Current Page: 7 of 10
Dating/relationship possible with a LEC fan?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 15, 2004 06:11AM

in the November 2001 issue of Esquire--American edition.

(I think Esquire has a separate edition for the UK, and dont know if that article appeared in it.)

I looked all over the web trying to find an online copy of it, with no success.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notmadanymore ()
Date: February 05, 2004 07:09PM

Don't go out with someone.

At whatever cost, don't let these people into your life.

They are like cockroaches or ants: controlled by some fat gross queen; not knowing what they're doing just reproducing endlessly.

Lock the door. Close the shutters; and live your life without this.

Life is too short to waste it.

Posted by: nycupperes ()
Date: February 23, 2004 05:20PM

Living in Manhattan I've come across a few Landmarkian people. The first was my physical therapist, who told me that he met his wife from Landmark at a seminar. Then I find out that my doctor was also a part of the Education, so I started researching the cult to find out more information.

I mentioned this to a girl I was dating and she said, yes, I've heard of Landmark. I broke up with her, and about a month after got invited to her "graduation." I luckly declined. I ended up sort of losing touch with her, but still occasionally get articles emailed to me informing me of how great landmark is in the news. She did give up on me and met another guy, who of course was willing to be educated. The last time I spoke to her, she had told me that her mother had attended the course and loved it.

So, why after two years, did I come to this forum again. Because the topic of this thread was dead on (pardon the pun) with a recent email I received from girl on Match.com. The first line of her profile read:

-------------------
"About me and who I'd like to date
I am Greek-American, cultured, sophisticated, religious, spiritual, artistic, well-read, can cook, dance, speak Greek and Spanish, have travelled extensively in Europe and the United States, look Mediterranean or South Anerican (Argentinian or Brazilian), take part in Landmark Education - a transformation conversation available in several countries, write, sing, like staying home and going out, like trying new things and am a moderate liberal Democrat who can sometimes be very liberal and other times very conservative.

I kindly sent her a response titled, "I'm Sorry," and requested that she seeks help to get deprogrammed. The below was her response:

"First of all, I do not need any judgment about where I live. And I am not working although I have my degrees and talents. Judgment over work or where I live, or assumptions, are not welcome by me by those around me. So, if that is how you would be, I would not go on a first date with you. And, if you have any negative comment on this, I would like to not get an email.
As for spending money, I have spent money there s well as taken some free classes. With what I have gotten out of it, and the people I have met, it has been wel lworth it.

Becasue I received some training in being a leader at LEC, I can tell you that it has been used by governments, companies like Reeboc & it has been reveiwed by the American Psychological Association and harvard Business School. I and others have many friends that are or are not involved in the program, and are in a variety of social, cultural, religious and financial backgrounds.

Thank you for your concern though .Feel free to check with the better Business Bureau or any other authority.
I welcome NO emailscommenting about my being in a cult, where I live, finances, friends or other. I I get them, Match will be notified.
Take care."
--------------

Can anyone say, "Psycho." Needless to say I did NOT go out with this girl, but instead sent her a links to a few sites that I though could help. I feel sory for her that she had to live in one of the worst neighborhoods in NYC and is unemployed.

[b:5a99424966]It's scary how many people will so easily give up the one thing that separates us from all other earth animals, rational choice and thinking. [/b:5a99424966]

My only advice to anyone that gets invited to a Landmark Education seminar is Run don't Walk in the other direction

Date: February 23, 2004 05:26PM

After reading over the posts, I was surprised how long it took for people to pick up on the fact that Hotshot was just a Landmarkian. He was and still remains the only person on the thread telling our brave soldiar to go out with this girl. To me that was an instant red flag. In addition, look at the symbolism in his name "HOTSHOT." It's probably one of the more narsistic, self centered names one could choose, but unfortunatly he has no free choice anymore.

Posted by: liz ()
Date: March 02, 2004 11:26AM

Am I one of the few that was nausiated during the touchy feeling kissing before I even knew they were only out to pickpocket me.
I must be healing as I can laugh now-
When I was pressured to attend a PD event(my husbands daughter invited me 16 times I attended as it was
only hope that shed stop asking.)
But ins pite of my intention to stay for the event I became so
horrified withing 30 minutes that I walked out.
A room a derramged robotic like moonies thinking they were
going to get me to enroll in their Personal Dynamics (PD )
training.
I later emailed his daughter explaining that (PD) Pathetic Dreamers group was not the path I was going to be taking.

Liz in nyc

Posted by: elena ()
Date: March 02, 2004 08:20PM

Yes, they are trained to look directly into your eyes and smile big with much more intensity than most of us would find comfortable with strangers. Same thing salesmen are taught. It can be likened to the "predatory stare" Robert Hare mentions in "Without Conscience." They know that some people will be disarmed or mesmerized by this tactic.

