The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Cosmic Connie ()
Date: March 25, 2007 02:12PM

Re the Ho'opopo song... Blair Warren and I have been casually discussing rounding up some musicians and getting it done... Blair, if you're here, let's talk about it some more!

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: believeinu ()
Date: March 25, 2007 04:15PM

to their backdoor way of sugarcoating money schemes.....you know i am a believer in god, and some things the bible says, and one of the verses is coming more and more true, that another form of god like forgot how it goes but just talks about something or someone else coming out to practically form some kind of new religion and believing in it before god himself. i'm telling you man, these motherfuckers are just plain out of their freakin minds. literally.....my ex wife is a landmarkian, married a guy from there that she had just met and the only ones that suffer are my little babies, but they're strong i tell them everytime i talk to them on the phone
"What I'm looking for (for)
Can not be sold to me
I wish they all would stop trying
Cuz what I want, and what I need, is and will always be free " -brandon boyd "when it comes"

i remind them to feel happy, and good hearted, to be a great person shouldn't have a damn price, feelings and sentiments are freakin free, is and will always be, just some people don't realize that, i told my ex that i was going to their seminar and she was like "really great you should come, so that we can all be close and blah blah blah" then i was like "no i'm not going to participate i'm going to demonstrate outside and tell people "tickets please, tickets please, hurry to the scariest ride in the carnival" she got mad and hung up the phone...jajajajaja my daughters call it lamemark, my babies are strong, fuck if i'm going to let some megalomaniacs try to rape their minds i'll be damned....be strong everyone, this place if filled with silly motherfuckers, this has been around for ages, just now they bring in celebrities to promote it even more, but look at who they are, money hungry bastards and most of those celebrities their movies suck, will smith, please, "parents just don't understand", no they probably fuckin didn't understand him at least not now....tom, shit the only news you here about him is on a fuckin sofa "i'm in love oprah, i'm in love ahhhhh" probably the only movie they'll remember about that kat.

peace out everyone, just be with your loved ones, the ones close to you, and if they are in these self help shit, kind of keep your distance but when they realize the truth be there to support, to show that shit like that are not what they seem that the ones that love you the most will never leave you. know what i mean, there's an old saying that i grew up, when the person you love leaves for whatever reason, bad or good, they come back if they love you too, if they don't then it ain't really worth it, and just wish them well.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: March 26, 2007 08:32AM

"lamemark" LOVE IT! creative and truthful! I've heard two very funny descriptions of landmark on this message board so far: "landroid" and now "lamemark".
To the creative ones out there, why not write a children's book called, "The landroids of lamemark" and use it as a cult prevention/awareness resource just like the old "Smokey the Bear" book used to be for preventing forest fires.... :D

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Cosmic Connie ()
Date: March 26, 2007 09:06AM

Just so I'll be up to speed... You are talking about Landmark Forum, which is the latter-day incarnation of est, right? I never got so lucky, but I did get sucked into the Life Training years ago (Kairos Foundation)...(I think it's now called More To Life.)

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: believeinu ()
Date: March 26, 2007 09:22AM

see here's the thing i could care less if my ex is at lamemark and her silly husband that she met there, but they try to infiltrate my babies minds and it's hard cause they don't want to go and be part of any of their freakin friends that they do home recruiting and what not, not where they live but other people's houses and the thing i'm wondering about is, i want to know if i could go to court and stipulate in our custody agreement that it's not appropiate for them to be hearing or seeing any of that shit, i know there's got to be something in the law that says that, i remember the judge saying that we could not do any changes or making them part of anything without the consent of one or the other, and if this is a self help organization (yeah right, self help to be broke after giving them money) but that it's not said in the court of law that just because doesn't mean they have to go right? i worry everyday for my daughters, but i try to be strong when i'm with them and talk to them on the phone and i tell them to not listen to anything that anyone tells them, to be happy and to know that their other family (us) is always there for them and that lamemark is for people who are weak and not sure of who they are, so i tell them they know who they are , to just hold your head up high and be truthful and honest, but still this wench is trying to make them part of something that is going to affect them in their young lives....one day i'm going to go to their seminars in l.a. and i hope this chick is there so that she can see that i'm going to fight for my daughters and let those sheep know who they're fucking with....

did anyone check out this myspace profile, scary shit about lamemark, i will send this stuff to inside edition, dateline, anybody that wants a real story about money making schemes, someone has to buy into the story, all it takes is one station to air it, then people will start to wonder, ask questions, research the internet, and hopefully the growing numbers of attendance in lamemark and places like that will and can start to diminish.

thanks everyone!!!

