Current Page: 45 of 45
Re: The Secret, Oprah, Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith Spiritual Liberation
Posted by: ConcernedWife ()
Date: December 20, 2016 03:33AM

Hello,

I am wanting to know the truth here also. My husband & I found out about Beckwith from watching Oprah & in the beginning he sounded great (to my husband) but to me I didn't understand why the words'Jesus Christ or Lord' was never really used. God yes but I hear Deity alot.
I myself grew up Catholic & husband Baptist. God,JC & Lord our Savior was always in the forefront in prayers & what not. Yes,this new age way of thinking is cool but I have my husband snapping when I say 'Thank you Lord for keeping him/us safe', he tells me to say God not Lord or JC.
I just have this feeling he is following a false God/man. He is even wanting to send money (we don't have) to this Agape place and wanting griffis to move closer to Agape. (I don't, it scares me!)
A month of watching their sermons online or listening to the meditations. I feel my husband is being brainwashed, could I be wrong? I listen to the same thing he does but I get a bad, weird feeling from it. God Almighty & his son Jesus Christ saved my husband from crack cocaine. He is 10+ yrs clean. I give thanks to JC & his father in Heaven. Because the word deity means to me a false God.
So please help me here if possible.

Concerned Wife <\3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Secret, Oprah, Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith Spiritual Liberation
Posted by: liminal ()
Date: December 29, 2016 12:13AM

Concerned Wife, there is some more info on Beckwith here [forum.culteducation.com]

I also recommend Rick Ross' book Cults Inside Out: How People Get In and Can Get Out. Ross clearly lays out how to research problematic groups and leaders. Also how to educate loved ones who have maybe fallen under sway of charismatic leaders.

Options: ReplyQuote
Current Page: 45 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.