Current Page: 24 of 45
The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Reality 2 by 4 ()
Date: April 29, 2007 06:22AM

Etopia
I just wanna say a few things. Firstly, I am proud to be on the cutting edge of thought creation. Oprah, The Secret and Abraham - Hicks has done more good for mankind then this forum of haters will ever accomplish. Yes, "The Secret" and its information has survived for hundreds of years and will continue to flourish. Unfortunately so has the resistance and ignorance of man. I see that all of you think that this is all bullsh*t. Well, do any of you have a better idea? It's so much easier to just spread your venom. "Well the world is just screwed up and everyone is misserable like us and no one is responsible, that's just the way it is", how pathetic. We are master creators whether we know it or not. If we could wake up to this truth we could make the world a better place. I don't see much evidence of this intention here. The whole point of all of this is that we are greater then we ever imagined, but all of you want to stay small, you want to be victims of random circumstance and stay unevolved. Well so be it I say to you! Stay small and powerless and cling to your negativity if that is what you choose. I have been a member of the Abraham - Hicks forums and I witnessed supportive, loving and caring human beings who all had the intention of upliftment of eachother not trying to commiserate and drag everyone down with their intellectual redundance. Good luck to all of you in your default creating of misery.

Unimpressed, :roll:
Cean.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

It sounds to me as if the miserable one is YOU. So much negativity!!!! What are you attracting to yourself by this kind of thinking?

Why does not agreeing with you make everyone here a 'hater'? Why does disagreement with your way of thinking sentence everyone to a life of misery?

Personally I think the secret/loa is a bunch of hooey and the followers' behaving like this is definitely one illustration of why I feel this way.

I'm not negative nor am I a hater. I survived an abusive childhood and being a victim of a natural disaster that I escaped from by mere seconds and that killed my friend, her daughter, several of my neighbors as well as destroying my home and every single thing I owned.

But oh yeah, I attracted it to myself....

I learned how to stay focused on positive under fire and I had to do it to survive. I didn't learn it from a bunch of wealthy self-help salesmen as a means to get a new car.

This LOA is an instruction manual and excuse for narcissism. Period.

Options: ReplyQuote
The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Etopia ()
Date: May 01, 2007 03:26AM

I find it interesting how anyone who disagrees with all of you is automatically "Negative".

The Anticult - "What happens is they become terrified of their own normal human feelings. It’s ok to get a bit ticked off, or sad, or feel the various human feelings. That's called being a normal human."

Wow, you people can't make up your minds. One minute it’s ok to be human and get angry the next minute you are judging people for it.

Shakti - "Being stripped of one's illusions is healthy and allows one to see the world more clearly." YES I agree, I just think that you all subscribe to your own illusions.

Question Lady – By the “law of attraction” the more you look to expose lies and manipulators the more you shall FIND and HAVE in your life – An unfortunate and poor use of the law indeed.

The Secret (a movie)
Date: May 01, 2007 08:55PM

Someone reviewed Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse 5 on television tonight and remarked how interesting is the book's representation of the Troglamites' view of human time. Troglamite's see human time, past, present, future, all existing all of the time; every event in a human lifetime is perfect, everything happens as it is supposed to...

I see parallels between this view of human life to the way Secret enthusiasts view life.

That was when I realised that what I really hate about the Secret is not so much the content but the absolutely charmless way in which the ideas are presented.

And further, I thought how charmless are any and all of these authoritarian life-coaching groups like Landmark, and these religious groups like Scientology.

There are lessons in Life. And there are charming ways to learn them.

The Secret (a movie)
Date: May 01, 2007 08:56PM

Excuse me: Tralfamadorians.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: May 01, 2007 10:29PM

A number of 'experts' seen in The Secret are current and former TM teachers, trained by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. They have the same training, and social life, which they spin for their own advancement - quite successfully I might add!

Of course, The Secret producers do not reveal connections between these deemed independent experts.

For your entertainment, here's another's take on The Secret, mimicking their inspirational "Master":

[board.culteducation.com]

:lol:

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: May 01, 2007 10:31PM

Try this.

[www.youtube.com]

sorry for error-link above

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: May 02, 2007 12:21AM

I don't have anything really valuable to add to the thread right now, BUT I've wanted to mention that I often drive past a distribution center for The Secret on my way to work, and every time I do I want to throw a brick through the window that has "look what you attracted!" written on it...but I stopped playing Universe a long time ago.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: May 02, 2007 01:37AM

Etopia
Question Lady – By the “law of attraction” the more you look to expose lies and manipulators the more you shall FIND and HAVE in your life – An unfortunate and poor use of the law indeed.

Are you saying that by the LOA I will have more lies and manipulators in my life or more [i:5d1e9800b6]exposed[/i:5d1e9800b6] lies and manipulators in my life?

Are you saying that I created the lies and manipulators? Or maybe you are saying that there aren't really lies and manipulators, I just think there are? :?

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Etopia ()
Date: May 02, 2007 02:49AM

Question Lady - Of course there ARE liars and manipulators in this world but they don't have to be part of your experience unless you want them to. You can only expose something that is in your reality and so it will come to you to be exposed. The planet is full of hazards and potentially harmful experiences and people. I'm just not going to run out and find them and focus on them with more thought energy. I realise that these are my beliefs and I am happy with them. I have also realised that I need to allow others to find their own way and have their own journey. I was just having a bit of fun with all of you and giving you guys a bit of a hard time. Isn't it boring when everyone just agrees with you?

Anyway, I'm going to move on and post in the Abe-Hicks forum where I'm appreciated. I sincerely wish you all the best on your journeys.

Cean :wink:

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: May 02, 2007 06:27AM

You're always welcome here, Etopia. Just don't expect everyone to agree with your ideas. You obviously have a difficult road ahead. You fell asleep and found yourself on the Yellow Brick road. When you're ready to come back remember all it takes is to click your heels together. And once you've wiped the sleep from your eyes you'll see that the world really isn't spinning as hard as you imagine...

Current Page: 24 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.