Current Page: 37 of 45
The Secret (a movie) Joe Vitale, The Key, Hypnosis, Byron Katie
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 19, 2008 04:25AM

Saw another book by Joe Vitale in the library.
This one is called:
The Key: The Missing Secret for Attracting Anything You Want

Page one of the book is all you need to read. He opens the book saying...you've seen The Secret movie by Rhonda Byrne, and What the Bleep, you've read the self-help books, attended the seminars, and YOUR LIFE IS STILL NOT WORKING! What is wrong?
What is wrong is you need The Key by Joe Vitale, to make it all work!

:-)

Totally hilarious. You see, Joe Vitale and all these other guys and gals, know that this stuff does NOT work for people, as they see it everyday. Making change is very hard to do. This is why he opens his book with it, as he knows that his customers have read all those other books and FAILED to change.

So its the perfect business.
You promise people everything is going to get better, if they buy your product.
They buy it, and nothing changes.
Then you sell them the next product, and on it goes forever.
The Secret doesn't work, so you need The Key. Then The Chain, then The Link, then The Power, whatever. These guys must laugh themselves silly doing this stuff.

Also, the intro to the book is by Bob Proctor. Its a pure, old fashioned hypnotic induction, by the book. Pure HYPNOTIC INDUCTIONS, crudely done.

Also, that master of disaster Joe Vitale publishes the book under his company HYPNOTIC MARKETING INC.

May I vent a little. The trolls who come around yelping about there is no hypnosis being done by these people are liars. Yes, self-conscious liars, and sometimes just ignorant. But usually they are lying through their teeth.

For example, Joe Vitale named his damn company HYPNOTIC MARKETING INC.
So please, do not listen to the shills and liars who try to hide this stuff.
Joe Vitale seems to be more old school, so he was dim enough to call his company by its true name. If he were more devious, he would have named it...The Save The Children Foundation, or whatever, or The Work Foundation.

But he didn't.
HYPNOTIC MARKETING INC.
That says it all.

Same with Byron Katie. She is just much more intelligent that Joe Vitale, and less crude, as he brags about his owning 12 cars, etc.
Expect him to go bankrupt in afew years, then write books on how to get rich going broke.

But they are all doing the same thing...HYPNOTIC SELLING.
Some are just better at concealing it.

Personally, I am sick to death of the lying liars who try to conceal this stuff.
Profoundly crooked people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Secret (a movie) Joe Vitale, The Key, cancer cures?
Date: July 19, 2008 10:43AM

Post-script:
It gets much worse, on page 27 of the book, The Key, Joe Vitale is talking about some product that "cures cancer and dissolves tumors"(p.27) from some company called BluBlocker Corporation.
So that is no longer amusing, when Joe Vitale is getting into the exploit those with cancer by selling them unregulated supplements over the internet, scam.
Hopefully there is a special place in karma-hell for those who exploit those with cancer to make fast cash. They probably operate outside of the US, so the FTC doesn't come after them.

---------------------------

another point of note, is that people were talking about how their negative reviews of Joe Vitale as a ripoff artist were being deleted from Amazon.com
Guys like Joe Vitale hire some internet interns, to just make complaints and try to get bad reviews deleted, and appear to succeed most of the time.
There is a little thread about it.

The one good thing about Joe Vitale is that he is so blatant, you can see his process. Many of the other people are much more subtle.

[www.amazon.com]

100 of 116 people found the following review helpful:

more of the same garbage, November 1, 2007
By Victor Allen "thinking in Idaho"
Why does Amazon remove all negative reviews of this book. I have reviewed it four times
(always with a one star rating) and every time, my review is removed. Likewise, every other
one star rating (and there have been a lot of them) are removed. Amazon dishonesty on
open display, just like Joe Vitale's.

The Secret, Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction, scam
Date: July 31, 2008 03:38AM

Saw another book in the library about The Secret.
(Its a drag our tax dollars have to go to these scammers to buy their lousy books that promote their LGAT seminars and other products).
This one is..

Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams
[www.amazon.com]
Hardcover: 138 pages ISBN-10: 0757306586

Its the exact same tripe as all the rest of these LoA books, and also highly manipulative.
The list price for the book is very high, for a book of 128 pages, at least half of which are blank or filler. They even rip you off the prices of the paper! Never mind the crummy content.

He also has links to websites in the book, which obviously are PAID ADVERTISEMENTS.
He links to Sedona, EFT, and also BYRON KATIE.
Of course he promotes all his own material as well.
All of these companies cross-sell their customer lists, as if a person is buying one, he will buy the other.

Jack Canfield is simply just a very sophisticated and slick salesman.
He simply SELLS people what they THINK they want to buy.
That's it.
Sales sales sales.
He doesn't care what he sells, as long as people buy it.
And nothing sells better than vaporware about The Secret, at this moment.

They are selling people what they think is the ultimate product, the product that will get you every other product, without any effort...The Secret Key to the Law of Attraction.

Most LGAT's in the end sell a version of that delusion.
Its the IDEA of the ultimate product, so they can charge a fortune for it, and it doesn't work, so people keep coming back for more books and seminars.
Quite brilliant when you think about it. The goose that lays the golden egg.

Re: The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: JB ()
Date: August 04, 2008 11:38PM

Rswinters
[quote="caligari]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbL3db2z_Ic[/quote]

Oh my gosh. This was hilarious. If it was not for the fact that I bought into this crap philosphy and destroyed my life by applying it.[/quote]

Wow. It's 8:30 a.m. where I am and I'm laughing my ass off. At the clip, not at you're having applied it and having your life ruined.

I remember when The Secret first hit the LA area. I would go to my usual Starbucks where I knew a lot of people and at least once a day for weeks I would hear some mention or another of The Secret. I even had two acquaintances invited me up to their apartment to watch it with them (is there some embedded NLP bullshit command that prompts them to do that?)

I have a friend who swallows New Age bilge like it's fresh sushi. She was recovering from a bout with Sedona Methodology and we were talking on the phone when I mentioned that I was buying a new computer. She asked me where I got the money for it. I told I had just gotten my federal tax refund check. First thing out of her mouth was "Law of Attraction." I gently replied, "No, it was a tax refund". She countered with: "But you wanted a computer. And a check arrived in the mail. You attracted that check." I sighed internally and did not dispute her assertions. She sits at her part time job and does this visualizing shit all day long, waiting for things to arrive. Really. It's depressing to watch.

I was at a party some time later and the hosts had a DVD of The Secret. I asked them to pop it in after most of the guests had gone home. I watched up through when a genie appears with a magic lamp. I laughed heartily but was alternately flabbergasted that people have collectively spent $300 million on this.

Re: The Secret (a movie) and Oprah, what is her problem?
Date: January 04, 2009 02:48PM

Oprah is remarketing her food issues, about weighing 200 lbs again
[www.oprah.com]

So here you have Oprah, who shilled for The Secret with Rhonda Byrne over and over, and sold that garbage to millions of people. And Oprah does NOT follow what is in The Secret.
The Secret says to be skinny is about your "beliefs", if you believe you are skinny, you can eat 10,000 calories a day, and be skinny. That is the insanity they sell.
That is literally what Rhonda Byrne says she believes, and its a complete fraud.

But Oprah blames her thyroid, or whatever, for being fat again. So that is the complete opposite to the foolishness of The Secret.

So one assumes underneath all the BS Oprah is a decent person?
Then why does she ram all this garbage like The Secret, Byron Katie, Abe-Hicks, down people's throats, when she does not believe any of it?
Is it all just cynical marketing?
Is it just cynical exploitation of the public?

Is her new marketing of her being 200 lbs just more marketing for her show, and perhaps more weight-loss books by her current associates? That seems most likely...most people want to lose weight, and that is a huge cash-cow.

