Current Page: 28 of 45
The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: June 13, 2007 05:59AM

David Schirmer’s is just applying “The Secret” philosphy “The Law Of Attraction” in his life is all. Watch the two videos back to back and then read the document on the link regarding the philosphy.
Here is a sentence from a paragraph that is contained on this document. All material references is posted below on this post.
I am putting emphasis on this sentence:
“The entire world and everyone in it is simply an extension of your-self, and you are literally unable to take the perspective of another human being.”
Taken from this paragraph from the document on link posted below about the Secret.
“ teaching that the world quite literally revolves around you, The Secret encourages and entrenches narcissism. In developmental psychology, narcissism doesn’t mean an unhealthy obsession with thinking only about yourself, it means you can’t think about yourself. The capacity for self-reflexive awareness just isn’t there. The entire world and everyone in it is simply an extension of your-self, and you are literally unable to take the perspective of another human being. This is not mystical union; this is pre-rational fusion, and without the ability.”
So what I am seeing here is David operating on this philosphy mindset that he has embraced to become filthy rich. This is not about being rich is a bad thing. What it is about is the means to become this rich.
From a purely objective viewpoint only. He attracted the wealth he wanted to attract. Only it cost him his soul in the process. His business practice has been exposed and he is absolutely unable to see his lack or moral character in how he has attained his riches.
So, in keeping with the philosphy of “The Secret”. David more than likely will never face himself, and the unethical means he has used to attain wealth in his life.
I see this play out a lot as I read the many posts on this website, and also what I saw in other participants lives in my Klemmer & Associates experience of all their seminars. I experienced this very lack of facing the ethical aspect in many ways in those who have succeeded in creating abundance in their lives with these seminars.
This inability to face themselves and what they bring to the table in relational conflicts, or in any conflicts is exactly what made me come to my senses with Klemmers philosphy in my own life.
Oh believe me. They say they are being responsible. But, just as many of the members who have been on this website for awhile can attest too. It is very obvious and clear when an apologist for a LGAT comes on and begins to share with other members about LGAT’s. The never ending loop begins as they can’t see how their very approach as an apologist for an LGAT shows this aspect is revealed load and clear by them. Nothing else needs to be said as their very behavior states the obvious for all the read.
So, to wrap it up. David Schirmer is living out the philosphy of “The Secret” and the law of attraction in his life.
If David Schirmer would face this in himself? He would be just another person that is not wealthy as he is accepting responsibility and pay those he owes money to. He also would not be making money as he is currently making it. So, the law of attraction works. He wants to attract money to himself, and he does. Only the how is not relevant to him obviously.
“The Secret” works. David Schirmer is proof that it works. I just don’t want this kind of philosphy that also creates the by product of me being delusional to how I am making it work in my life.
When the exception to the rule happens, and disaster strikes my life that this law could not stop? That is a whole other topic. There is much to be said on this topic, and has been said on this website.
Thanks.

Here is the reference material used.
David Schirmer from the movie “The Secret”
Part one:
[www.youtube.com]
Part Two:
[www.youtube.com]

The Secret discussed in a very interesting way.

[in.integralinstitute.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Gemini ()
Date: June 13, 2007 08:15AM

Byron Katie's blog on The Secret dd April 22, 2007

[www.byronkatie.com]
''The Difference between The Work and The Secret''

best,
Gemini

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: June 13, 2007 09:02AM

I'm sorry, but Byron Katie's "4 questions" are cuckoo. I love how she answers them . . . they somehow always manage, even if the answer is nutty, to prove/confirm her "work". Her "work" is not logical. It's magic and fantasy. And the answers to her 4 questions go in circles, as do the 4 questions themselves. It's like the circular lgat illogic type of "thought" process.

I dunno. I heard Katie speak one time (a birthday present from my lgat-programmed sister and friend who wanted to "help" me after I left the lgat - hahaha!) and I've read some of her stuff and listened to the CD I got at the talk, and I just think it's NUTTY! It's NON-sense.

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 13, 2007 09:18AM

From the link posted above:
[i:99fcb5aa48]
“There is a secret”—is it true? I don’t know, I just don’t know, could be, and how would I know when I have found it? Wouldn’t it mean (if it were really powerful) that when I truly found it, my life and the lives of everyone I love, which is everyone on the planet without exception, would be perfect? That I and all of us would no longer have to suffer from needing, wanting, and shoulding, and would be excited and grateful for what we have as we watch more and more flow in as we need it and always on time, just loving what is here for us right now in this moment? Hmmm. Okay, let’s keep moving.
[/i:99fcb5aa48]

She answers her "is it true" question with "I don't know". Then she tells us that if it were true, once she found the secret all the problems in the world would be solved. Obviously, since all the problems are [u:99fcb5aa48]not[/u:99fcb5aa48] solved SHE has not found it. (HUH?)

I have a question for her: because SHE has not found it means it's not true? (HUH?)

And interestingly, she says that if she found the secret we'd all be "loving what is here for us right now in the moment". That's what the Work is. Is the Secret the Work? I admit to having a hard time following her. Or, is she saying that she'd have the secret to make her Work work? What is she saying?!

(that's just the first question)

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Gemini ()
Date: June 13, 2007 03:07PM

skeptic
It's like the circular lgat illogic type of "thought" process.

pls explain the term lgat. i'm not familiar with that term.
btw, logic is not the 'god' for me.
i'm not impressed with the condescending tone of your post, skeptic.

best
Gemini

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 13, 2007 10:21PM

Gemini

There is nothing condescending about skeptic's post. He is pointing out legitimate discrepancies and absurdities in "lgat" thinking. "LGAT" stands for the forum topic you are posting under.

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 13, 2007 11:39PM

Hi Gemini,

Well, I'm curious, do you think Katie's criticism of the Secret makes sense? It's as nutty as the Secret.

As I said, I've had a little exposure to her and I think she's way out in la-la land. My bullsh*t radar sounds when I hear her.

Is she someone who makes sense to you?

Her goal/promise is that you will be forever happy because you will love all there is. She advocates "loving reality" which she explains happens when you accept reality, and you accomplish this little mental trick via her four questions. HUH? Acceptance = love? I can accept something horrible that's happened but that does not mean I will love it. In fact, I might set out to effect change! In ways, she teaches complacency and powerlessness. What a great thing the world needs more of!

In my [i:9c7fbb86e2]reality[/i:9c7fbb86e2], it's a [i:9c7fbb86e2]reality[/i:9c7fbb86e2] that I, as a human animal, am hardwired to feel a variety of emotions, which includes the ones Katie intends to banish. Any system of managing human feeling that attempts to deny certain feelings is a lie, for my purposes.

To me, she's full of contradiction and non-sense. And as with lgat trickery, I sometimes have a hard time getting a hold of the non-sense &/or being able to articulate it. But, having been involved with lgat non-sense for six years I now stay away from stuff that looks nonsensical. Her promise of bliss via four questions is nonsense to me. It's what lgats promise. Short cut to paradise, and it's[i:9c7fbb86e2] quick [/i:9c7fbb86e2]and [i:9c7fbb86e2]simple[/i:9c7fbb86e2]. I see red flags flying around Byron Katie

skeptic

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 13, 2007 11:43PM

And when I hear the process she goes through during her four questions my bullsh*t alarms are deafeningly LOUD.

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 14, 2007 12:01AM

[board.culteducation.com]

I don't know how to copy links so that you can click on but the above is an earlier discussion on this site about the Work. (It's on page 13)

The Secret (a movie)
Date: June 14, 2007 12:05AM

OH! The link worked! Just click it, Gemini, and read 55 more posts on the Work.

Current Page: 28 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.