Current Page: 4 of 10
Dating/relationship possible with a LEC fan?
Posted by: elena ()
Date: December 26, 2003 10:02AM

Here are a couple that I find/found onerous, disturbing, frightening, manipulative, or just plain weird.

The oft repeated "If you experienced it, it is true for you." What they neglect to add is that your experience may have been contrived by scammers for their own benefit, not yours. Or that you can be tricked experiencially as well as emotionally or intellectually. It's an ambiguous "tenet" but some adherents use it as justification or foundation for a lot of other solipcistic nonsense. They do not allow that someone standing outside your experience can often see what you cannot or that an outside observer's view may be more accurate.

"You create your own reality." This is an almost complete negation, in Landmark-land, of the beings and doings of any other human being. If you read a book, in Landmark-land, *YOU* are the one using your own a priori knowledge to imagine the words on paper which you hold in front of you. Your own perceptions are responsible for your construction of the world. Everything and everybody are just imaginary props or resource to be utilized or discarded in your own "amazing" life.

There are lots more.

Ellen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 26, 2003 10:13PM

However, if you're sure, deep in your gut that you were not harmed, you would not have needed to use so many capital letters in your last post.

Thats the equivalent of shrieking 'I'm fine!!!'.

If you know you benefitted, or at least were not harmed, then there's no need to feel concerned about our viewpoints.

If you trust your perceptions, you're free to write us off as a minority perspective on the whole thing.

Check in with some people who know you before you did your LGAT, and care about your welfare.

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: December 27, 2003 01:48AM

Hi Elena:

What is interesting with those two ideas, is that they have a grain of "truth" to them. According to some legit theories, our brain does "construct" a representation of "reality", and this is what we really are experiencing. (Constructivism)

BUT, with some of the further refinements of these ideas, as you point out, it crosses the line into something else altogether.

"If you experienced it, it is true", is actually both true and false. Our experiences are all we can go on, but they can be grossly distorted misinterpretations of external reality. We have to "Reality Test" these experiences, otherwise people can make grotesque perceptual errors. (Paranoia, panic, delusion, etc).

Its as if they have taken a basic philosophical idea, and then grossly exaggerated it, to create Programmed Confusion in the victim de jour.

Your second point, if believed as written, would literally lead to a type of insanity.
And of course, interwoven in the second idea, is the Narcissistic perspective. People are mere props to be used in ones quest for personal Grandiousity, WITHOUT EMPATHY. (lack of empathy is a Virtue for the Narcissist.)

So it seems they give the people the "reward" of imagining they are an "amazing" person. (Narcissistic supply). Yet at the same time, they are putting forward "ideas" that if believed, it seems to me will lead to a mental breakdown. The more i look at these "ideas" put forward by them, the more i see that they are deliberately designed to create confusion, anxiety, and even much worse in their victims.

I would guess that Landmark started by reverse engineering. They probably said, "what mental state do we want our victims to be in?"
And then they designed a bunch of nutty ideas to put them into that state of mind.

Its interesting that what Landmark is selling is basically the opposite of what is talked about in the Cognitive Therapies. In these one must GIVE UP the notion that you are the center of the universe, and that your subjective experiences represent Objective Reality.
But CBT-REBT, and the other Cogntive Behavioral Therapies were designed to enhance mental health, whereas Landmark is obviously designed to break people down, and even send them into a mental breakdown.

Its actually seems to confirm the basic premise of Cognitive Theory...
If we hold a bunch of nutty ideas in our head, we will go nutty!

So we have to carefully adjust our Perceptions, to ensure they are functional and adaptive.
Whereas Landmark has designed a bunch of "crazy" ideas, to make people crazy and break them down. So its using the insights of philosophy and cognitive theory in an evil way.
This gives them maximum power over their followers, and this power can be translated into money, or whatever else the Leader chooses.

If people want to harm Landmark, this is the best way to do it, in my opinion. Those who know a lot about Landmark could create a type a large document anonymously, revealing ALL of Landmarks techniques, from start to finish. Just take their training manuals, and just spell it ALL out. Then just release this all over the internet.

For instance, the meme that "Landmark is a dangerous cultic group" is very powerful and harmful to Landmark, and that's a good thing.
[The Time article about Scientology called "Cult Of Greed" is a very powerful meme.]
This is why the Landmarkians had to drop the "est" idea. Too many negative memes out there about est. So, they create Landmark, leave Werner out of the PR, try to stay legal, let people go to the bathroom, etc. They are trying to stay inside the laws, while still making their money.