One hopes that one day people in that media position will show a shred of critical thinking, and realize they are delivering their viewers into the hands of wolves, like The Secret gang of exploiters, every single one of the people in The Secret has released books, products, and they are making off like bandits.
One of the worst is John Assaraf, [www.johnassaraf.com]
who literally just takes 10 books by other people, and takes a summary of each book, and puts it into his book, and gets away with it.
John Assaraf exploiting people to such a high level, is 100% due to Oprah promotion of The Secret.

Its amazing how she can do this, over and over, and still remain like teflon.

Date: January 04, 2009 02:57PM

another thing is Oprah seems to say she was depressed, and also taking 3 different drugs for medical problems?
One has to wonder where the truth lies. It doesn't make any sense.

On the other hand, maybe the Eckhart Tolle nonsense really started to mess Oprah up?
She says she was falling into a depression, and that is what will happen if a person starts to try to detach and dissociate like Tolle says.
Also, The Secret New Thought ideas can make a person totally flake-out.

If anyone had a personal friend putting out such mixed messages as Oprah, constantly jumping from Guru's to doctors, to trainers, to drugs, to off-drugs, etc, they would enter the Flake Hall of Fame.
She also seems to be promoting moving away from using doctors and medicine...of course her lawyers get her to add disclaimers in the text.
Maybe the Eckhart Tolle thing is going deeper?

Either its totally flakey stuff, or its just marketing and advertising stuff.

It seems to be business and trend marketing.
She will probably integrate Eckhart Tolle and the other new agey cultish guru's into her new Best Life promotions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 03:03PM by The Anticult.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: January 05, 2009 12:28AM

The Anticult
another thing is Oprah seems to say she was depressed, and also taking 3 different drugs for medical problems?
One has to wonder where the truth lies. It doesn't make any sense.

On the other hand, maybe the Eckhart Tolle nonsense really started to mess Oprah up?
She says she was falling into a depression, and that is what will happen if a person starts to try to detach and dissociate like Tolle says.
Also, The Secret New Thought ideas can make a person totally flake-out.

If anyone had a personal friend putting out such mixed messages as Oprah, constantly jumping from Guru's to doctors, to trainers, to drugs, to off-drugs, etc, they would enter the Flake Hall of Fame.
She also seems to be promoting moving away from using doctors and medicine...of course her lawyers get her to add disclaimers in the text.
Maybe the Eckhart Tolle thing is going deeper?

Either its totally flakey stuff, or its just marketing and advertising stuff.

It seems to be business and trend marketing.
She will probably integrate Eckhart Tolle and the other new agey cultish guru's into her new Best Life promotions.

Perhaps Oprah's a good illustration of how new age b.s. will take you down. New agey goals are impossible to attain, which keeps you coming back for more new agey "assistance" and "wisdom" which just keeps setting you up to go down. New age "enlightment" is evil stuff. A sinister, ugly LIE.

Re: The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: January 05, 2009 01:54AM

JB
Rswinters
[quote="caligari]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbL3db2z_Ic[/quote]

Oh my gosh. This was hilarious. If it was not for the fact that I bought into this crap philosphy and destroyed my life by applying it.[/quote]

Wow. It's 8:30 a.m. where I am and I'm laughing my ass off. At the clip, not at you're having applied it and having your life ruined.

I remember when The Secret first hit the LA area. I would go to my usual Starbucks where I knew a lot of people and at least once a day for weeks I would hear some mention or another of The Secret. I even had two acquaintances invited me up to their apartment to watch it with them (is there some embedded NLP bullshit command that prompts them to do that?)

I have a friend who swallows New Age bilge like it's fresh sushi. She was recovering from a bout with Sedona Methodology and we were talking on the phone when I mentioned that I was buying a new computer. She asked me where I got the money for it. I told I had just gotten my federal tax refund check. First thing out of her mouth was "Law of Attraction." I gently replied, "No, it was a tax refund". She countered with: "But you wanted a computer. And a check arrived in the mail. You attracted that check." I sighed internally and did not dispute her assertions. She sits at her part time job and does this visualizing shit all day long, waiting for things to arrive. Really. It's depressing to watch.

