Current Page: 30 of 45
The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 14, 2007 07:32AM

This from the grand dame, Byron Katie:

True creation is like this: There is no cancer until the doctor tells someone that they have cancer and then until they believe it they can’t have it. If they have never heard of cancer before, they must first be taught that it exists, and then they can believe that they have it, and that must be taught too. If they don’t believe it from the doctor, then the family has to teach them. We teach them to have it and then we teach them to try and get rid of it, and if they can’t, then they die. We have to teach them that they live first, though. If we haven’t been taught, how can we believe? And we ourselves create “it” (cancer, everything) the moment we believe. All the evidence shows that it’s true, and that is how the belief is held in place. The mind goes from nothing to crazy with fear (really crazy, sometimes). This is the way people create, reinforce, and maintain their beliefs: “I am going to die, they can’t save me, my children can’t make it without me, God is punishing me, I don’t know how to unmanifest my cancer,” on and on. When the phone rings and it is someone you love talking to, you are laughing, talking, enjoying life in that moment: where is the cancer in that moment? Do you have cancer or are you absolutely cancer-free in that moment? Of course, we are absolutely cancer-free until the mind brings back the unquestioned cancer story into reality. I use the term “absolutely” on purpose. The mind creates who and what we are when we believe our thoughts and experience the concepts, feelings, and images in our heads in the moment. This isn’t right or wrong, it is just so in the moment we believe what we seem to be experiencing as our identity.

Hmmm... :roll:

I can't believe people like this are walking free...

Options: ReplyQuote
The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 14, 2007 09:41AM

Jack Oskar Larm

It really is sick and demented how people like that can put out that type of extremely dangerous nonsense, and get away with it. What happens is that people can DENY to themselves that they have a cancer or disease, and they miss the early opportunity to treat it, and can end up dying due to lack of early medical treatment.

Its the same with Abraham-Hicks. In the intro to one of their books, they state that they do NOT have health insurance, and do NOT ever go to see a doctor!

Notice how their lawyers have told them to phrase it like that to protect them from legal liability?

Meanwhile, Abraham-Hicks have millions in the bank in case they do get sick, and it would not be surpising at all that Abraham-Hicks run to some secret doctor of their everytime they get a sniffle.
Like Mary Baker Eddy from Christian Science, she told everyone to stay away from doctors, yet she was a health neurotic, running to a doctor for every sniffle, and taking powerful drugs.

Someone could put a private investigator onto some of these people, and it would be interesting to see which of them who is telling others to NOT see doctors, go to doctors themselves in secret, and what kind of health insurance they do have.

People who tell others to avoid doctors, really do have an awful lot of blood on their hands. Many children, and adults have died horrible painful deaths due to their lies.
Of course, even worse, some of these same type of people charge people $30,000 for some quackery in Mexico.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: June 14, 2007 09:49AM

Gemini. I will not play your merry-go-round conversation with you.

Please post away your perceptions though.

They are very reinforcing for many of us who have walked away from such messed up philosphies out there.

So, Please post away.

Take care. I am not playing, nor am I biting.

Find another to play with.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 14, 2007 05:02PM

Gemini:

Please don't post promotional links to sell "The Secret."

That is against the rules of this message board that you agreed to.

You did this once already, which is quite enough.

Your last post was deleted.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Gemini ()
Date: June 14, 2007 07:14PM

rrmoderator
Gemini:

Please don't post promotional links to sell "The Secret."
tks for informing me about your actions and take on mine - rrmod.

i have no intention to promote "the secret" at all.
discussing a subject without reading what the originator has to say -
seems rather off to me. then hearso and thinkso comes more into play.

think TS is a film, that promotes a me-culture. and this is
the case everywhere in saturated me-cultures. it will only not be
given extra attention by popular talkshow hosts.

the problem is however that TS wraps its premises
in some spiritual law language, which others don't.

best
Gemini

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 14, 2007 07:34PM

Genimi:

OK.

But we try to avoid links to ad pages here.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 14, 2007 10:59PM

Jack Oskar Larm

Of course I'm only joking. Free speech, and all of that. It just irks my common sense that there are 'reasonable' people out there promoting their 'unreasonable' theories as if they were doctrine. Ooh, how I hate a doctrine unless it has scope to change, if necessary, when necessary. Things carved in stone bother me. Look, Ms Katie, go back to your lab and try your experiments again...

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 15, 2007 01:38AM

Isn't funny how the ones who are declaring how positive and non=judgemental they are come in here with being argumentive, and devisive in their posts.

Just another example of the contradictions of The Secret and LGAT's philosphy.

The creation of being oblivious to the negative that they bring to the table.

What a joke.

There behavior eventually does them in, and they still are declaring how positive and non-judgemental they are.

Everyone around sees right through this facade though.

Thank God

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 15, 2007 01:53AM

The Secret does approach the law of attraction from a spiritual aspect.

This is also where they take spirituality and twist it.

They approach that there is a universal power/god that is out there.

I am a Christian and I believe in God. Yet the secret inspite of its spiritual element approach God like a spiritual genie.

For those who come from a belief in God point of life.

There is a huge difference of knowing about God, and looking at the nice qualities of his nature. Loving, Gracious, forgiving, and so on.

What is not embraced is His negative side. Judgement, Holiness, Not wanting evil in his presense, and many other aspects.

The biblical view of what The Secret is declaring is to face ourselves and both the positive/negative that exists in alll of us.

The bibical requirement for being in relation to God is first dealing with me by facing the Cross, and the crucifixion of Christ.

The biblical approach to God is through the Cross and letting God Judge me by receiving His Judgement and His Forgiveness that is done when I embrace Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross for me.

Biblically this is what opens up my relation to God and His power in my life.

Yet, even then. Biblically I am not released from facing and dealing with my behavior that is negative. Which will be apart of me till I die.

Biblically its a daily relationship with Him and letting

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 15, 2007 01:59AM

oops didn't finish post

Biblically its a daily relationship with Him and letting Him confront me on my behavior.

Its daily going to the cross and letting God confront my behavior.

It is also letting God say no to things I ask for. It is letting Him direct my life by his biblical guidelines.

The Secret approaches God as a universal genie.

While making it a one way interaction with the universe or God.

Oh yes, there is the aspect of allowing for the feel good aspects of the Universe, or God to be felt by them.

Yet, the righteous judgement of God in their lives is dismissed and ignored.

The biblical God wants to drive the narcissism, hedonism, and humanism out of our lives.

Thats the God of the universe.

Not this spiritual genie that The Secret Portrays

Current Page: 30 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.