Current Page: 32 of 45
The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: June 23, 2007 03:32AM

rrmoderator
Some people attempt to gain private messaging access by posting ten nonsensical or seemingly pointless posts.

So what is done with those who are doing this slimy tactic?

Options: ReplyQuote
The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 23, 2007 05:43AM

When I receive complaints that they are abusing the private messsaging feature they are banned.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: caligari ()
Date: June 27, 2007 02:01AM

skeptic
Anyone hear of it, know anything?

A friend told me about it today, it was on Oprah. Sounds like "you create your reality". This crap is EVERYWHERE!!!!

skeptic

[www.youtube.com]

;)

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 27, 2007 03:22AM

[quote="caligari]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbL3db2z_Ic[/quote]

Oh my gosh. This was hilarious. If it was not for the fact that I bought into this crap philosphy and destroyed my life by applying it.

I would probably have watched this clip, and not found the humor in it.

I laughed so hard at the end of it. I got tears in my eyes.

Because even though this is extreme in making fun of "The Secret" philosphy.

The philosphy is so extreme that it needs to be dealt with in extreme ways.

Enjoy the clip.

Thanks caligari for posting it for us

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: caligari ()
Date: June 27, 2007 04:36AM

Rswinters
[quote="caligari]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbL3db2z_Ic[/quote]

Oh my gosh. This was hilarious. If it was not for the fact that I bought into this crap philosphy and destroyed my life by applying it.

I would probably have watched this clip, and not found the humor in it.

I laughed so hard at the end of it. I got tears in my eyes.

Because even though this is extreme in making fun of "The Secret" philosphy.

The philosphy is so extreme that it needs to be dealt with in extreme ways.

Enjoy the clip.

Thanks caligari for posting it for us

Sure thing; I gaffawed at the show finish too!

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 29, 2007 01:52PM

A while back I ordered the book by one of The Secret scammers from the library, and it came the other day and I read it.

Its the book...

"The Science Of Success" by James Arthur Ray. James Ray, the greasy salesman pitchman guy from The Secret.

What an atrocious book. At least 50% of the book, is simply ripped from Tony Robbins, word for word. Literally. His "mantra for wealth" is Tony Robbins mantra.
James Ray talks about all these "seminars" he attended, and it seems pretty clear he did Tony Robbins Mastery University, although he does not say so.
But, he says he moved to La Jolla in 1995, and that was Tony Robbins town at the time. Was he working with Robbins?
He doesn't mention Robbins in the book, and he does NOT recommed Robbins books in his Biblio. No wonder, people would see how much is lifted.

Its amazing how so many people who went into actual business with Tony Robbins will not even mention his name, ever.

James Ray also has a bunch of "stories" about how he "consulted" various businesses and "turned them around". No names. No proof, no 3rd part audits. He knows how to save himself getting in trouble...just don't give ANY facts. Just tell fairytales.

Are people really so naive, and shall I say "dumb" to believe such a load of crud from a professional salesman promoting his own business?

Then the books ends with his advertising pitch for his LGAT the "Harmonic Wealth Weekend". Another LGAT scam, upselling to whatever people will buy on credit cards from him.

Scam, scam, scam.
It will never end.
Wherever there is easy money to be bilked from the multitude, they will do it.

One would be wise to not even buy a rug or used stereo off James Ray.

Another failed businessman, who got cynical and angry, and went into the most ruthless game in town...the LGAT Seminar.
Total scam, top to bottom.

Wolves in the garb of sheep.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 29, 2007 09:11PM

They almost NEVER provide credit to training, affiliation, etc. My Doctor was up to his eyeballs in Landmark, recruited me (a patient) to be his event coordinator, and STILL never told me about his involvement, never used their terminology or language, but re-worded it to avoid, what? plagaiarism, copyright infringement?. It was only after finding this website that I was able to see the correlation between what he did in his practice and what he intended to do in his business. At least people like Ray give LGAT savvy folks a heads up by being so transparent.

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 30, 2007 04:55AM

Hope
At least people like Ray give LGAT savvy folks a heads up by being so transparent.

I guess that's the problem, probably less than 1% of people know anything about how manipulative these bullshit LGAT "seminars" are. Total rip-off a scam job.
The guy had a failing business ("a brush with bankruptcy") , and then decided to go into the LGAT and "Spirituality" business.

They are all pretty much like this. Failed salespeople, who can't take it anymore, and decide to go into the LGAT business and try to make some fast money off naive suckers.
Its hard to believe that so many people can get duped by someone like James Ray.
One wonders if most of his "fans" are women?
Its hard to believe that most normal guys with a head on their shoulders would not see the guy for what he is.
A cheap salesman, or in old school street-lingo... "slimeball".

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 30, 2007 05:38AM

[quote="The Anticult]One wonders if most of his "fans" are women?
Its hard to believe that most normal guys with a head on their shoulders would not see the guy for what he is. A cheap salesman, or in old school street-lingo... "slimeball".[/quote]

Please choose your words a little more carefully. Some of the offshoot LGAT's are not as obvious as some others.

Brian Klemmer and His company Klemmer & Associates are very slick and duped me. I am a man in my forties and I still can't believe I got suckered into this messed up philosphy.

Now as I am back seeing the professional Counselor who I was seeing when I started my 2 year stint in Klemmer. Even my counselor back then was very weary and didn't buy into Klemmers crap when I gave him Brians first book and asked if we could frame our counseling around it.

He didn't buy it. After I went to the first level seminar and allowed myself to be fully hooked by this philosphy.

Well, it destroyed my life in application and now I am back seeing the professional counselor and discovering it is the very deep emotional garbage that I have from not dealing with the very abusive, and traumatic family that I grew up in.

The emotional garbage in my life made me ripe for the picken for such a philosphy that promises a short cut, and a quick fix.

Well it failed and dropped even more destructive emotional crap as I failed in choosing to go all the way through Klemmer & Associates seminars.

Now comes the hard part. I am dealing with all the emotional garbage from my childhood. At least the destruction that Klemmers philosphy finally woke me up to my need to deal with this emotional garbage from my past.

It hurts tremendously to deal with this stuff. But, I am making progress.

So, in time. I will be a better man from it all.

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 30, 2007 06:13AM

I was just giving my personal viewpoint about James Ray. The guy makes one's skin crawl in less than 5 seconds.
Most "regular guys" actually don't buy into the bullshit from guys like James Ray, Werner Erhard, etc. They instantly see these guys as scammers, but they might not know why. They just know the guy is trying to take their money out of their pocket.

So that's all I meant. Cheap salesmen, with fake smiles, fancy suits, tanned faces, and lots of fancy-ass vague BS word stories...most guys don't trust that. They know all about the "used car" salesmen methods.
But sometimes women can get conned easier by that kind of guy. Think "car salesman" and studies have shown that women pay much more for their cars, in general, than men.
Just like guys can get conned easier by women with...umm. "assets" and women see right through her in 4 seconds.

But of course everyone has their weakness. But no man is easier to dupe, than a man with a PhD. This is why doctors often get scammed in investments by scammer guys who are much less intelligent, but far craftier.

One good thing that can come out of getting scammed, is that if we pay attention, we can learn lessons that will last a lifetime. We can learn how to turn the manipulations of guys like James Ray back on them in seconds.

Current Page: 32 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.