I was at a party some time later and the hosts had a DVD of The Secret. I asked them to pop it in after most of the guests had gone home. I watched up through when a genie appears with a magic lamp. I laughed heartily but was alternately flabbergasted that people have collectively spent $300 million on this.

Good post!!!!!!

Re: The Secret (a movie) and New Age delusional thinking
Date: January 05, 2009 03:27AM

just as a sidebar, happened to see an old Star Trek episode which starred Leslie Parrish. she seemed familiar for some reason, and looking up her info it turns out she was THE Leslie Parrish that was the wife of Richard Bach, who wrote Jonathan Livingston Seagull. That is a good book, but it started Richard Bach down the road of very New Agey writing (Illusions), and it lead to him writing books about him and his new age Soulmate for life, Leslie Parrish. (The Bridge Across Forever and One).

Now of course, a few years later, they appear to have gotten "divorced amicably".

So that is yet another result of New Agey delusional thinking. Richard Bach wrote all those books about his new age Soulmate for life, who then appears to have dumped him shortly thereafter, in a amicable way?

That is the real problem with the New Age thinking, is its dishonesty. Why not just be honest?
How can you get dumped by your Soulmate for life, amicably?

Its the same as Oprah promoting The Secret to millions, but clearly not actually believing in it enough to do what it says? It just doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps it just comes down to cynical business.
Oprah's producers poll the audience about what they want to see, and they feed it to them.
Publishers coach writers to write what they think the public wants to buy.

That appears to be what's behind most of the New Age industry, most of the people in the industry don't believe or follow that stuff, like Oprah doesn't. They just sell it.
And many of the people who BUY the books, don't follow it either, they just buy it. If they tried to follow it, they would see its nonsense. Most people don't even READ the books they buy!

Its like a big confidence trick, based around impulse buying and wishful thinking.

Its very interesting that most people don't eve read the new age books they buy...

Re: The Secret (a movie) and Richard Bach and New Thought lies
Date: January 05, 2009 03:51AM

a little more looking into this, sheds some light. After his divorce, Leslie Parrish told Bach to never use her name again in his books. (one gets the sense she was perhaps tired of all the lies?)
Or maybe he traded Leslie in for a younger model named Sabryna Nelson-Alexopoulos. (that appears to be the consensus! Tony Robbins did the same thing, he dumped his Soulmate for life, for a younger blonde he met at one of his seminars...but of course when these guys ditch the wife for a younger model, its spiritual growth)
[web.archive.org]

So he goes and writes a "fiction story" just using different names...very passive-aggressive, so she can't sue him, one assumes? He then deleted all that stuff from the internet, but someone saved it here.

Note: What you are about to read is pure fiction. Any similarity between the characters in the following story and anyone else, living or dead, is pure coincidence. The story is a fable, with a moral, strictly for those readers who enjoy fictitious fables with morals. It is not a true story.
A FICTION STORY:

[www.inner-growth.info]

He also is spinning new theories, and also using his old canard, EVERYTHING IN THIS BOOK MAY BE WRONG.
So these New Thought writers, like Richard Bach, get it both ways.
But it does appear that Richard Bach was hounded off the internet by criticism of his hypocrisy.

Look at his ridiculous website...its a photo of a book that doesn't exist, from one of his earlier books, called the Messiah's Handbook.
[www.richardbach.com]
So he is criticizing his fans for making him into a Messiah, which is bullshit. They are criticizing him for being a hypocrite and a phony, and a manipulative jerk!!

(here are the older versions of the Richard Bach website from the Web archive)
[web.archive.org]

One assumes he doesn't care, he's set for life.

But after the New Thought disaster crumbles, every single one of these New Thought teachers goes into "hiding". Rhonda Byrne made her money, and after a few more projects, will vanish too.
They can't face reality.

Like Werner Erhard, and every other guru in this area. They always end up hiding from the world living on a boat or something.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 04:13AM by The Anticult.

Current Page: 37 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.