In my view, the way to REALLY get these guys, is to EXPOSE ALL OF THEIR TECHNIQUES.
What the world needs is a large, anonymous document on the internet called LANDMARK EXPOSED, or LANDMARK'S LIES.

Education is power, and when most people LEARN what they are doing, it ceases to have as much power over you. The real answer to combatting all this cultic mind-control is Education, in my view.

I actually call it Psychosocial Self-Defense.
Noam Chomsky calls his work "a course in Intellectual Self-Defense".
I think we need free courses on the internet in Psychosocial Self-Defense as well.

Those who have been harmed by Landmark, and know ALL ABOUT Landmark, could do a great service to the world, by carefully, accurately and objectively spelling out ALL of their techniques and methods and motives, and releasing this document of anti-Landmark antiviral MEMES anonymously on the net.

Coz

elena
Here are a couple that I find/found onerous, disturbing, frightening, manipulative, or just plain weird.

The oft repeated "If you experienced it, it is true for you." What they neglect to add is that your experience may have been contrived by scammers for their own benefit, not yours. Or that you can be tricked experiencially as well as emotionally or intellectually. It's an ambiguous "tenet" but some adherents use it as justification or foundation for a lot of other solipcistic nonsense. They do not allow that someone standing outside your experience can often see what you cannot or that an outside observer's view may be more accurate.

"You create your own reality." This is an almost complete negation, in Landmark-land, of the beings and doings of any other human being. If you read a book, in Landmark-land, *YOU* are the one using your own a priori knowledge to imagine the words on paper which you hold in front of you. Your own perceptions are responsible for your construction of the world. Everything and everybody are just imaginary props or resource to be utilized or discarded in your own "amazing" life.

There are lots more.

Ellen

Posted by: hotshot ()
Date: December 27, 2003 07:22PM

No wonder people get pissed off with you in these forums,
you are all in a way your own little cults, the avengers,
sherlock holmes, elena get a life, you arent god,
but by the way you write, you think you are(get a job as a lawyer, be more pay)I came here just to write about Landmark, and yes i questioned some of your statment, but oh no, that dont happen on this website, like the others before me, if you question, you are isolated, haha. In what way? In the way that, there is no freedom of speech with you people, just psychobabble, your very own psychobabble BS.
And who are you people to make such wild sweeping statements,
did I hear some people havent ever done Landmark, fear of being overly sensitive to dissociation, yet that doesnt seem to matter, you still know the workings of every human life, every experience, you are superior enough to say your opinion, which of course is RIGHT, NOTHING LESS.

I would almost think from your righteous attitudes , that you guys MOSTLY were affected by Landmark, to be so pompous.
You think you are elite psychologists, its quite funny.
And you spur each other on, one post will be quite nice, but then big brother comes in, and stirs everyone up to have a go, like a pack of wolves.
U SURE YOU AINT DONT LANDMARK??Im starting to get your paranoia myself,, because you sure give a persuasive argument, in fact you manipulate people to see IT YOUR WAY OR NO WAY(woops slipped on the Capital again)
which is so landmark.
Analyse this brainwaves.

(elena, cosmo and co speculating, on formulating:)

Could she be a landmark leader?
Bet she is!!! She is very pro_landmark..........hmm let me see, yup she's involved, or if not shes a helpless victum, totally plugged with Landmark values...
And guys,
Just like Landmark, ill forgive you, and hold no rackets, love you all.
Because you have given me about the equivalent of a bad slapstick comedy with you last comments.
Very predictable.
lol

Date: December 27, 2003 07:26PM

Im not arguing with you, if you noticed, I was giving you a little advice
you aint even done Landmark, my dear boy.
This is fun, fun, fun,
Cmon give it to me baby,
Throw some of your research my way,
I want to be analysed, cmon on, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ,
and its free, yahoooooooo,
tell me, tell me more
I wanna be a member of your club for life

Date: December 28, 2003 03:23AM

I guess there will be no end to the Landmarkians coming here and lying, and trying to manipulate.

The truth scares them.
You can see in the last post by Hotshot the extreme reactive emotions being triggered. When discussion fails, they have to fall back into "Landmarking", which is a form of glorified personal attacks.

There is no question, Landmark attracts, and uses people with an "Ethical Deficit". People who think that lying is ok, and aren't troubled by that little thing called a conscience. Its quite chilling when you think of all the Landmarkians out there in the world exploiting, lying, and manipulating innocent minded, trusting people. People who are good, decent, trusting people would be the ones most harmed by Landmark, as they could get suckered in by it.