Ellen

Date: March 02, 2004 10:25PM

It's interesting that you mention this technique. I was also able to experience it first hand while overseas in London last year. I was with my girl friend at the time and we were in Trafalgar Square. We saw this strange looking bus (looked like the Partridge Family Bus), with lots of weirdo’s hanging out. So, I thought it would be fun to go in and see the freak show. It certainly was.

Inside the "Jesus’ Army" bus ([www.jesus.org.uk]), were the strangest bunch of people I ever had the misfortune to experience in my life. The graphic images of street people down and out, the handing out of coffee (caffeine and sugar). Granted some of the people really needed help, but it was obviously a recruiting platform. As I listened to all the stuff about how Jesus died for my sins and how great he was, I couldn't help but notice that my girlfriend and I had become separated.

I had to endure this street guy from Australia telling the story of how he was on so many drugs that he should have died and then Jesus appeared and saved him. Then the "leader" of the group kept staring in my eyes, his pupils were completely dilated. It was an intense stare that seemed uncomfortable and unnatural. I finally decided that it was time to get out when I learned that all the people were volunteers that had given up their normal jobs to live in a commune.

I headed to the front of the bus, and the leader asked if he could bless me. I said sure, playing the game, so he proceeded to grasp my forehead with his palm and recite some prayer, and then suddenly jolted me. I stood my ground, and did not succumb. He told me many people would have collapsed in some sort of catharsis. Perhaps my previous training in the Martial Arts or Self-Hypnosis made me aware of the manipulative techniques, but the [b:d45aa5eaa8]POWER OF THE STARE [/b:d45aa5eaa8] was tremendous.

It became obvious that the Bus was not there to help any of the homeless but rather to recruit new converts. I struggled to pry my girlfriend away from the other women, who had already requested that she fill out a card with her contact information. Luckily she was smart enough to give the incorrect information.

It comes down to there are plenty of people out there waiting to steal your mind and often you don’t even realize when it’s happening.

Date: March 02, 2004 10:52PM

I also just wanted to post the follow up with the Landmarkian women that I met online:

[b:7cd3509ddf]This was the email that I sent her after she wend balistic on me:[/b:7cd3509ddf]

I was not trying to be rude or judgemental, just helpful. If you list Landmark Education in your openning description on a dating site, it's a sure sign that you're under the influence.

"So, to begin, I want to state the most basic of all facts about brainwashing: In the entire history of man, no one has ever been brainwashed and realized, or believed, that he had been brainwashed. Those who have been brainwashed will usually passionately defend their manipulators, claiming they have simply been "shown the light" ...or have been transformed in miraculous ways."

I suggest the following link as a start:

[www.ctyme.com]
[www.stelling.nl]
[www.religio.de]
[members.aol.com] (help group)

I feel bad that you are unemployed and don't know your circumstances. I'm sure things will get better for you. I though about letting Mxxxx.com know that you are recruting for a cult on their site, but then again you probably don't realize that you are, do you??? I'll just live and let live, that's my philosophy.

Take Care too :-)

[b:7cd3509ddf]This was the response from the Landmarkian Woman[/b:7cd3509ddf]

I glimpsed at one -will not read. I am not recruiting.
Go to a couse to see instead of guessing. Call them if you are concerned.
Nice joke "HRLP".

Comments:
How could this woman claim she is not recruiting when she wrote, "[b:7cd3509ddf]GO TO A COUSE[/b:7cd3509ddf]??? (I believe she meant Course). She also wrote "[b:7cd3509ddf]CALL THEM[/b:7cd3509ddf]...

That's two suggestions in a single paragraph. Can someone explain why they can't see the truth?

What also concerned me was the [b:7cd3509ddf]will not read[/b:7cd3509ddf] programmed response. How can you deprogram these people, when they are trained to NOT READ any literature that goes against the Landmank Philosophy???

Does any one know what "HRLP" means? I'm not familiar with this lingo.

Posted by: liz ()
Date: March 03, 2004 01:15AM

have you ever heard the expression
"when in doubt leave it out"

gdluckwith your decision
Liz in nyc

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 03, 2004 03:08AM

There is some kind of power when a person is capable of staring others down.

This first URL is a description of how someone was nearly recruited by a bogus guru who had perfected 'The Stare'

[forum.culteducation.com]

This second thread has a bunch of articles about various forms of hypnotic gaze used in some LGAT training and by bogus gurus. In some forms of 'guru-devotion' the devotee sits opposite the guru, who stares deeply into the devotee's eyes.

This set up may be innocent in most cases but could easily be exploited for trance induction by unscrupulous persons.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.