typical tactic: to outright attack opponents. Nice living!

Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: February 26, 2007 02:41AM

Oh.. and recruitment: "Sign up for Unleash the Power Within with Tony. "

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: February 26, 2007 03:12AM

I have to say that I have learned very helpful techniques from reading some Tony Robbins books.

But now that I know how these mass marathon trainings can mess with your mind, I would be very cautious about going to one of his seminars.

Posted by: Kastlefeer ()
Date: February 26, 2007 08:02AM

Obi-Wan
there is about 15-20% of what Tony preaches that is pure crap

Why don't you suggest a more refined alternative rather than subject the ignorant masses to this minefield.

Care to let us know your field of study, your credentials in fact, I mean really why should we trust your recommendation?

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 26, 2007 08:43AM

I put a response to this in the Robbins thread. I suggest we try to keep it to the Robbins main thread, and not let some "misdirection" break that thread up.

[board.culteducation.com]

Posted by: flyingspur ()
Date: June 16, 2007 02:26PM

Obi-Wan
I've just stumbled across this forum while Googling for some research I'm doing. I've been alternating between Laughing out loud and appalled at how far over the edge some people are.

Some of you are rabid conspiracy theory freaks who speak way beyond your knowledge. You wouldn't drive way faster than you could see down a winding road unless you were a stupid or careless driver. Why think that way based upon the emotional whirlwind of this collective? This state of mind is as dangerous as those boogy-man things which have you-all so worked up about.

This forum is a cult.

I'm a scientist and have been for decades. I've also been to a number of Tony Robbins events, a T. Harv Eker Millionaire Mind seminar and a few others and I can tell you that most of you are so worked up about nothing it's funny. You have no perspective.

I will grant that as a very careful scientist, there is about 15-20% of what Tony preaches that is pure crap. It made me angry the way he marketed some of this crap too!

Also, I was very worried about some of the people there who had what I viewed as being addictive personalities and likely to be mindless followers. It's not him... he doesn't want that.... it's the people who go to the seminar to start off with... duh.... They don't get it and mindlessly follow in the same direction they were on to start off with.... Stands to reason that people with problems are more likely to go to one of these right? It's statistically selective in that way. Are some of this statistical grouping gonna have a bad experience? Yes.

However, I still have sent a few friends to his seminars!

Why? Because there is about a good solid 60-65% of what he teaches that I feel he does an outstanding job of conveying to the audience, and it has really helped all of the friends I sent immensely! They are very worthwhile!

Hey and Tony has done some bad things! I know about these too. It's the message not the person. You can find faults with ANY human being... it's just the way we all are...

The trick to learning from anyone is to think... and question critically....

Also, a thinking adult person with reasonable intelligence is supposed to *question* EVERYTHING ... it's the essential component of thinking and forming values and one's basic character. We all can and do learn something from everyone....

Also, the firewalk is an amazing thing to do! It's simply used as a metaphor... The fire and coals are real and not the wimpy little charcoal briquettes.. it's hotter than hell real hardwood that get's burnt down to coals and although I'd kept trying to figure out the physics of this to make sense of it... it just amazed me to walk across these coals. The idea is that we all have certain beliefs that control our lives and emotions ... alot of them are pure BS beliefs. So the firewalk is simply an assult on something that is very a very primative fear we all have. When you end up walking over the coals you can't help but question all of the other BS beliefs you have. It's a very good thing and I'll do it again as well as some other things too. ;o)

So, take a break all of you conspiracy theorists... unless you've given up your ability to pose and answer good questions and come to your own conclusions based upon facts and your own knowledge rather than become one of the masses of unthinking unknowing conspiracy nuts marching off an angry cliff together.

Geeze Lighten up. Sign up for Unleash the Power Within with Tony. It's a very great deal. Sign up for Harv's Millionaire Mind Intensive. It's FREE for crying out loud. And you will learn something if you get out of your own angry way. Just use what works for you and toss out the rest. Thinking educated adults are allowed to do that!

:D

Ok buddy, I have been to Tony's UPW, bought his products, done the fire walk etc. agreed there is an element of fun, but Tony is full of semantics and bullshit. The guy left his wife after coaching everyone else on relationships! what a joke! And that John gray is a fake too.

As for the fire walk and the physics of it, please watch this eye opener - or should I say mind opener?? You are a scientist who does not know his physics? LOL. Then watch Dr. Shermer at work in this video.

[www.youtube.com]

I have unleashed the power alright and thats what helps me see through corny bullshit like Tony's. Tony's stuff is nothing but a momentary feel good factor which costs too much money.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: June 16, 2007 02:57PM

Obi-Wan
This forum is a cult.

I'm a scientist and have been for decades. I've also been to a number of Tony Robbins events, a T. Harv Eker Millionaire Mind seminar and a few others and I can tell you that most of you are so worked up about nothing it's funny. adults are allowed to do that!

I'm a scientist, too and have been for decades. And I think Lankmark is very much like a cult and that's why I am posting here. Tony Robbins is not like Landmark, in my opinion.

Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:01PM

Let the B.S fly. Wheeewwwyyy Stinky pew

What was this post supppose to encourage?

I must of missed it.

Talk about being out there.

I think I will pass on this supposed scientifically based post.

LOL

Unbelievable...

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.