I am looking forward to the day when some former Landmark experts will construct a powerful MEME document to disrupt Landmark.
To create this document would take many many hours, but it would be a form of therapy for the person(s) who do it.
And they would have the satisfaction of knowing they are helping others.

The way to hurt Landmark is to expose their Techniques.
Just look at all the anti-Landmark websites on the internet. That is wonderful.

We should have a meme design contest.
My favorite core memes about Landmark are these.

LANDMARK IS A DANGEROUS CULT THAT WANTS TO TAKE YOUR MONEY!

LANDMARK WAS CREATED BY A FORMER HIGH-RANKING SCIENTOLOGIST.

LANDMARK IS BRAINWASHING.

LANDMARK USES MIND-CONTROL TECHNIQUES.

These types of ideas are very powerful, and resonate with regular people, and damage the Landmark PR machine.
Landmark is a nasty virus, which uses individual humans as "host cells". It takes over the person, uses up the persons resources, and then either enrolls the person in recruitment, or casts them aside.

I am waiting for the day that ALL of Landmarks techniques will be EXPOSED for all the world to see. As the anti-Landmark memes build up in the world, their business will be harmed.

Coz

Date: December 28, 2003 07:16AM

you in the equation must play the role of ......... jesus, or could it be one of the three wise men, let me know.
Oh the paranoia , the paranoia.

Date: December 28, 2003 07:45AM

Some of the people on this website, have good hearts, and wish you well.
But unfortunately do not, ever never, ever, in your wildest dreams, critique them in anyway.
They are not to be in anyway, questioned, or disagreed with, they themselves are very fragiles, souls, terrified of the programmed zombies that have left Landmark, terrifed we could possible enter their lives and take over their own world.(like as if they aint enough problems to worry about)
Corboy has even said himself, he would have to stay far, far away from the FORUM, in case he lost the plot, so they will project their own fears onto you.
If you have done Landmark, you have immediately become under suspicion, so tred carefully, very carefully, on this forum, irrational judgements can flare at any moment, or you could find yourself in a virtual world of psychology gone wrong. If you came to look out of curiosity, and do not have any major emotional upheval to report on your experiences with Landmark, DONT WRITE, I WARN YOU, because, they have their own mind programming going on,they will tell you with their professional research through (GOOGLE is one avenue)
that your life is not all that it seems, that you are a shell, whilst they are whole and truthfull.
The believe themselves to be private investigators, only one problem, they themselves dont have the qualifications.
So seek help in the REAL WORLD, not with the amateur wannabes.

:)
But then again, the only thing they can do to you, is try
and accuse you of being involved heavily with Landmark.
If you read through other statements, they will often come up with again, and again, they everybody is a SECRET SPY working for Landmark, but thats about it so no major drama really, go on actually write for a laugh, and see everything I said unfold.

:D :D :D :D

And for the people that have an genuine hurt from Landmark, these people can help you(this website), VERY briefly, but seek proper help, dont listen to their rantings for too long, or you may end up with more problems, and from whom........... thats the question.

Date: December 29, 2003 09:52AM

Its fascinating how the wild rambling ravings from Landmarkian Propagandists are so similar to eachother.
It always comes down to a Ad Hominem attack though.

Never any specific points, backed up with objective scientific evidence.

Just wild ravings and personal attacks.

My only hope is that because the Landmark Wolf eats its own young, the most nasty of the Landmark Promoters will be given a taste of their own medicine by their own beloved Landmark.

I know one woman who was a big Landmarkian, that through the wild, raving Landmark Attack strategy she learned from Landmark, destroyed her livelihood. She was so obnoxious, and vicious, she was legally forced to quit a union for LIFE, or face severe civil litigation. She lost her entire livelihood.

The Landmark techniques are POISON to interpersonal relationships.

Coz

Posted by: elena ()
Date: December 29, 2003 10:31AM

What were you thinking when you wrote the following? I think you may have suffered some kind of brain damage. That is, if you were a normally functioning person before the programs.

Ellen

>>Okay, sorry, didnt read the rest haha.
Well i guess, I do know what you mean, there were times in that course I thought I had actually LOST my emotions,
Lost my whole past, which was very spooky,it all felt very surreal, and I felt like I was one of the only people FREAKING OUT, at the time, everybody else seemed fine.
I do think Landmark is a huge con job, which are cruel, and should be shut down. ITS all quite evil.
But lucky I didnt feel the need to go back ever again. Although in saying that, I did do the advanced, so I did go back.
I think this website is great, I was shocked in reading some of the stories initially, but I totally believe them.>>>

Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.