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: elena ()
Date: March 30, 2007 09:26PM

believeinu
see here's the thing i could care less if my ex is at lamemark and her silly husband that she met there, but they try to infiltrate my babies minds and it's hard cause they don't want to go and be part of any of their freakin friends that they do home recruiting and what not, not where they live but other people's houses and the thing i'm wondering about is, i want to know if i could go to court and stipulate in our custody agreement that it's not appropiate for them to be hearing or seeing any of that shit, i know there's got to be something in the law that says that, i remember the judge saying that we could not do any changes or making them part of anything without the consent of one or the other, and if this is a self help organization (yeah right, self help to be broke after giving them money) but that it's not said in the court of law that just because doesn't mean they have to go right? i worry everyday for my daughters, but i try to be strong when i'm with them and talk to them on the phone and i tell them to not listen to anything that anyone tells them, to be happy and to know that their other family (us) is always there for them and that lamemark is for people who are weak and not sure of who they are, so i tell them they know who they are , to just hold your head up high and be truthful and honest, but still this wench is trying to make them part of something that is going to affect them in their young lives....one day i'm going to go to their seminars in l.a. and i hope this chick is there so that she can see that i'm going to fight for my daughters and let those sheep know who they're fucking with....

did anyone check out this myspace profile, scary shit about lamemark, i will send this stuff to inside edition, dateline, anybody that wants a real story about money making schemes, someone has to buy into the story, all it takes is one station to air it, then people will start to wonder, ask questions, research the internet, and hopefully the growing numbers of attendance in lamemark and places like that will and can start to diminish.

thanks everyone!!!

I can't minimize the danger of this. You'll have to fight. Call the Landmark office and inform them that you are seeking legal counsel regarding any attempt by your ex-wife to include your children in her Landmark activities. Don't let them intimidate you. They want people to get their kids involved. Tell them you disagree with the teachings and you will pursue them in whatever way you can. These people are shameless, but they don't like legal threats. I can't tell you how despicable these scammers are when it comes to "harvesting" the children of their members. They know where the future $$$ are coming from.

Best to you,
Ellen

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: elena ()
Date: March 30, 2007 09:55PM

I was thumbing through a junky old paperback that was in a box of books and came across this startling news from 1978:

"Before Man can progress, he must realize that THOUGHT is a MIGHTY CREATIVE FORCE. Each thought, therefore, ACTIVATED by STRONG FEELINGS of FEAR or DESIRE, is a CREATIVE ACT which seeks to EXTERNALIZE itself in the form of some EXPERIENCE, constructive or destuctive.

There is a UNIVERSAL LAW OF MIND that LIKE ALWAYS ATTRACTS LIKE.

Reduced to utter simplicity: if an individual thinks GOOD thoughts, he will eventually attract GOOD things; if he thinks BAD thoughts, he will ultimately attract BAD things."

(page 13 of "How To Picture What You Want," by some old fool named Harold Sherman. He also wrote such blockbusters as "How To Foresee and Control Your Future," "How To Make ESP Work For You," and "You Can Communicate With the Unseen World.")

WTF. Just out of curiosity I checked Amazon to see what others might have said and surprise, surprise: the cheapest available copy of this out-of-print bit of pulp is $30 plus postage and that's for a beat-up, water-damaged copy. How can this be?

Ellen

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Madshus ()
Date: March 30, 2007 10:49PM

elena
...How can this be?Ellen

Ellen, how can what be? Are you wondering why the book would cost an interested buyer $30? Your post seems alittle sporadic. What are you trying to convey?

To me, your post read like you are questioning having a 'positive mental attitude'. Such a concept is not new, and in fact, is healthy in my opinion. But when it's packaged so as to manipulate people from dealing with reality, then there is an issue.

Again, what is the point with your last post... I'm curious.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 30, 2007 11:16PM

What Ellen was saying seems perfectly clear to me. There is not one word that is "new" or a "Secret" in The Secret.

Every single "idea" in the Secret comes from what is called New Thought, which has been around for over 100 years.

The idea she is attacking, seems to me the idea that your Thought effects external reality DIRECTLY. That is the problem. Of course our Thoughts can create our INTERNAL realities, and those beliefs do effect our lives, by the actions we take or don't take, and our self-perceptions, etc. So a realistic PMA and Optimism is good, and is accounted for in psychology.

But the Secret goes make the cardinal error of thinking that our Thoughts DIRECTLY create external reality, and they show no proof for this, other than stories. Its complete nonsense, as if it were true, then it would be easy to prove by psychokinesis tests. (which always fail).

The Secret beliefs are ultimately damaging to people.
But the Secret hysteria has already died down a bit, like the Da Vinci Code hype, and the Celestine Prophecy, it will fall into the dust-bin of mass hysteria history.

And will be replaced by the next mass hysteria hype-job of Magical Thinking next month.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 30, 2007 11:29PM

by the way, that used out of print book from the 70's, is going for up to $100 on Amazon.
The reason why people want it, is called Scarcity Marketing...but in this case the book is scarce as its out of print. But people falsely manufacture that "Scarcity" as a sales technique. It works.

How To Picture What You Want by Harold Sherman

[www.amazon.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.